Eight

Adore U

“Jackson wait, wait!”

The calls of Jooheon were more like a buzz in my confused head. I just wanted to be alone for a while, but he was worried I could tell best, even Hani noona was stubborn as ever, calling my name with a worried tone, and I couldn’t blame them, I would be like that too if they were in my shoes.

I slowed down my march a bit, looking for a waiting room, to have some air, cool down my head, and calm down my two friends. With one gaze I spotted the waiting room and signaled them to come with me, they looked at each other and then nodded at me.

Once inside I plopped down in one of the soft couch and I let out a long sigh. Jooheon and Hani sat down in the couch in front of me, looking at me with worried eyes, waiting for me to say something, anything.  

I closed my eyes for a moment, trying to collect my thoughts which ended in the person who have me so hooked to her. I couldn’t stop replaying her expression over and over again in my mind, and it really hurt me a lot, it was like a knife was stabbing my chest with every flash of her sad eyes. I was so worried about Sinb… What if she got lost? What if she was in danger? What if she was truly hurt? What if…

“Jackson?” Hani’s soft voice took me away from my stupor. I snapped my head at them and they looked a bit surprised to see my face. I raised an eyebrow slowly, not getting why they had those expressions on their features.

“Jackson, are you ok…?” Jooheon asked disconcerted.

“Well, not really and you know it… But why are you looking at me like that?” I replied with a dull tone, and then asked with the same confusing face. Hani suddenly stood from her spot on the couch and kneeled in front of me. I was more than confused now, what’s wrong?

“Hani noona?”

And then, I got it as I felt my wet cheeks.

“Why are you crying, Jackson?” She asked with a slightly mocking tone, trying to light up a little the ambient, Jooheon smirking subtly at her statement. Her thumb was drying my tears, that fallen without me realizing. I tried to smile but failed in the process, just thinking about what had happened with Youngji and now with Sinb, it didn’t help my humor at all. 

“I…” I didn’t know what to said, so I just let everything sink down and let out everything, silently, along with the salty tears that blurred my vision. Jooheon sat by my side and proceeded to pat my back with comfort.

“It’s ok to cry sometimes, Jackson…”

You know, it’s not pleasant at all to see one of your best friends broke down in a mess of tears and sobs in your arms, less when you don’t have any idea of why she is like that, and when you don’t know what to do about it either.

I felt so impotent.

I sighed at the view of Eunbi lying in one of the couch of the living room, looking so vulnerable and drained out, her face showing from time to time, expressions of struggle and discomfort. I wanted to wake her up from her unpleasant thoughts and dreams but she needed the rest and I needed some time to get to the point of the problem.

I caressed Eunbi’s hair with affection and started to think deeply. Seeking for the cause of pain of my friend.

Rumors? Malicious comments on Internet? Family problems? Personal problems?

Or it might be…

“Yuna” A masculine voice called my name near my ear, making me jump out of my skin and almost letting out a scream. I was thinking so hard I forgot he was there…

“Minhyuk!” I exclaimed in a shushed tone, giving him a disapproving gaze “You almost gave me a heart attack! Remember Eunbi is sleeping… “I whispered near his face, casting a quick glance at Eunbi, to emphasize my point.

Minhyuk let out a low chuckle at my face and just said “Cute”

I puffed my cheeks in fake annoyance “Stop calling me cute…”

“What about a no?” He took one of my cheeks and pulled at it, an amused smile in his thin lips.

“Ah, you are really something” I laughed a bit, I couldn’t help it.

I know, you are wondering who is Minhyuk to me, right? Well, Lee Minhyuk of BTOB is my boyfriend.

Yep, as you heard. We have around 5 months dating and it had been the best five months of my life.

But that’s not the case right now; he interrupted my search of the problem.

“Why did you do that? I was trying to think about what happened to Eunbi” I explained to him, looking at Eunbi with concern next.

“Well, you were so immersed in your thoughts that you didn’t realized you were walking in circles around the couch, silly” Minhyuk said quietly with amusement in his voice. I looked at his eyes embarrassed and let out an ‘oh’ of realization.

Minhyuk just shook his head with a fond smiled, ruffled my hair and asked me with a more serious tone “Do you think she is going to be ok?”

I passed my eyes to Eunbi’s figure and nodded slowly but securely.

“Yeah, Eunbi is a strong girl… But I really want to know what happened to her. She is not that easy to break” I said gently while crossing my arms.

“I know… What do you think it was?” Minhyuk asked, circling me from the back slowly with his arms.

“I’m not sure to be honest… But I was thinking it might be because of…” I trailed off, hesitating to say it out loud. No one besides the girls and me knew Eunbi’not-so-big secret crush on a certain hyperactive blond. It’s not that I didn’t trust Minhyuk, but you know, girls things.  

But I decided to tell him; maybe he can help us with all of this. He is a man after all.

“Because of…?”

“Jackson Wang…”

To say Minhyuk was surprised was an understatement.

Only one thing was occupying my thoughts that moment.

What was that?

I was prepared for the possible rejection and coldness from Jackson. I knew he wasn’t going to treat me the same way as before, the same way I was yearning so much, so desperately since that moment I made that mistake, and led my way out of his life. I was more than determined to win his heart again and have his entire forgiveness. I was confident until…

Until I saw his shocked expression, and heard the exclamation of that name piercing painfully through my ears, and not because of the loud tone used by him…

“SINB!”

I was in utter shock; I couldn’t process what had just happened.

Why Jackson did called her name like that?

Why Jackson looked so hurt?

Was because of her?

Why he looked like he wanted to dash out after her?

Does that mean…?

Those were the many questions that were flowing through my head until I got it.

I have seen that expression before. I have seen those eyes like that before. That longing stare, that worried expression, those eyes…

With me.

I was sure my expression hardened instantly. I couldn’t hold the anger rising from my chest. I couldn’t accept it. I just couldn’t.  

It couldn’t be… This is not good at all.

I wasn’t expecting anything to interfered on my plan of gaining Jackson’s heart back but I guess it couldn’t so easy, right?

I tried to look with my eyes at any sign of Jackson, Heechul, Hani, even Sinb… But I didn’t get any of that.

I need to confirm that with someone…

But I guess that would be later. Now I have to think how to take someone out of the way, just to prevent.

Completely out of the way. 

 

 

 

 

Hellooooo! Long time no see! Chapter Eight here! Aahahaha I'm so sorry guys, what a late update...;; But well, it's finally here! I hope you like it n.n Thank you so much for everything, it means a lot to me! :') If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments, they are always welcome n.n Tell me what do you think about this chapter! Am I making the characters a little OC? ;; I need to know really. Also, do you want any other pairings? 7u7 

Hope to see you soon xD Enjoy~ 

~Mashu-chan