CHAPTER 10 - Trust?

The End In Sight

== Chapter 10 ==

 

                                                                                                       Trust?                                                                                                      

== Jungkook

It was Jimin in front of him, bloodied hands and shirt. Blood dripping from the side of his lip, and something of a bruise already appearing next to his eye. It may have looked like a defeat, but the look in Jimins eyes was that of someone who had no intention of ending his life here.

 

“This must be where you end” Despite his own observation, Jungkook still found himself saying the words, no particular emotion attached to them, - he just felt like they needed to be said, in order to make them real, - to make them truly happen.

 

“I’m sorry, but I cannot die like this” Came a surprise of an answer, and he couldn’t hide astonishment from appearing on his face, as he continued to listen “I have to protect my younger brother, I will be forced to fight back even if it’s you”

He watched somewhat frozen. For the first time, Jimin was ready to really fight back and not just anyone, but him.

 

“That’s why you have been struggling so much to survive here? And how do you plan to get out of this hole?”

The questioned seemed to come as a surprised for the other, - seeing Jimins startled face, followed by a mixed expression of intimidation and hurt.

 

This must have been what Myungsoo have talked about before, - it really couldn’t have been Jimin, and he had been too blinded to see so all this time. Jimin really was just an innocent kid, incapable of such brutal murder and was only sacrificing himself here to protect someone else. His brother?

 

Jimin wasn’t a murderer, - he was just a fool with too much sense of duty, and Jungkook could finally see it.

 

They stood there still, neither moving an inch, as they observed each other.

Both thinking the same, - What would be the others next move?

 

“There he is!” A voice shouted, as the sound of shoe screeches bounced off the walls, followed by more, who turned to desperately run in their direction.

 

Jimin wasn’t turning around to ready himself to defend, instead he continued to stare at the other’s eyes, expectantly, and for the first time pleadingly.

 

“Stop” Jungkook commanded, after something of a suspenseful pause, - now directing his gaze at the bunch behind Jimin, who stopped at his command confused.

 

“That’s it” he said with a serious tone “Deals off, you can go”.

 

They watched him for a bit, before starting to smirk.

 

“You think we are your dogs for you to command us as you please?” the red hair hissed, a noticeable red line decorating his neck, and Jungkook didn’t need to question where it came from.

 

“The deals off when we say it’s off” One of the others said, stepping forward to make a point.

 

He felt himself smirk. It was like a stupid dominance game, and lamely enough he was going to join them in it.

 

He motioned with his head for Jimin to just go, if anything in his state, Jimin just looked more of an unnecessary hassle on the side than anything else.

 

1 vs 5, oddly he was looking forward to it. His time to truly test his skills, and finally a chance to rip these disgusting beings to shreds.

 

Jimin didn’t move, which he found annoying, being forced to go running at them first himself because of it.

 

He threw the first punch, and dodging another one aimed at his face from the side. His leg rose, swinging at one theirs rib cage, and meeting it with a loud grunt of pain from the other, - quickly sending a smile of satisfaction on his own face. The feeling of adrenalin was overwhelming, and it made him feel alive.

 

His eyes registered a motion from his left side, and before he had the chance to act on it, a sharp and quick kick was made to the guys stomach. It was Jimin.

 

Jimin was quick, even in his current state. Jungkook really underestimated the others ability.

 

It wasn’t much of a fight, when they were pretty much done before it even truly got brutal.

 

== Jimin

It felt awkward. Although they have been sharing a cell over 3 months now, suddenly being on the same side, or even having the other pretend to be on the same side, felt unsettling, - and as much as he felt it, it seemed like the other was not feeling this sudden change either.

 

The other seemed uncomfortable, with his actions awkward as he restlessly paced around the room. Sitting down, then standing up, fidgeting with whatever he could reach and then setting it down, as Jimin watched from the top of his bed, his back leaning against the wall, and legs slightly dangling out.

 

“Do you want to say something, or do you just plan to continue with this?”

 

Jungkook stopped, looking up at him startled, and then nervous, as Jimin watched the others mouth gape open, then close again, as the other prepared an answer.

 

“Sorry”

 

It was short, but more than Jimin had expected from the other, - but even then, he could only hum back something that may equal to an acceptance to the others ears, because he couldn’t bring himself to lie out loud. There was no way he could forgive the other just like that, or even more, trust Jungkook. Although Jungkooks acts may have been justified, they were still evil in his eyes.

 

== Jungkook

He could feel quilt riding up his whole body, and he didn’t know where to put himself. There was just so much space in this cell, and just so much he could do within it, and on top of it all, Jimin was sitting up there high like some sort of a hawk, - watching over the room, to the point where he felt like there was nowhere he could hide from the others watch.

 

He knew he had to say something, but his mind was so full and yet so blind of words. There were many excuses he could use, and in fact, there was still a little part of him that doubted Jimins innocence, or even the relation that Jimins brother had to the murder of his father. Who was to say that the others brother had no part to play in it all?

 

“Do you want to say something, or do you just plan to continue with this?”

 

The others words snapped him back to present, as he looked up, wanting to say something, but the only thing that came to his mind was, -

 

“Sorry”

 

He heard Jimin hum back as a reply, that sounded like something of an acknowledgement of his apology, but Jungkook knew better. There was no way the other meant it.

 

He walked over to his bed, and consumed the same position as the other, though his legs were resting on the floor.

 

“A lie” Jungkook deducted out loud finally, “No need for it. I’m not expecting us to be jolly in here, after everything…” he cleared his throat, “Want to punch me?”

 

“Would you let me if I did?” The others tone had a hint of playfulness, although it seemed quite serious.

 

“Not really” he felt himself smile like an idiot.

 

                                                                                   AUTHOR's NOTES                                                                                 

I have no words for this... *fades into the background*

 

I'm so sorry!!!

*continues to fade into the background*