CHAPTER 8 - Realisation

The End In Sight

== Chapter 8 ==

 

                                                                                                       Realisation                                                                                                      

== Jungkook

It took some thought. Beating Jimin up didn’t seem like it had much of an effect on the other, so he doubted he could get anything out from him than the others had up until now. He needed something different, it was then that the image of Jimin swinging a hammer in that room came rushing to his mind.

 

What was it that Jimin truly feared, what was it that Jungkook could use to break apart the others mentality?

 

He wasn’t planning on dirtying himself, he could easily get others for that, more so, there were plenty going after Jimins anyway, for Jungkook to have to do anything himself personally.

 

However, Jungkook still felt like he could just perfectly torment the other, and there were many ways in which he could.

 

He felt himself smirk, as his eyes met Jimins who sat across the canteen, looking back at him with a somewhat irritated and disturbed expression.

== Jimin

He looked back at the other, who was smirking casually, and he could only feel his own anger and irritation rise. What was Jungkook up to?

 

There had to be something. Something that Jimin had missed out on. Was Jungkook also someone sent to torment him in this place? How many more were needed for this job?

 

He needed answers, and he knew a person who probably held some of them, yet he knew, Myungsoo never wanted the topic to be brought up near him, and so, Jimin had always remained silent about it.

 

Either way. He had to fight back. Taking a beating from the others was fine, but now that it was also brought back to the cell, and he didn’t think he could last long under such conditions.

 

Jungkook began walking towards him with his tray full of that nasty that Jimin was still yet to get used to.

 

Who was sending these people?

 

Who would want to take revenge on him this bad, this desperately?

 

Who-

 

Blood shot eyes, filled with anger and disgust stared at him in the court room. The young innocent boy, who he learned to be the son of that who he had murdered.

 

His eyes widened.

 

== Jungkook

He watched Jimins face turn to something of a shock, as he rose, tripping over his own feet, before messily getting back up from the floor and running out of canteen. Jungkook stared in confusion at the door through which Jimin had just left through, before turning his gaze back to where Jimin had just sat, the food tray untouched.

 

Did he fear him this much already?

 

But only seconds ago he was looking all irritated and somewhat smug back at him. Such sudden change from the other was unsettling.

== Jimin

How dumb. How dumb could he have been. He ran his hand through his hair in distress, as he remained squatted down behind one of the buildings, - his back leaning against the cool brick wall.  

 

Jungkook looked like the exact copy of a boy that he had seen in courtroom that day, his image remaining unchanged in Jimins memory, yet it appeared time had changed Jungkook in some ways.

 

“How’s your head?”

 

The sudden sound of voice scared him, and he flinched in shock, causing himself to fall sideways onto his .

 

“You’re spacing out way too much kid” Myungsoo said, “Remember what I have taught you”

 

It was Myungsoo, who gave him the advice from the beginning to remain unchanged, to control his feelings as best as he could in order to survive this place. His words proved right, after so many encounters, he began changing his ways, and it did get better, - well, as best as Jimin guessed that it could in this place and it being him.

 

“Does he want to kill me?” Jimin asked the words grimly, as he got back to squatting position, and looking at the dirt beneath him.

 

“Well hitting you this hard on the head, you could only assume so” Myungsoo answered, oblivious to Jimins question true meaning.

 

“Jungkook” Jimin said the name, looking up to see Myunsgoos eyes widen and then go back to their usual state.

 

“To tell you the truth” he paused “I don’t know”, and Jimin believed his words. Myungsoo could have simply lied, or tried to beat around the bush with some poor excuses, but he did not, his answer was true to his knowledge and feelings.  

 

He knew Myungsoo, and the person he had killed were friends, he often questioned Myungsoo and his actions, in particularly at the beginning, but soon gave up. Whether it was because he looked for comfort, a friend in this place, or because he truly believed that Myungsoo had no other intentions apart from being his friend. Either way, Myungsoo could have easily killed him since day one, and yet Jimin was still alive, so it was something he could only be grateful for, even if Muyngsoo was to turn against him in the near future.

 

Myungsoo gave out a heavy sigh.

 

“I don’t think he has it in him, but people change. He was an innocent boy, completely different from his father, but hatred changes people, it changes their values and actions. Time. Nothing remains unchanged by time, but I choose to believe that he still has that innocence in him.”

 

Was he to feel better at hearing these words?

 

“How did you find out?” he finally asked, and there was a hint of curiosity in his voice.

 

“I have seen him in the court room. Took me a while right?” He grinned sheepishly at Myungsoo, who looked apologetically back at him, and he could only turn away and stare back at the ground.

 

“It’s fine” he finally said, standing up on his feet, “I know. I really do. I understand why you couldn’t tell me, so don’t look so apologetically at me. And…” he paused feeling something squeeze his chest “… if you must do something for Jungkooks sake, I will understand, so don’t hold back when the time comes”

 

“No” The other said, waving his hand, before putting his other hand out, for Jimin to help him to get up.

 

“Jungkook had always been like my own son, but through our time here, you have become no different to me than him. I do not believe the crime you are labelled by. I refuse it, and I will not get swept by someone else’s blinded rage. I’ve lived far too long to be so easily swayed.” There was a small pause, before he continued, now staring deep into his eyes “You must remain strong Jimin, because I fear, that this is only the start for you”.

 

-

 

Jungkooks way or tormenting him ranged from vicious ones to sometimes childish ways, of which some made Jungkook seem so innocent in Jimins eyes. He looked like a child, even more whiles sleeping, with his lips parted and his bunny teeth clearly visible.

 

Tripping him up in canteen, and making him fall down with his whole food tray. Hitting or pushing him as he walked past. Calling him names. Throwing clean laundry on the floor so Jimin would have to hang it all up again. Wrapping his fingers around his neck, and whispering hateful words. Punching him in anger. The list began growing as time went, but oddly, Jimin found himself able to fall asleep easier, sometimes getting that rare chance to wake up before the other, and watch, as the other innocently slept. It must have been that he had finally figured the other out. More or less, he was now aware of the others true intentions.

 

He couldn’t hate the other, or truly fight the other, because he knew that this was only fair, that he deserved all of this and far worse in the other’s eyes.

 

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

 

I have no idea why it takes me so long to update this...