07. Renjun

Chewing Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  ​  ​

07. Renjun

Love can be found anywhere, at any time in any place. It’s mysterious, it’s exciting, yet it’s confusing when it’s thought too deeply. Even without spending so much time with one another, love can blossom. Even if the interactions are short, love can flower.

Renjun took the same root home every afternoon. Whether he was early to go home or even if it was late at night, the boy would always walk the same road every time.

All just to meet the girl next door.

Quite similar in a way yet very different, Renjun had always wanted to be friends with her. Not that it was out of pity, or out of any other reasons that would potentially harm the other party if it were to be spoken. It was because every time he would talk to her, he felt as if all the stress and the entire problems in his life were lifted from his shoulders.

It wasn’t the fact that Renjun had a horrible life, or even remotely close to having those types of issues, but every teenage boy – heck, every teenager – faces stress when it comes to school and doing what you love the most.

He went the same way today, hoping that she was working today. She worked at the convenience store in their neighborhood, a convenience store that Renjun didn’t even think of going to until he entered High School.

He skipped towards the door of the store and twirled his way around the shelves, finding his way to his usual section. Then, in a swift movement he clutched the product he wanted to buy and whirled all the way to the counter with a bright smile.

Renjun placed his items on the counter, giving the cashier an enormous smile, showing his snaggletooth. The girl looked up and shook her head, grinning at his stupidity.

She paused, and ogled at the items in front of her. She looked up and eyed Renjun, scoffing a little. “Two ramen and… gum, again?”

He shrugged. “It helps me concentrate.”

She giggled, “Of course it does.”

As she finished up with his food, Renjun took the gum and one of the ramen.

He smiled. “Yerim, let’s eat!”

***

The weather was never a bother for the two of them. It was like faith, because every time it looked as if it was about to storm or rain, it never would when they stepped outside of the store.

They sat at the table furthest from the street as they didn’t want their conversation to get interrupted by cars or motorcycles.

“How’s Chenle settling in?” she asked him.

Renjun gulped down his ramen. “There’s this girl, Jangmi, which he’s really interested in.”

Yerim chocked, and then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter