What's an Exo?

My damn Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was long day for Heejin as she had just finished her afternoon classes, although with great difficulty. With finals only about 2 weeks away keeping up with everything was hard, especially since it was Seoul University. Worn out and half-dead she made her way back to the dorms stopping by the vending machine to get something to drink. Sighing, she bent down to pick up the can of coke and immediately brought it up to her cheeks. Her shoulders relaxed as she felt the cold taking over the heat she was feeling.

 

“ I am so stupid!” She sighed. “Why did I have to wear a hoodie in this god awful weather? I am literally burning.”  

 

She ran her hand through her short brown her and pushed her bangs out of the way.

 

“I’m all sweaty. .” She groaned and started to head back to her dorm.

 

She opened the door to her shared room with her roommate, Sam Shin Joo and immediately made a beeline for the bed. She jumped on the bed and sighed in relief as she felt the comfort and finally felt all the tiredness wash away. Hmm I guess Shinjoo’s not done with her classes yet. She glanced over at the clock on top the table beside the the bed. Her eyes widened. Man it’s 5 already? Hmm I have about 2 hours before they serve dinner maybe I can squeeze in a short nap. With that Heejin closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

She woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She opened her eyes and immediately glared at the phone and picked the phone up in anger because, “who the dares to call me in my sleep”.

She saw that it was only 5:30. She only got 30 minutes of sleep.

 

“What the fuc-” Before she could finish however, she was cut off.

 

“Good Evening Ms. Heejin Park.” The man on the other side of the line greeted.

 

“Uhhh...who are you?” She sat up from bed and brought the phone out from her ear so she could check the caller ID, but it was just a number that she didn’t recognize.  

 

“Oh my apologies. I am Kim Hyun-Shik and I work as a Manager for the HR department at SM Entertainment.”

 

Heejin raised an eyebrow at this. “Ok….and you’re calling me because?” She didn’t mean to be rude, but to be fair this dude did just interrupt her much needed nap time.

 

“I am calling because you recently filled out an online application for an available position and I am glad to notify you that you have been called for an interview.” Kim Hyun-shik explained professionally.

 

Heejin furrowed her eyebrows at this. “Umm...I’m sorry I think you have the wro-” she stopped in the middle as she recalled how, over a week ago, she was up at night screwing with Job applications. Her eyes widened but then she smirked and went back to the phone call. This time however she brought out her sweet voice.

 

“Oh really?” she fake chuckled. “I really thought I wouldn’t get the interview. This is really great news. May I know the date, time and location of the interview?”  

 

“Haha. Yeah you got the interview, your resume was really good. The interview is actually tomorrow. I’m really sorry for the late notice...but it’s at 3pm sharp. You can just come to our building. If you ask the receptionist she will point you to the room for the interview.”

 

“Oh ok Thank you sir I’ll be there.” She had no classes tomorrow since it was Saturday and also she hadn’t made any plans, so tomorrow was just perfect.

 

“I look forward to seeing you there then.”

 

She hung up and smiled to herself.

 

“Oh my there it is again, that creepy smile. What did you do this time?”

 

Heejin looked up to see her roommate peering down at her accusingly. “When did you come?” she asked.

 

“ A few minutes ago while you were busy chatting on the phone. Did you finally get a boyfriend?” She smirked.

 

Heejin gave her a look of disgust. “No, I got a job interview.”

 

Shinjoo stood there in shock with glass of milk in her hands. “No way.”

 

Heejin rolled her eyes. “Why is it so hard to believe that I got a job interview.”

 

“That’s because you were just legit screwing with the job application the other day and you actually got a job? That’s hard to believe, although not really, you do have really great specs soo...it’s not that much of a surprise but..still…” shinjoo rambled on.

 

Heejin laid back on the bed again and closed her eyes. “Calm down. I didn’t actually get the job yet…..they just called me for an interview tomorrow .” she smirked “It’ll be funny if I actually got the job though. This semester’s about to end so imma be bored this summer. This job will be a great way to pass the time.”

 

Shinjoo put her backpack down and sat on next to Heejin on her bed. She took out her phone and started scrolling through her instagram. “Say ..what job did you even apply for. Is it something interesting?”

 

Heejin’s eyes shot open. She turned her head to Shinjoo and opened to say something but then closed it again realizing that she didn’t know.She didn’t know what kind of job she applied for. Oops

 

“I guess I’ll find out tomorrow.” Heejin smiled sheepishly.

 

Shinjoo immediately put down her phone and threw her  a “no you didn’t” look.

 

Heejin just shrugged. “Wake me up when it’s time for dinner. It’s almost 6, I should have about an hour to take a nap.” With that she pulled up a blanket and went to sleep.

 

Shinjoo just scoffed and got up to take a shower.














 

Heejin squirmed in her sleep as she tried to get into a more comfortable position. However as her alarm for the day rang, she slowly opened her eyes.  She groaned as she got up, not wanting to leave the warmth of her bed. She looked at the clock  Why is it 12 o'clock  already. Ughhhhhhh I don’t wanna get up. She tried to go back to sleep since it was a Saturday and she had no plans, however she couldn’t because of nagging feeling in the back of her head telling her that she was missing something.Annoyed, she looked over to the other bed only to see her roommate had already gotten up. Of course she’s a morning person...ughh why are we even friends.   

 

“Oh my god are you finally awake?” Heejin looked up to see Shinjoo coming into their shared bedroom from the living room.

 

Heejin sighed. “Nope I am going back to sleep. It’s too early I don’t even know why my alarm rang so early.” And she closed her eyes.

 

Shinjoo shook her head and shook Heejin. “Oh no you don’t. You have to go the interview .”

 

Heejin slowly opened her eyes and sighed for the nth time. “Oh yeah….I forgot about that….I’ll just not go.” and closed her eyes again. Shinjoo however would have none of that and dragged her out of the bed. Pulling her arms before she finally sat up.

 

“You are NOT going to skip this interview. I don’t give a whether or not you are tired but your interview is at 3 and you are getting up right now.”

 

“Butttttt, whyyyyyy?” Heejin whined.

 

“Because I’m tired of your broke always asking me for money. Get a job Heejin.”

 

“Ughh fine, why are we even friends. You are so mean to me.” Heejin pouted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter