Chapter 2- Escape and Promise

One Chance- (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let me out of here!!!" Ji Hye screams on top of her lungs. She is continuously slamming on the door that is tightly locked. Her hands are all red from the banging against the wooden door.

After hearing the shocking news from Kai, a guy she just met. That he will hold her hostage until they find her sister. It was like the sky came crashing down on her.

Why?

Why does it have to be her?

Ji Hye never done anything wrong to deserve to be in such situation. She has studied well, she helps abandoned animals, she looks out for homeless people and she was never rude to elders.

So why?

Why is she here being locked in a room where she doesn't know anyone?

She wants to get out of here and go back home where her parents are waiting for her.

How long will she stay here?

What will they do with her?

Even if Kai didn't show any threat to her yet, but there's no way she would trust him. He may look like a gentleman, but it could be just his outer mask. He is capable of kidnapping her, there's a great chance he can kill her too.

Ji Hye leans on the door hopelessly as she thinks about her dark future. She knows it's wrong, but she wants to blame everything on her sister. She hated the idea of how Ji Hyun is the reason she is here locked in a room. If Ji Hyun didn't own Kai anything, she wouldn't be here right now.

Suddenly someone softly knocks at the door.

"Miss, are you alright in there?" A soft voice asks on the other side.

Ji Hye assumes it's one of the maid, when she was moved into the new place. She saw many workers, including maids. Apparently she is staying in Kai's penthouse, well that is what she assumes.

Ji Hye clear her throats.

"Is Kai out there?"

"I'm sorry miss, but master is gone. He tells me to look after you and whatever you need."

Ji Hye thinks maybe this is her chance to escape. Kai is not here, which mean she can sneak out.

"Can you open the door for me then?"

"Unless you need anything, but master has strictly tell me not to open the door."

Damn it, he's a smart one Ji Hye thought.

Ji Hye scans around the room for anything way out, surprisingly there are no windows. Ji Hye needs to think of a last minute plan.

"Well I'm really bored in here and you know I don't want to talk through a door." Ji Hye said trying to use a sickly sweet voice. If there's one thing Ji Hye is good at, it would be convincing people.

"But... But miss, master Kai will be mad at me." The maid said nervously.

"Come on he won't know, just for a bit. Open the door for me."

Ji Hye paused for a while as she hears no response from the other side.

"You said you will look after all my needs and problems. I'm bored now and I want to see your face, can't you do it for me?" Ji Hye attempted once more time.

Nothing.

Ji Hye is pissed now, as she stands up and decide to bang the door again.

Suddenly the door open and reveal a petite girl in a maid uniform. She looks very nervous as she opens the door a bit wider.

"You actually listen to me." Ji Hye smiled.

She inspects the girl's face, it's very small and cute. The girl doesn't look any older than her, maybe they are the same age.

"Miss, if master Kai found out I will be in big trouble."

"Don't call me miss, we look like the same age. How old are you?"

"I'm 19, miss."

"I tell you already don't call me miss, you are only one year older than me."

"It's the rules, miss."

"Fine, what's your name?"

"Su Min miss, Kim Su Min."

"It's a beautiful name, Su Min unnie."

 

Su Min eyes widened a bit and she's looking around to see if anyone is looking. She shakes her head, her eyes showing fear.

"You shouldn't call me that! I would get in so much trouble!" Su Min said quickly.

Ji Hye is very confused now, she scrunched her eyebrows.

"Why would you get in trouble if I'm the one who is saying it?"

"You don't understand miss, in this household there's an order for everything. You are our guest so we can't speak informally to each other."

Guest? But I'm the hostage? Ji Hye thought.

"What did Kai said when I arrived here?"

"He informed everyone that you are a very important guest, and you will be staying here for a while. So we need to treat you with the most respect."

Ji Hye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter