02. Coming Back

Love Comes in Bunches

 

This chapter is a litte shorter than the first but there's a lot of dialogue so yeah~ I hope you enjoy :D and thank you those commenting !! 

 

By Wednesday, Jongin had completely settled in.

 

On Monday, Sehun had taken him to Seoul National University, to register for classes since he was transferring there from a local university in Suncheon.

 

He was supposed to start freshman year with his best friend, but his family needed him to help around at the bakery for the year, since finances weren't stable.

 

When the bakery started making more money, his parents told him that he could move to Seoul with Sehun by himself since they knew the two boys were grown enough to get settled in alone.

 

Jongin was currently sitting on his dark green couch and watching some zombie show Sehun told him about. His stomach growled and he got up to look in the fridge for something to eat.

 

He frowned when he saw that the fridge was empty and the cabinet where he stocked the instant ramen from the first night was bare as well.

 

“Stupid Sehun.” He mumbled to himself after remembering how Sehun had eaten many (and the last) of his ramen. He checked his phone for the time and the screen read 11:0pm.

 

He decided to take a quick run to the grocery store to stock up on more ramen.

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

During the three minute drive, he felt his heart palpitating at the prospect of seeing the cashier from the other night again. Jongin hoped the boy was working tonight.

 

He got out of the car and walked through the sliding doors, casually looking around, trying not to get his hopes up about the cashier. His breath hitched when he saw a familiar brown haired boy standing at the cash register.

 

He smiled to himself and went on to grab a cart, then proceeded to fill it up with instant ramen packets once again. He passed by the produce section and stopped at the fruits.

 

His mother had told him to try to eat healthier. He scanned all the fruits before separating a banana from the bunch and shrugging as he put it in his cart.

 

Once he thought he had everything he needed, he rolled his cart to the register, to the cute boy from Saturday night. The boy smiled at Jongin and Jongin smiled back, unloading his cart onto the belt.

 

“Hello again.” The boy grinned while scanning the ramen packets.

 

Jongin was surprised but glad he remembered him. He cleared his throat before replying hello back.

 

He observed the boy, remembering to check his nametag this time. BaekHyun. He made a mental note to remember that. He watched Baekhyun’s hands as they picked up each packet.

 

Jongin couldn't help but think that Baekhyun's hands were really pretty. He looked back at his face and wondered how old he was.

 

He looked the same age, if not, younger, as him. His lips were pursed again and they were a very healthy shaded of pink. Baekhyun picked up the banana and looked at Jongin with an eyebrow raised.

 

“You’re only buying one banana?” Jongin looked at him, confused.

 

“Yeah, why?” He asked amusedly.

 

“That’s really inefficient.” Baekhyun cutely frowned.

 

“And why’s that?” Jongin asked, the corner of his lips quirked and his eyebrow raised.

 

“Once you eat it you’ll have to come back to get another one.”  Jongin thought about it and shrugged.

 

“I don’t really like bananas that much anyway. I just felt like eating one today.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “What!? You don’t like bananas? Why not?” He questioned.

 

Jongin chuckled and said, “I don’t know, I just like other fruit better. Bananas are so soft, I guess I just like crunchy things more.”

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips into a thin line, his cheeks slightly puffing out. “Hmm I see...you're strange.”

 

Jongin stared at him. He is really cute, he thought to himself. He laughed and Baekhyun looked up at him.

 

“What’s so funny?” He asked.

 

Jongin clears his throat and reached for his wallet in his pocket. “Nothing. You’re just really cute.”

 

The shorter’s cheeks immediately reddened. “No I’m not!” Baekhyun declared, “By the way, the bananas are gonna be sad that you took away their son.”

 

Jongin bit back a smile. “Really... They’re going to be sad?”

 

“Mhmm hmmm,” Baekhyun nodded, “You’re separating their family!”  

 

Jongin smiled and nodded. “I see...too bad I don’t really like bananas.” The shorter frowned and handed him his bags.

 

“You’ll come back for them.”


 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

Jongin did come back for them. On Friday night he suddenly had a craving for more bananas.

His mother also yelled at him over the phone yesterday saying that eating one banana was not good enough and that he should buy ingredients to cook with instead of just eating instant ramen all the time.

 

He drove to the grocery store for the second time that week. This time he filled his cart with vegetables, bags of rice, eggs, and other ingredients for meals.

 

“Hello again! Do you usually go grocery shopping this much in one week?” Baekhyun questioned, his bright smile present as usual.

 

Jongin wondered how he was always so cheerful and energized when he had to work until midnight so often.

 

“No...I just moved here on Saturday so I don’t really have anything in my fridge yet.”

 

“Oh, really?” Baekhyun inquired, “Where from? Do you live close to here, is that why you come so often?”

 

“Mhm hmm, from Suncheon. I live like a block away, my apartment is a three minute drive from here,” Jongin explained, “So uhm, do you work every night?”

 

The other shook his head, carefully picking up the carton of eggs. “I work Saturdays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.”

 

Jongin asked him why he worked so late. “I like doing things at night, it’s fun. It’s really calming and quiet. And sometimes interesting people come late at night. Like you,  buying one banana.”

 

Jongin laughed. “Don’t you get tired though?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head again. “Not really. I’ve always had more energy at night, I’m a night owl. I like singing to the melons when there’s no one here.”

 

They both looked at each other and bursted into laughter.

 

“And you call strange.” Jongin shook his head playfully. Baekhyun grabbed the bundle of bananas and looked at him with a smug face.

 

“I thought you didn’t like bananas?”  

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. “I just felt like eating more bananas.  Plus I felt bad separating the son and his family.”

 

Baekhyun smiled victoriously. “See...pretty inefficient huh? I knew you’d come back for them.”