09. All's Fair In Love & War

Love Comes in Bunches

Chapter 9~ this chapter might be a bit boring but after this, the angst will be over and it will be cute sebaek and kaibaek moments galore~!  ー( ´ ▽ ` )ノ btw there's a poll at the end so if you could please take it that would be awesome. anyway enjoy this chapter~ 

 

 

 

The room was painfully silent for a few seconds and Jongin looked like a child that just found out Santa wasn’t real.

 

“What?” He asked, shock evident on his face. Jongin did not see this coming at all, he didn’t know what he was expecting but nowhere in his mind was he thinking that his best friend liked the same guy did.

 

“I really don’t think you need to hear it again, Jongin.” His said, his voice laced with apprehension.

 

“Wait, are you ing with me or?” Jongin narrowed his eyes at the other.

 

“I really wish I was...I’m really sorry Jongin, I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want things to be weird between us and I wasn’t going to try to make a move on him or anything anyway.” Sehun nervously rambled.

 

He stared at Jongin’s face, trying to gauge his reaction. Sehun was so anxious he felt like he was going to throw up right there on the kitchen floor.

 

He was fully prepared for Jongin to blow up and call him a backstabber, although he was hoping that was the worst case scenario and that Jongin wouldn’t react like that because he really did not want to lose his best friend of so many years.

 

“A-Are you mad at me? I really am sorry, Jongin. I didn’t mean to, it just happened. I don’t know how but it did. I promise I won’t try anything-”

 

“No I’m not mad, I just- I just don’t how to react.” Jongin interjected . Of course he was upset, Sehun knew how much he liked Baekhyun and it stung a little to find out that he still liked him even after he knew, but he also knew that Sehun would never try to hurt him intentionally.

 

“Really? You’re not mad? At all?” Sehun eyed him skeptically.

 

“Okay, maybe I’m a little mad but,” Jongin sighed, “you’re my best friend and I know you wouldn’t try to do anything like that purpose. I just need time to think.”

 

He pushed himself off of the kitchen counter and headed toward the door before Sehun could have time to react. Sehun’s heart clenched, the guilt eating him alive.

 

Even though Jongin said he was only a little mad, Sehun knew that wasn’t true, of course he was upset! He had poured his heart to Sehun about how he felt about Baekhyun and now he found out that the entire time Sehun was feeling the same about him.

 

The blonde quickly followed him and watched as he gathered his belongings. Before he walked out the door Sehun stopped him, grabbing his arm.

 

“Wait Jongin. I’m really, really sorry.”

 

Jongin flashed him a small, tired smile. “I know, Sehun. I don’t hate you or anything, I just need time to think.”

 

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

That night when Jongin came home, all he wanted to do was scream into his pillow. “Why does this all have to be so complicated!” He groaned loudly as he fell back onto his bed.

 

He just wanted to be with Baekhyun, but he also wanted Sehun to be happy. He didn’t know what to do, he was upset that Sehun liked Baekhyun even though Jongin had told him about him first, even though technically Sehun met him first because they were childhood friends.

 

It just isn’t fair, he thought, why did we have to fall for the same guy? He felt like crying, he was so frustrated and overwhelmed, he just wanted to see Baekhyun.

 

All Jongin wanted to do was him in his arms and never let him go. A part of him wanted to selfish and have Baekhyun all to himself since he was the one that liked him first.

 

However, the other part of him didn’t want Sehun to have to ignore all his feelings and have to watch him and Baekhyun every day if they were to start dating.

 

After thinking long and hard, he pulled out his phone and looked through contacts, clicking on Baekhyun’s number to send him a text.

 

To Baekhyun: hey

 

Jongin’s heart skipped a beat when Baekhyun replied right away.

 

Baekhyun: hello !!!!!!

 

He tapped his fingers against his phone, not sure of what to say.

 

To Baekhyun: i talked to sehun today

 

Baekhyun: really???? He still hasnt texted me back

 

Baekhyun: is he ok?????????

 

To Baekhyun: yeah he’s fine he’ll prob text you later, i just left his house like 10 mins ago

 

Baekhyun:  i hope so

 

Jongin’s heart hurt a little after reading his response even though he knew it was obviously normal for the elder to be worried about Sehun just he had been. He took a deep breath, finally deciding on what he’s going to do and texted Sehun.

 

To SeBrat: hey

 

SeBrat: hey

 

SeBrat: do you hate me

 

To SeBrat: ofc not you idiot i could never hate you

 

To SeBrat: you know unless you killed my family or smth

 

SeBrat: good bc who else’s house would i go to for food when i dont have any

 

To SeBrat: -___-

 

Jongin softly laughed at his friend’s stupidity, then he sighed and hesitated before typing in the next text.

 

To SeBrat: can i ask you a question

 

The other took a bit longer to reply this time.

 

SeBrat: yeah

 

Jongin thought about it for a minute before replying.

 

To SeBrat: how much do you like him?

 

This time Sehun took a lot longer to reply, Jongin was scared to see what he was say and he knew Sehun was scared to tell him.

 

SeBrat: a lot

 

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

Sehun came over the next day after Jongin had told him he needed to talk to him in person. His palms were sweating on the way up in the elevator, anxious of what the other was going to say.

 

Once he got to Jongin’s apartment number he stopped himself before knocking, just staring at the door. He didn’t know if he was ready to hear what Jongin was about to say, he didn’t know if it was going to be good or bad,  he just wasn’t ready to hear it.

 

He snapped out of his daze and slowly brought his hand up to knock on the door. A few seconds later Jongin opened it and let him in, they both sat on the couch in silence. Sehun cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

 

“Sooo…” He said, awkwardly looking around the room. “I..I think we should both go for it.” Jongin blurted. Sehun immediately snapped his head toward him.

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me, I think we should both try go to for it…” Jongin declared.

 

“Jongin, what are you even talking about? I told you it’s fine, you liked him first and I have no right to come in like this so really don’t worry about me.” Sehun said as he shook his head.

 

“No I’m serious. I know I like him a lot, but I know you really like him too...And you guys were childhood friends so there must be some kind of connection there. I don’t want you to lose out on something just because of me. Who knows, he might not even like me.” Jongin explained.

 

He felt as if this was the only way to solve it, if they both went for it and whoever Baekhyun liked the other would accept it and move on.

 

As much as it hurt him and as much he wanted to be selfish, he just couldn’t bring himself to do that to Sehun, he cared too much about him and he wanted him to have a fair shot to find happiness.

 

Even if it meant he couldn’t be with Baekhyun.

 

“Jongin...You really don’t have to do this, it’s not fair to you.”

 

Jongin shook his head, “If Baekhyun did happen like you back...I don’t want you miss out on something special just because of me. Dude, you’re like my brother, no matter what, we’ll always stick together. Even if one of us ends up with Baek and the other doesn’t, okay?”

 

Sehun looked at the other in the eyes, then smiled as he jumped onto him, giving him a big bear hug.

 

“Yah get off me you brat, I can’t breathe!” Jongin laughed but hugged him back nonetheless.

 

“So you’re actually serious about us both going for it?”

 

“Yeah, I guess we’ll just see who he likes. Maybe he doesn’t even like either of us, who knows.”

 

“Are you sure wanna do this? My game has obviously gotten better than yours over the year…” The blonde teasingly smirked. Jongin playfully punched him on the arm, eliciting a childish whine from the other.

 

“Yah I have not lost my game, I got Baekhyun’s number didn’t I? And you still haven’t given me the five bucks you owe me!”

 

He grabbed Sehun’s head, putting him in a chokehold as he ruffled up his hair. “Okay, Okay! I’ll treat you to lunch, sounds fair?” Sehun said as he ran his fingers through his hair, straightening it out. “Deal.” Jongin grinned.

 

They ended up going to Jongin’s favorite restaurant that sold fried chicken. Sehun paid for both of their meals and they sat down at a table, not waiting long until they started devouring their food.

 

“You should probably text Baekhyun back, by the way. He’s really worried about you.” Jongin said after taking a bite out of the chicken leg he was holding.

 

“Gross, stop talking with your mouth full,” Sehun grimaced, “But yeah, I probably should huh. I feel bad.”

 

“You should, you idiot. We were both worried sick!”

 

“I already said I was sorry!” Sehun whined. “Tell that to Baekhyun, brat.”

 

After getting ready to go to bed, Sehun was lying in bed staring at his phone. He hesitantly pressed on Baekhyun’s contact and typed in a message.

 

To Baek Hyung: Hey hyung

 

He received a reply almost immediately.

 

Baek Hyung: SEHUN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN !!!

 

To Baek Hyung: sorry hyung i just didnt feel like talkin to anyone

 

Baek Hyung: WE WERE REALLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU

 

Sehun bit his lip, he could feel the guilt washing over him all over again.

 

To Baek Hyung: I know i know im really sorry

 

Baek Hyung: fine i forgive you

 

Baek Hyung: only bc i know jongin prob yelled at you already

 

Baek Hyung: are you ok?

 

Baek Hyung: how are you feeling?

 

Baek Hyung: do you need me to beat anyone up

 

He chortled, finding it funny how Baekhyun always sent him multiple short texts instead of putting them all in one text.  

 

To Baek Hyung: i’m okay, i feel a lot better now

 

To Baek Hyung: and i doubt youd be able to beat anyone up hyung

 

Baek Hyung: good!!!!!! But hey !!!!!

 

Baek Hyung: i am pretty strong fyi

 

Baek Hyung: Are you gonna start coming over to jongin’s house again I miss you

 

His breath hitched when he read the last part of the other’s text and  quickly texted back.

 

To Baek Hyung: really ?

 

Baek Hyung: of course i do i havent seen or heard from you in like weeks !!!!!!

 

To Baek Hyung: sorry… ill prob sleep over this weekend if you can come over

 

Baek Hyung: really?! Ill ask jongin if i can come over too

 

Baek Hyung: so i can beat you up for ignoring us for 2 weeks!!!!

 

To Baek Hyung: see you there hyung ;p

 

Sehun closed his eyes as he drifted off to sleep with a smile, he was probably going to dream about a certain boy that night.

 

 

 

ooooookay so, it seems like most of you guys who are comenting want kaibaek and some are torn between the two (so am i fml) i still havent decided who i'm going to make him end up with yet so i was wondering if you guys would want an alternative ending? i know some people don't like alternative endings bc its like 'wow you cant make up your mind', i personally like them so i wouldnt have a problem doing it but yeah i just wanted to ask you guys (if you cant see the poll below for some reason just comment)