Nine

Adore U

I’m pretty sure when I say; it’s not pleasant in the least to anyone to get a call at 3am.

Even worse when is it from your ex-lover.

Hearing Youngji’s voice over the phone, soft and a little cracked, wasn’t making any good to my puffy brain complaining about the lack of sleep, pushing buttons I didn’t intend to deal with at that hour…

“Jackson?” She called my name again to gain my attention, almost like a whisper.

I didn’t even have the strength to exclaim to her to leave me alone or end the call. She sounded pained and despite all the hurt she gave me, I couldn’t ignore her suffering, however how much I want. She was a one of the dearest persons in my life, she was.

I really didn’t want to deal with this right now; my mind was already mortified with Sinb’s runaway of the set earlier that day. I shake my head with frustration when I heard a whimper coming from Youngji in the other end of the line.

“What’s wrong, Youngji? Why are you crying?” I asked very slowly.

“I miss you…” She sobbed and I flinched in response, my mind running a mile a minute, and my chest constricting slowly with every sharp breath she let out.  I really can’t deal with this, not now, not tomorrow or ever. I really want to move on, to stop feeling hurt every time a memory of her flashed in my mind; I really want to get over her.

I already have someone else in my mind and heart.

But reality is other and here I was at 3am trying to comfort my ex-lover, when she couldn’t stop her sobs over the phone.

“Youngji…” I whispered, exhaustion evident in my voice “Don’t cry, please, calm down”

“I’m sorry Jackson, I’m so sorry…” She repeated over and over again until I lost count. I rubbed my eyes trying to slap the sleep out of them and proceeded to use the most comforting tone I could manage to calm her down.

“Don’t cry, you know I hate hearing you cry, you should go to sleep, Youngji” I sat down in the edge of my bed, talking as lowly as I could to not wake my members up.

“Jackson, I want to see you, please Jackson…” She pleaded through her sobs and at that point I really wanted to hit my head against a wall and pass out right there.

“Youngji, don’t make this harder than it is, please… Just get over me, look for somebody else, I’m too tired and hurt for this” With each word I let out, I could feel how her sobs where increasing and how she pleaded even more, stumbling in her words.

“No, no, no, Jackson, I beg you just one last time, let me see you one last time, and I promise, I promise I wouldn’t bother you more just please…”

Just one last time, that’s all she was asking for. You could tell it was nothing and that it was better to end things that way and part ways after, however I didn’t feel sure about this, I have a strange feeling about all this, I could felt it in my guts. It’s like something bad will happen if I agree with this…

“Jackson?” Her voice got me out of my trail of thoughts and I behave a long sigh, trying in the process to collect my thoughts and reply her.

“Fine, one last time and this is over, ok?” I said with a serious tone, my eyebrows coming together in a deep frown. Did I just agree with this? Just awesome, Jackson…

Giggles confirmed my question, Youngji started to make cute sounds and laugh in joy, while I was feeling more and more miserable… How quickly she changed her mood, hm… I thought sarcastically and rolled my eyes unconsciously.

“So, tomorrow at 4pm, you are free, right?” She sounded so happy that it did not look like she was crying a few minutes ago. I groaned, wanting badly to reply that I wasn’t free but…

“Yeah…” What a fail.

“Good! Let’s meet at the café we always went” I could feel her smile through the phone.

“Fine” I replied shortly, sleep taking over my eyelids.

Youngji giggled and wished me a good night; I just mumbled a yes and ended the call, letting myself lie on the bed and closing my eyes hoping that tomorrow wouldn’t come yet…

“Tomorrow is going to be a hard day…” I said slowly to myself.

Before succumbing to Morpheus, my last thought was about a beautiful girl that has stolen my heart completely without me realizing it.

SinB…

A vast green plain with colorful, beautiful flowers was before my eyes. The sun was high up in the clear sky, bathing with its luminous rays the landscape. It was only the sun, the sky, the flowers and me. I inhaled the fresh air filling my lungs with it and smiled at the peacefulness I felt, looking at one sunflower that was in front of me. It was like nothing wrong could happen in this place. It was like a dream.

“What if I tell you this is not a dream?” A strangely familiar voice said behind me suddenly, reading my mind, giving me chills all over my body in the process. I jumped a little in surprise and turned quickly to see who it was with my heart thumbing simultaneously. I thought I was alone here…

My eyes widened in pure surprise when I recognized the person in front of me. It can’t be… This seems more like a dream now

He was giving me one of the sweetest smiles I have seen in all my life, his gaze expressed that he was amused with my reaction but at the same time it was filled with so much affection, it made me feel all giddy inside; but I probably looked like an idiot. His clothes were all white like the dress I was wearing. I stared at him in awe, still not believing that he was there, just a meter away from me, just the sun, the sky, the flowers and the two of us. Us.

In the blink of an eye he was a few centimeters away from me, looking intensively at me, the smile still plastered in his handsome face. I couldn’t utter a single word or made any sound, I was in a kind of trance that suddenly was broke by one of his hands looking for mine and intertwining our fingers very slowly. I was holding my breath the whole time and let it out the exact moment he said.

“Eunbi, you look beautiful as always”

I wanted to explode right there and then. But controlled myself and simply called for his name.

“Jackson”

“Yes?” He replied in a heartbeat, his voice was strong but gentle, his eyes giving me a loving gaze making my heart race even more if that was possible.

“Tell me this is not a dream, Jackson. Tell me this is real…” I was looking right at his eyes, pleading in my mind that this would never end.

“This is whatever you wish it is, Eunbi” Jackson squeezed my hand while saying this. I looked down at our intertwined hands with a big smile then at him and said.

“I wish this is real, I wish to have you in front of me like this” Unconsciously I let go of his hand and embraced him gently in my arms, inhaling his essence, feeling his beating heart against mine “I wish to have you in my arms like this…” I closed my eyes, feeling how he hugged me tightly, a bit of sadness bracing me slowly.

“Eunbi…” He whispered against my ear “If that what you wish, then I assured you that is going to be like that” I felt his smile while he talked and that made me smile too, hugging him more tight.

“Don’t let go, Jackson… Don’t” All of a sudden I was feeling a tremendous desire to cry, my chest constricting with each passing second.

“It’s time to wake up, Eunbi”

“No, Jackson, please, don’t let me go”

“It’s time to wake up…”

 

No!

 

 “Eunbi”

 

No!

 

“Eunbi!”

 

Jackson…

 

 

“Hwang Eunbi!”

“Jackson!” I shouted loudly while sitting rapidly, trying to catch my breath. I blinked many times, trying to grasp what just had happened.

“Eunbi?” I drifted my gaze towards a bright red hair. It was Minhyuk. He had a worried expression in his features. I looked around and realized that I was at my dorm living room, in the sofa and not in the vast green plain with flowers, the sun, the sky and Jackson. It was all just a dream…

I stared a Minhyuk for a very long time, feeling my eyes burn with the upcoming tears, and the cold enveloping my body silently. I hugged myself and lower my gaze.

“Eunbi… Do you feel alright?” Minhyuk’s voice was a thin sound through the whole living room, making me feel worse.

At his question I just shake my head and said.

“No” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! Long long time no see, isn't? ^^; I'm such a bad author, I let this fic for so long! ;;;; I'm very sorry, guys, really. But I was having a severe writer's block but finally here we are! I tried my best really and well, I got a little inspired with the interactions between Jackson and Sinb at the Gayo Daeju with the collaboration! That was amazing, I was so shook and happy :') I love their chemistry for real <3 I will try to update as soon as possible, thanks for your support, it means so so much to me, love y'all! See ya in the next chapter! 

~Mashu-chan