03. Donghyuk

Chewing Gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

03. Donghyuk

Donghyuk, Jaemin and Seul stood by the corner of the lockers that were directly in front of the principal’s office. Seul was on the bottom, becoming squished by Jaemin who was about to fall due to Donghyuk over ruling the two. Despite their tight situation, the trio were all giddy on the inside just waiting to see their plan unfold.

Then suddenly, Donghyuk feels a slight pat on his back. He turned around to be greeted with a punch to the face and a highly angry Soojin. The girl had both hands on her hips and her left foot tapping against the floor. She wasn’t alone, behind her stood the new girl everybody raved about: Im Jakyung.

“You didn’t know where I was, huh?” she said through gritted teeth.

She gripped a chunk of Donghyuk’s hair and pulled him close to her. “Yah! Did you know how long I waited?!” she screamed.

“O-ow! Okay, sorry. Now let go!” he replied.

“Yeah right, like I’m going to let go of this piece of crap.”

As usual, Donghyuk decided – before he had met up with Seul and Jaemin – to play a little trick on Soojin. And as for the poor girl, she had no idea why she went along with his shenanigans. Well, after all, he did mention Seul’s name in the equation, so she automatically believed that what he was saying was close to true.

He had told her that they were going to meet up at the court yard. And believing what he said wasn’t a lie, she brought Jakyung along so she could experience what SM High was really all about.

Seul decided to join the fight, seeing how Donghyuk completely lied about not knowing where her best friend was. She leaped from the ground, bumping Jaemin on the chin with her head, and gripped the other side of Donghyuk’s head.

“You’re dead now, Kim Donghyuk!” Seul shouted.

On the floor, Jaemin rolled around holding his chin in pain. He ignored the fight going on between Donghyuk, Seul and Soojin, and only focused on his poor, innocent chin.

As for Seul, she was a bit too busy to see her childhood friend get hurt by her own head. Rashly, she thought of a way to make Donghyuk’s day worse. She smirked and she nodded her head behind Soojin. “Oh, hello Jakyung,” she said with an evil grin.

Donghyuk’s face ultimately fell as his embarrassment rose all the way to the tip of his head. There was nobody in the entire school that didn’t know anything about Donghyuk’s crush on the new girl. Even she herself knew about it – and wasn’t too fond of it either.

“NO!” he screamed, creating the most dramatic face he ever could, “LOOK AWAY! LOOK AWAY!”

Jakyung backed away from the fight and scooted over to Jaemin. She asked him if he was okay and sat down with him trying to help him with his chin problem.

Over on Jaemin’s side, he was slightly hoping for Seul to notice. He knew that when she goes into ‘Oh Seul-mode’ that she completely ignores everyone but the person she’s fighting with. But the boy still hoped she loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter