Chapter 3

Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Wooaaaahhh... it is done!” Gi Woong yelled out in joy that the draft for the whole proposal was finished and now all it needs is a last touch from the project leader. The team has been struggling for days because of Kyuhyun’s strict supervision. It is not that they can’t do it well but the latter’s present in every meeting they held gave them quite a pressure.

Ryeowook chuckled. “I will bring it to Mr. President to be checked and then I will finalise it tomorrow. We can finish this in no time.”

All of them nodded. Yuri, who is closing her laptop; smiled and sighed in relief. She looked at Ryeowook’s face, thinking that this one man could be her permanent boss this time. Before Ryeowook, there have been twelve architects that she served and every each of them was fired by Kyuhyun. For a first timer, their work was in a mess and unregulated, but not this time. Ryeowook doesn’t seem serious; he can easily feel distracted and bored but the latter take his work as his priority when he needs to. “So, we should go to lunch together, now.” She said, rubbing her growling stomach.

Lina nodded. “Yeah, right now. I feel like a hungry homeless already.” She said, standing up. She looked at Gi Woong, raising her eyebrows.

“No no no. You pay for it.” Gi Woong sensed the danger; his pocket felt hot in a sudden brief of moment. “I’ve got a lot to pay!” He said, ignoring Lina’s puppy eyes.

Ryeowook smiled. “I will pay. But all of you just head down first. I will come once I have met Mr. President.”

His team members nodded. All of them cheered for their project leader’s generosity.

 

 

“Come in.” Kyuhyun’s voice sounded clear from behind the door. As usual Ryeowook slowly opened the door; as he has been told by Mr. Han that the president hate hastiness. He was not shocked by that information though but still, it seems to him that Kyuhyun just hate everything.

“Mr. President.” Ryeowook bowed. He looked up just to see that the latter ignored him, busying himself with a bunch of papers on his desk. Ryeowook jeered and keep reminding himself that he needs to get use of Kyuhyun lack of appreciation.

“Sit.” Kyuhyun said, slow but clear enough to Ryeowook. Ryeowook quickly took a seat and placed the file that he has been holding in front of Kyuhyun. Looking at the sudden intrusion of yellow file into his sight, Kyuhyun looked up and found the grinning ryeowook. “This is?”

“The finished draft for the Breston Group. We got it done and I need your attention for it before I can finalise it.” Ryeowook explained.

Kyuhyun opened the file and looked at Ryeowook that is still intensely stating at him. “What are you looking at?”

Ryeowook’s eyes widen; quickly tried to shift his look. “Hmmm nice weather.” He said, looking outside the window.

“It will be nicer if you get yourself out of my sight.” Kyuhyun said nonchalantly.

Ryeowook pouted. “Chhh...seriously...” The corner of Kyuhyun’s eyes moved. Ryeowook, who noticed that, quickly raised his hands and smiled his sweetest smile. “I’m out now. I’m getting lost from your precious sight. See you soon Mr. President.” He said, getting up.

“Have you had lunch?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked.

Ryeowook’s movement stopped for awhile. He was a bit shock of that 1% filled of concern question. “I’m going to. With the team.” He replied.

Kyuhyun cleared his throat. “Ahh...ok.”

“How about you join us?” Ryeowook invited. Don’t get him wrong, Kyuhyun still scares him sometimes but this is the first time they talked on something out of work.

“No. But maybe once this project is done, we can have a celebration lunch.” Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook smiled. Working with the president for almost more than a week, he is starting to understand him a bit. This man in front of him is not affectionate, even his voice is always monotone, no feeling latched. But, he can be warm if he wants to. “I would love that and I will take that as a promise.”

 

 

Desi walked with a big sigh. Upon arriving, she can see Yuri typing something into her computer. Not that she care about that. What she cares about is Ryeowook.

“Ms. Desi, may I help you?” Yuri, who is now standing, looked at her with a smile.

Desi cleared . “I’m here to meet Ryeowook. Is he in?”

Yuri nodded. “Yes, of course.” Yuri said. She quickly stepped closer to the door and knocked it. From the corner of her eyes, she managed to catch the nervous look on Desi’s face. Another nervous awakening?

Ryeowook’s voice invited them in. Yuri informed him of Desi’s visit and Ryeowook nodded. With a deep breath, Desi walked in, a smile curved on her lips.

Ryeowook who is busy with his undone final draft of the Breston, give a quick look and felt a bit relief over that smile. “I guess you are not angry anymore?” He took the initiative.

Desi took a sit. “I’m sorry.”

Ryeowook stopped his work. “There’s nothing to be sorry about. I understand.” He said sincerely. He really does understand. Being in this type of work, it seems like the work is always coming, getting piled up. Plus, being dropped off from a project just like; that is not really helping. Stress is killing everyone if he or she can’t manage it.

Desi smiled. “Thank you. But still I’m sorry. I don’t know why I did that. I shouldn’t have yelled at you. It’s not your fault.”

Ryeowook chuckled. “That’s what we call outburst. And I’m cool with it and even used to it. My brother is no different everytime his deadline is coming.”

Desi giggled. “Thank you Ryeowook. I was worried.”

Ryeowook shook his head. “There’s nothing to be worried about. Now, the most important thing is to get our work done. But, I really hope to be able to work with you again in the future.”

Desi nodded. “Of course, if you are willing to. Well...”

Suddenly, Ryeowook raised his hands in the air, making the senior architect to stop. He smiled as he rubs his stomach. “I need a toilet.” He said, a bit embarrassed.

Desi laughed. “You should be quick.” She said, still laughing.

Ryeowook pouted; a small one. “Just for awhile okay?” Ryeowook said, stepping to the door. “Just get Yuri to prepare a coffee or anything.”

Desi denied him. “Just go. Quickly.” She said, giggling.

Ryeowook threw her a peace sign before quickly ran to the toilet. Desi sighed. Her eyes diverted towards the computer, and smiled.

Waiting Ryeowook for more than five minutes Desi decided to just get to her room. On her way out, Yuri managed to give a usual smile she always had. Desi however is too occupied with her mind to notice, decided to just walk off to her room.

“She surely is weird.” Yuri whispered, feeling a mild goosebump all over her body.

 

 

“Geez.... what’s up with Heechul? PMS?” Leeteuk asked, slinging his arm over Ryeowook’s shoulder. Today, both of them managed to get to work on time and they are leisurely walking towards the building.

Ryeowook yawned, rubbing his sleepy eyes. He stayed up until 2 in the morning just to finalise everything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter