Chapter 2

Just A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Ahhhhh!!! Aaaahhh!! Ahhhh!!”

Ryeowook rested himself against the wall, watching the two idiots getting into a battle. Now, it looks like that Heechul is winning with his left hand ear twist. Leeteuk however tried to defend himself with his light taps to Heechul’s hand and all he got is the much more intense ear twist.

“Dimwit! ing idiot!” Heechul increased his attack with curses that Leeteuk couldn’t bother to hear.

“Heechul Heechul Heechul!” Leeteuk tried again with his light taps to the hand on his ear.

“You dare to hit me?!!” Heechul fumed with his other hand reached the other ear of Leeteuk.

“Aaaahhhh! No no no! I’m sorry I’m sorry! Heechul!” Leeteuk apologized with his hands trying to pry off Heechul’s.

Heechul glared, gave the latter his last ounce of energy twist before letting go and not forgetting a smack to Leeteuk’s forehead. His heavy breathing is starting to get steady when he quickly turned around just to leave Leeteuk groaning on his pain by the door.

Leeteuk hissed in pain, rubbing his red ears and forehead; the victims of abuse. He gave Ryeowook a look and the latter just shrugged. “You should have known that was coming.” Ryeowook said, giving him a smirk.

“God, I thought I had forgetten the taste of it but yeah, it is still fresh deep inside my mind. He has gotten stronger.” He replied, getting his shoes off.

Ryeowook chuckled. “I guess eight years are not enough for you to forget.”

Leeteuk smiled over the statement. Ryeowook is right. Eight years are not enough at all for him to forget anything. To forget him in particular.

Both of them walked in when Heechul is setting up the dining table with Kimchi soup that he has cooked just for Leeteuk. It is the latter’s favourite. Being at America for years, Heechul thought that Leeteuk must have been longing for Korean food. “Come and eat. Ryeowook, scoop the rice.” He said, his fuming look has gone and replaced with his usual good looking face.

“Woahhh! My favourite!” Leeteuk ran a bit towards the table, his hand quickly trying to reach for the soup when Heechul hit it. “Ouch.”

“Sit and wait for the rice. Since we have alot to dig in.” Heechul said.

“You cooked alot? Just for me?” Leeteuk asked as he sits and hold the chopsticks.

“I mean to dig in from you. It was eight years afterall.” Heechul said with a smile.

Leeteuk gulped, knowing well about the truth of the smile. He laughed awkwardly and Ryeowook just shook his head. These two will never have a peace day, ever in their entire life.

The rice was scooped and all of them are seated on their place. As the first mouthful nearing Leeteuk’s mouth, Heechul cleared his throat. “So, what happened?” He asked.

Leeteuk quickly filled in his mouth, and looked at Heechul; apologetic. “I went to america.” He answered simple.

“Do you think I’m a dumb that can’t read? I’m the one that purchased the ticket for you.” Heechul picked up a piece of meat into his bowl.

Leeteuk looked at Ryeowook who is eating merily; enjoying the tantrum that Heechul threw to him. “What?” Ryeowook asked, still smiling. “I can’t help and I wouldn’t. He paid for my food.” He continued.

Leeteuk sighed. “I reached America.” Even though in Heechul’s interrogation, his appetite still gets to him good. Heechul is a good cook.

“How sure are you? Why don’t you call home? You even changed your number? You don’t even think how worried sick I am?” Heechul preached his questions with mouth full of rice.

Leeteuk nodded; acknowledging the sudden preach. “What the heck are you nodding for? I’m asking here.” The latter scolded, putting a mushroom onto Leeteuk’s rice; his favourite vegetable.

Leeteuk smiled. “I reached safely and live safely and earned some money.”

“He was worried that your plane might have gone into Bermuda triangle or rectangle something.” Ryeowook butted in.

Heechul glared. “It is possible you know.”

Leeteuk perked up his eyebrows. “You know I went to America right? I don’t even pass the triangle. I shouldn’t right?”

“Do I look like a freaking world map? How would I know if you passed it or not? And don’t tell me I’m wrong, your plane might have passed it for shortcut or something.”

“A freaking shortcut at Bermuda.” Ryeowook said with a hint of joke.

Leeteuk chuckled. “I’m here now. That’s all that matter isn’t it?”

Heechul shook his head. “Why are you here now? Thought you earned some money?”

Leeteuk smiled. “I miss Korea.” He said, looking at Ryeowook that is busy digging up the soup, sitting opposite to him. Without a warning, a smack reached his forehead, quickly shifted his attention towards Heechul.

“The heck are you smiling for? I miss Korea? Can’t you figure out something else?” Heechul scorched.

Ryeowook smirked. “I have been thinking about that. It is quite a lame excuse.”

“I agree. As an author, I can’t think of him as my friend at all. This is not really an honor to me...”

Leeteuk smiled. Both Ryeowook and Heechul keep talking over his excuse and even laughed out loud at it. But deep inside he never thought that it was a lame excuse. He really does miss Korea. He does miss him; his laughs, his smiles, everything of him; Leeteuk miss them. And now, he will never take his eyes off that face anymore.

 

 

“Are we late? Are we? Are we?”

Both Ryeowook and Leeteuk ran into the Cho Group building, fixing their ties in the process. Leeteuk looked to his wrist and noticed that he forgot the watch.

“I don’t know, I forgot my watch.” He said, managed to pass through the spinning door.

Ryeowook gave a big sigh. “Geez...me too.”

This is all because of Heechul’s sudden request of midnight movie and they need to obey the latter. As a result, they woke up late and worked out a damn morning exercise like a school kid. They didn’t even manage to iron their shirts.

A bit running, Ryeowook’s case slipped from his hand. “, we are damn late.” Ryeowook cursed under his breath with his mind circulated towards his president. He bent down to reach the case as Leeteuk did the same.

“40 seconds.”

Both of them looked up and their face quickly drained. “Mr. President!” Quickly, they got up and bowed several times.

“36 seconds until you are too late to reach your table.” Kyuhyun said. The executives behind him all whispered and shook their head over the discipline of Leeteuk and Ryeowook.

“Ahhh! 36 seconds! Let’s go!” Ryeowook blurted out. He pulled Leeteuk with him, heading to the lift and still manages to bow to the president in the process. “Hold the lift!” He screamed upon noticing a lift was opened. However, the lift was closed just before they arrived and Ryeowook almost crashed to the door.

“Wahhh!” Ryeowook rubbed his chest. “Waaahhh!!! He closed it on purpose isn’t he?! He closed it on my face didn’t he?! You saw it didn’t you?!” he angered, with Leeteuk busy pressing another lift nearby.

“The heck are you?! Do you own the freaking lift?! Mr. Cho Kyu owns it! Damn you! I don’t even want to get in with you! Freaking coward! I have alot of another lifts waiting! I don’t even wanna ride this one! Leeteuk, press it quickly! Damn you!” Ryeowook cursed out loud in front of the closed lift, hoping that the rude man will hear him.

Walking to the VIP lift, Kyuhyun can hear all of the commotions made by Ryeowook. He can hear the whispers of people behind him and by the time Ryeowook and Leeteuk got into another lift, 30 seconds has left. And only he knows of the small and brief smile curved on his lips.

 

Ryeowook scrunched his eyebrows. The files in front of him are all the previous project design and material management. Going through each of them, he noticed how meticulous Cho Kyuhyun is. Every contract was signed by him, and the projects proposal, design and postmortem all filled up with his detailed corrections and notes. “So careful...”

A knock shocked him a bit but he quickly smiled seeing his secretary, Miss Jung by the door. The 30 years old woman came in with a tea cup. “Miss Jung...”

“Hey Mr. Kim. Busy?” She asked, putting the tea cup in front of her new boss.

Ryeowook sighed. “I’m done with the first batch. And what is there for me to be busy with? I’m not yet being put on any project. I guess you are bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter