04. Jeno

Chewing Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ​   

04. Jeno

 

They say it’s hard to be in love. The pain of breakups and rejects, and unrequited love is the worse of them all. To be able to give someone your all, to make them your everything only to find out that you’re their nothing, is the most heartbreaking experience anyone could encounter.

Jeno’s never experience this thing called unrequited love, but of course, many of the girls in his grade has – mostly because of him. There isn’t anyone who hasn’t had the slightest crush on the class president. And sadly, without being cocky or arrogant, he knew that. But he was human being, too, with feelings and all the squishy stuff inside their bodies. It was always impossible for him to let them down, but it was impossible for him to say yes to any of them. After all, he never actually liked-liked anyone in his life before.

Then there was Hyejin.

On the outside, she appeared as the type of girl to not give a damn. On the outside, she seemed like the girl who would never fall in love with someone like Jeno. On the outside, she looked like the girl who wouldn’t fall in love period. She wasn’t the type to fall in love with anyone that easily, heck she wasn’t the type to even fall in love. Everyone thought that. But it wasn’t the fact that she was a cold, heatless ice queen, it was the fact that she was never the one to let people take advantage of her.

Some call her a demiromantic. Someone who can’t fall in love with someone unless they’ve developed an emotional connection beforehand. She, also, likes to label herself as a demiromantic, but she knows that what she feels isn’t as strong to be called that.

Now Hyejin… Hyejin was a newly found troublemaker.

Not a troublemaker like Seul, Jaemin, Donghyuk and Soojin. No, no, not even close. The quartet play pranks and love the attention they receive afterwards. Hyejin was just one of those people who refused to go along with the status quo, and therefore ends up not listening in class sometimes and even not completely her assignments most times.

So in conclusion. Jeno and Hyejin were complete opposites.

***

Not too long ago, Jeno had come back from the detention room after dealing with the rowdy bunch and their hate for community service. He thought to tell Mark about the situation, but felt that the poor, clueless boy would have an outburst. After all, it was Mark. The boy who says he’s capable at everything, yet doesn’t know anything.

It was afternoon classes and he ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter