Chapter 5

Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Ryeowook munched off his toast deliciously. He is alone this morning since Heechul is out for a meeting about his new novel at the publication company. It seems that there’s no holiday for the publication company. It’s Sunday for God sake.

Finished with his toast, Ryeowook sipped the coffee slowly, trying to enjoy the salty taste of it. “Ahhh...it’s salty.” He said, smiling.

“Salty?!” He then realized the real situation, which is now affecting his poor mouth. “Urrrrrggghhh! It’s freaking salty!!!” He fanned himself, ran his fastest towards the sink to quickly rinse his mouth. “Uuuweeekkk! Damn Heechul!” He coughed out.

He closed the water tap, and reached for a glass. Closing in to the fridge, his steps were stumbled upon the bell from the front door. Ryeowook put down the glass; his feet immediately marched to the front door, thinking that Heechul is too quick with his meeting. Opened the door, his face changed when he sees Leeteuk is by the door with his hands tucked into his jacket’s pockets.

“Leeteuk...” Ryeowook trailed off. He replied the smile of the older man as he moved to the side; giving the latter a space to step in.

“Pardon the intrusion.” Leeteuk said as he stepped in. He looked around and feels the weird and calming scenery inside the house. “Where’s Heechul?” He asked, noticing that there’s no sharp tongued words greeted him this time.

Ryeowook closed the door, walked off through the hall way, not bothering to wait for the latter. “He has a meeting.” He informed the latter.

Leeteuk followed him from behind once he got his shoes off. “It’s Sunday.” He claimed and Ryeowook shrugged as a reply.

Both of them reached the living room. Ryeowook turned towards the sitting Leeteuk as he reached for the remote. “Do you want a drink?” He asked, switching on the television.

Leeteuk shook his head. He now took the remote, and quickly switched off the television that was on for only mere seconds. He took a deep breath and looked straight towards the puzzled Ryeowook. “How are you doing?” He asked.

Ryeowook nodded as he took a seat at the couch too. “I’m good.” Ryeowook answered; simple. He lowered his head, looking at his lap; remembering how he raised his voice at the latter a few days ago. “Urrmm... Leeteuk...” Leeteuk stayed still, not even blinking away from the younger man. “I want to say that I’m sorry.”

Leeteuk raised his eyebrows; feeling weird. “For...?”

Ryeowook sighed. His fingers started to play with each others as his eyes are shut tight. “For the other day.” Ryeowook looked up. “When I yelled at you.” He said, biting his lip in guilt.

Remembering the scene, Leeteuk laughed; a small one. He shook his head, feeling unnecessary over Ryeowook’s apology. “It’s not a big deal. There’s no need for you to be sorry.”

“But...”

“Shhhhh...” Leeteuk cut him off. “It’s okay Ryeowook. And I’m not here for that.”

Ryeowook titled his head. “Then...what are you here for? Heechul?” He asked.

Leeteuk shook his head. He sighed as he stood up and went for the couch that Ryeowook is sitting on. He slowly took a seat while watched by the latter. “It’s for you.”

“For me?” Ryeowook flabbergasted, pointing at himself. “Me?”

Leeteuk nodded. “I heard about your 80 million debts...?”

Ryeowook sighed. Now, his mind circulated back to Kyuhyun just when he almost forgets the guy. “I will work it out myself.” He said, knowing well Leeteuk’s intention.

Leeteuk smiled. “Can you?”

Ryeowook immediately shifted his gaze towards the man next to him. “What do you mean? You think I can’t?”

Leeteuk shook his head. “No no no. I didn’t mean it like that. But...”

“I can handle it. Even until I’m 100 years old, I will pay them. Every penny of them.” He firmed; repeating Kyuhyun’s words of every penny that he has planted on his brain.

“I can help you.” Leeteuk determined. “Let me help you.”

Ryeowook shook his head; flailing his hands as a no. “I can handle it. It’s okay Leeteuk.”

Leeteuk held the small shoulder. He forced the body to face him as his gaze penetrated the brown eyes of Ryeowook. “Let me help you, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook sighed. “It’s okay, Leeteuk.” He said, trying to get both of the hands on his shoulder off but instead, the grips are tightened. “I will figure it out myself. Even Heechul said, he will stay out of it.”

Leeteuk’s face changed. “What’s wrong with you?” He suddenly asked, with his voice turned deeper.

Ryeowook blinked; a bit shocked. “There’s nothing wrong with me.” His hands are still trying to get the other’s hands off.

“It’s not that I don’t want to help you. But you, why don’t you allow me?” Leeteuk questioned.

Ryeowook’s brows scrunched; agitated. “You can help me. But not on this mattter.” His hands started to tremble as they tried to pry off the hands on his shoulder. “Leeteuk, let go of me.”

“Why? Don’t you know that I care about you?” Leeteuk leaned forward. As he did so, Ryeowook was forced to lean backward, trying to get some space from Leeteuk that started to scare him.

“Leeteuk, please, let go of me.” He tried again. However, being bigger and definately taller than him, Leeteuk is obviously stronger than him.

As for Leeteuk, his mind was stained but Kyuhyun’s poisonous words, trying to prove him that he truly does love the younger man in front of him. All he can hear is the president’s voice; echoing in every inch of his mind. “I love you. Do you know that?”

Ryeowook felt anxious. He tried to push the nearing Leeteuk but the force that the latter’s applied caused him to fell flat onto the couch with Leeteuk hovering over him. His hands are up as a defence; trying to push away the man that sent chills to his spine. “Leeteuk, please...”

“I was missing you like crazy but you were happy when you sent me off. Even though you knew it, I love you!” Leeteuk yelled. His eyes are wide open, feeling frustrated by Ryeowook’s unwillingness.

“Leeteuk...” Ryeowook pushed him hard but it is just proven to be a vain.

“Why can’t I help you?! Why?! Why?!”

“Leeteuk!!!” Ryeowook screamed loud, shaking the body of the man above him. “Please let me go!!!” He cried.

Snapped from his angered emotion, Leeteuk gasped as he sees Ryeowook’s panicked face. He released the shoulder immediately, getting up from the couch as soon as possible.

Ryeowook sighed in relief, feeling his beating heart almost burned with fear. He tried to stablize his breathing, hitching as he did so. He sat up, looking down while his trembling hand is rubbing his chest.

Leeteuk looked at the latter, sighed and slapped himself on the forehead for his dumb act. His mouth moved to apologize but his shame didn’t allow him to do so. Without leaving any word, Leeteuk quickly left the house, the front door clicked close when Ryeowook shut his eyes and planted his face in between his knees.

“What the heck....” He cried.

 

 

Kyuhyun climbed down the stairs. From far he can smell the sweetness of pancakes prepared by Mr. Han. He strolled down to the kitchen and quickly greeted by the back of Mr. Han with his hand flipping the pancake. Kyuhyun cleared his throat and took a sit on the stool by the kitchen counter.

Mr. Han heard the latter, immediately turned around to bow with his hand holding the spatula. “Good morning young master.” He greeted with a smile.

Kyuhyun nodded. “Good morning Uncle Han.”

Mr. Han put down the spatula and laid the last pancake into the plate where he then carried it carefully, placing it onto the kitchen counter. Kyuhyun looked at the pancake tower and glanced at Mr. Han; bewildered. “That’s alot.”

Mr. Han smiled. “You like pancakes. Young master, will you have it at the dining table? I will bring it to you.”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I’m eating here.” He decided.

Due to that, Mr. Han quickly prepared the plate and the cutleries. Kyuhyun quickly picked up the spoon and fork; not wasting any time to pick up the pancake and pour the caramel onto the hot delicious piece. He fastened his hands, cutting the pancake and putting it into his mouth; excited.

Mr. Han watched diligently, feeling contented by the excitement showed by the young master. Even though the latter did try his best, not to show the excitement he felt but it’s too obvious to be hidden from him.

“Young master.” Mr. Han called.

Kyuhyun, who is focusing on his plate, not even bothering to look up when he responded. “Errmm?”

“About the 10th anniversary...” Mr. Han trailed off.

Kyuhyun sensed the sympathy but he decided to just wave it off. He put down the cutleries and nodded. “It’s tomorrow right?”

Mr. Han nodded. Tomorrow mark the10th death anniversary of the master and madam. It has been ten years since that day when their private jet crushed at the Mountain of Dolomiti on their way to Paris. The plane crushed and exploded, burned down to ashes leaving no remains of life. The only thing that was found is a ring which belongs to the madam.

Kyuhyun was 14 when he was told of the news by his first uncle once he reached home from school. He can’t even cry when he kneeled down to the ground on his parents’ funeral. No remnant was found but his uncle insisted to prepare a grave as to remember the lost. And even up to this day, he didn’t cry.

“Prepare the usual. We’re going there before we head to the office.” Kyuhyun said; nonchalant. His voice was restarained, but he refused to lose the battle with himself. He picked up the cutleries, again trying his best to enjoy his favourite or his mother’s favourite, the pancake.

 

 

Mr. Han opened the door, allowing the young president to step out of the car. Kyuhyun was quiet along the ride, not that he is talkactive but today, he just stared out of the window without any expression latched on his face. Mr. Han didn’t find any of that weird at all, especially after their visit to the empty graves. Still, Kyuhyun wants to think, to imagine that his parents are lying there, together for eternity.

The executives followed him as usual, and Kyuhyun didn’t bother to look around, but his face changed when his eyes caught the presence of Leeteuk, walking towards the spinning door.

Leeteuk, who noticed the president behind him, stepped bakward from the door, giving in to the president. His face is stern, not even trying to look at the president that he has considered as a conceited bastard on their last talk.

Kyuhyun decided to pass throgh like nothing has happened, earning bows from other employees as he passed to the lift. Reached the exact floor, greeted by the receptionist as usual, he walked in fast pace while the focusing workers all stood up to greet him. His look was concentrated to his front until he suddenly stopped in his track without any warning. Due to that, the executives behind him almost stumbled and questioned his sudden act.

Kyuhyun ignored the questions. His eyes trailed to the right section; 15 meters away from him. The door is closed and the roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter