05. Mark

Chewing Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   ​

05. Mark

 

By the time a girl or boy would reach a certain age, they would’ve already been in love once. Whether they felt this feeling when they were toddlers or even as young adults, everyone has experienced it in their lives. And as for Mark, he would be classed in the section that hasn’t fallen in love yet at 17.

It was 5 minutes into the last session of the day. The part where every student had to partake in cleaning the school. And although the boy was clueless, he was absolutely fully capable of cleaning the hallways. Absolutely.

Mark took pride in whatever he did and would always do it diligently. He was one of those types of people in this world, the type to always do their best not matter what happened or what they were doing. And he never cared about anyone else around him. He never cared about what they thought of him.

Well, after all, he had to deal with his 6 children – who appreciated him a lot – but choose not to not show him from time. Because, once again, he was the type of person who was always easy to make fun of.

Mark smashed the cleaning cloth into the bucket of water, making little drops of liquid puddle around the bucket. With all his might, he then gripped the cloth tightly and squeezed it. Satisfied with work, he grinned before slapping the wet cloth on the window and scrubbed the window with such diligence.

He stood out more than the rest. While they looked as if their life was over, Mark couldn’t be any happier.

From over his shoulder, a girl chirped. “Hiya Mark!”

Unfazed by the girl, he replied with a simple, “Hello,” before continuing his work.

The girl pouted then crossed her arms before following him. While he kept moving to window to window, oblivious to the fact that the girl was behind him, she took little steps following his movements.

With her right hand behind her back, she poked Mark on the shoulder with her left hand. “Yah, Mark, you do realize it’s not your day to clean… right?” she asked.

Blinking, he stopped wiping the windows before he tilted his head to the side in confusion.

“It’s not?” he asked.

The girl chuckled. “No, it’s not.”

Finally realizing his mistake, his hands slowly slid down from the window and to his side. He scrunched his face before blinking once again. “I thought it was though…” he said. The looking at the girl, Mark added, “What about you, Nayoung?”

She sweetly smiled before she told her little lie. “Me? I was just getting ready to leave.”

“Huh? But isn’t it an half an hour in?” he asked.

Startled, she gulped before she stuttered with a nervous laugh, “Y-you know me. A-always likes to take my time.”

Mark nodded his head, trying his hardest to understand her. But all he could think about was why anyone, especially someone like her, would ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter