14. More Competition

Love Comes in Bunches

HELLLOOO  here is chapter 14~ i actually updated before midnight today~ haha i hope you guys enjoy this chapter it's prety funny tbh 

 

 

“How was the party?” Kyungsoo asked, looking up from his textbook.

 

“It was fun, you should’ve came with us!” Baekhyun piped.  

 

“I told you I was studying for the test,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

“Nerd…”

 

“But who got a perfect score?”

 

Baekhyun glared at his best friend. “I only missed three questions! Jongdae’s the one that got a C!”

 

“HEY! Leave me out of your argument I didn’t do anything to deserve this,” Jongdae whined.

 

It was Tuesday and the three friends were in Kyungsoo's living room doing homework. It had been two days after the party, and Baekhyun had barely heard from Jongin or Sehun.

 

The two had to miss all their Monday classes, opting to stay home since they couldn’t stop throwing up, they really regretted drinking so much the night before.

 

“Baek why are you wearing a scarf,” Kyungsoo asked, quirking a brow, “It’s like seventy degrees outside.”

 

“N-No reason,” Baekhyun said, fiddling with the scarf around his neck.

 

“Why don’t you tell him what happened on Saturday, Baek?” Jongdae snickered.

 

“What happened…”

 

“Nothing! It’s not a big deal and shut up Jongdae!” Baekhyun slapped the other on the arm and pushed his textbook off the coffee table. Jongdae pouted, muttering ‘meanie’ as he picked up his papers and book from the floor.

 

Kyungsoo eyed him suspiciously before quickly ripping the fabric off of the boy’s neck. His jaw dropped when he spotted the dark bruise.

 

“What the , did you hook with someone? I can’t believe you were trying to hide that thing, who’s the one that said we were best friends and we have to tell each other everything?” Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes at the other.

 

Baekhyun sighed. “No I did not hook up with someone! And I wasn’t really trying to hide it I was just...not telling you…”

 

“Which means you were trying to hide it…” Jongdae interjected, earning him a scowl from the other.

 

“Why weren’t you going to tell me? Who gave it to you? Was it against your will? Was it that Chanyeol guy? Did he hurt you?” Kyungsoo interrogated.

 

“I’m fine mother. I didn’t wanna tell you because I knew you would react like this! And I didn’t want you to freak out because it was kind of an accident and it’s really not a big deal. And no it was not Chanyeol, it was uhm, Jongin.”

 

His felt his face slightly warm up as he recalled the events from Sunday night.  

 

“Okay...Not that I don’t trust Jongin or anything but how the hell does one accidentally give someone else a hickey?”

 

“You know, he was drunk...like really drunk. He didn’t even know what he was doing. I told you, it’s not a big deal.”

 

“Tell him about what happened with Sehun!” Jongdae spoke up, a mischievous look in his eyes.

 

Baekhyun scoffed, throwing a crumpled up ball of paper at the other, hitting him square on the face.

 

“What happened with Sehun…”

 

“They kissed,” Jongdae smirked.

 

“What?!”

 

“Only because you pushed him into me!”

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

“Come on Soo, I said I was sorry!”

 

“I can’t believe you were trying to hide all that from me,” Kyungsoo mumbled under his breath as they walked out of class.

 

“Kyungsoooooo~, come on, please forgive me,” Baekhyun pouted and gave giving his best friend puppy dog eyes. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and uncrossed his arms.

 

“Fine,” he huffed, “But you better not do it next time!”. The other’s eyes immediately lit up, almost tackling his friend down when he jumped forward to hug him.

 

“I won’t, I promise! I gotta go meet Jungkook in the library but I’ll text you later, ‘kay?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded and walked off, but stopped when he heard his name being called from behind him.

 

“Oh, there are you are. I was wondering why you weren’t around to annoy me,” he joked.

 

“Yah! So rude…I don’t know why you guys keep attacking me. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment!” Jongdae whined. The other chuckled, rolling his eyes at his friend's dramatic outburst.

 

They walked down the hall while Jongdae rambled on about all the funny things that happened at the party, like how he and Kris scared Tao during truth or dare.

 

He stopped talking when he noticed the two young men walking toward them.

 

“Hey Jongin, Sehun,” he greeted. They all exchanged hello’s, Jongdae told the two how he was surprised they were still alive especially since they had been stuck in bed for past couple of days.

 

“Yeah Baek and Dae were telling me about it yesterday. Sounds like the night got really...interesting,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“I told him how Jongin gave him a big fat hickey on his neck,” Jongdae smirked. Jongin cleared his throat, awkwardly scratching the back of his head as Sehun shot him a dirty look.

 

“A-ah yeah...We had way too much to drink…” he said as he forced out a laugh.

 

“Speaking of Baek, where is he?” Sehun asked, obviously trying to change the subject from Baekhyun and Jongin.

 

“He’s tutoring someone in the library right now,” Kyungsoo answered.

 

“Oh yeah, huh. I forgot he tutored after class,” Jongin said.

 

“Yeah he’s tutoring some kid from the high school around here. Pretty sure he just stuck around ‘cause he likes Baek though,”  Jongdae snickered.

 

The younger two’s ears instantly perked up. “What do you mean?” The blonde questioned.

 

“Baek’s been tutoring him for a few months. I think at first he actually needed the help but now he just sticks around ‘cause he has a crush on him. He’s always super nice to him and subtly flirts but Baek’s too clueless to realize,” Kyungsoo chuckled.

 

“Of course he is…” Jongin muttered to himself. Sehun and Jongin excused themselves, saying how they were going to go surprise Baekhyun. Kyungsoo and Jongdae continued down the hall, making their way to Kyungsoo’s car.

 

They argued over what restaurant to eat lunch at, Kyungsoo eventually gave in to the other’s craving for fried chicken, for the third time this week, after not wanting to hear anymore of his whining.

 

“Who do you think looks better with Baek? Jongin or Sehun?” Jongdae asked, trying to change the CD, he was sick of listening to drama soundtracks.

 

“I don’t know, why?” Kyungsoo shrugged, slapping the other’s hand away. Jongdae winced, slumping back into his seat. He didn’t even know why he tried when he knew how Kyungsoo didn’t like anyone messing with his music.

 

“Because they’re totally crushing on him!”

 

Kyungsoo quirked a brow, still keeping his eyes on the road. “What?” he scoffed.

 

“You seriously didn’t notice?! God you’re just as oblivious as Baek.”

 

No one’s as oblivious as that idiot,” Kyungsoo deadpanned, “How are you so sure anyway?”

 

“I confronted Sehun about it and I can just tell Jongin does too. You should’ve seen his face when Baek got dared to kiss him on the cheek. He looked like he just won the lottery or something,” the other laughed.

 

“Mhm…This outta be interesting.”

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

They made it resturant and got in line while bickering over whose turn it was to pay for lunch.

 

Kyungsoo demanded Jongdae paid since he was the one that wanted to eat fried chicken in the first place. The latter reluctantly gave in, whining about how it wasn’t fair because he paid last time.

 

“I’ll pay.” A deeper voice suddenly came from behind them. They both turned around, Jongdae smiled when he saw who the owner of the voice was.

 

“Oh hey Kris! Fancy meeting you here. This is my best friend Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo this is Kris. He’s the one that threw the party.”

 

Kris cleared his throat and quickly ran his hand through his dyed hair before replying.

 

“Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo. And uh yeah I was picking up food for Tao. I’ll pay for your guys’ food too,” he said.

 

“No it’s fine! I’ll just make Soo pay for it next time,” Jongdae grinned, elbowing his friend, who rolled his eyes at him.

 

“No it’s okay, I want to…”

 

Jongdae thought about it for a few seconds before nodding.

 

“Fine, but I’ll buy you lunch next time okay?”  He smiled up at the other, Kris bit back his smile and coolly nodded.

 

“Oh uhm yeah speaking of that, I was wondering if you were free Saturday.”

 

“I think so, did you wanna get lunch then?” Jongdae innocently asked.

 

Kyungsoo looked at his friend, giving him a ‘are you kidding me right now’  kind of look.

 

“Yeah uhm like a- uh a date,” Kris nervously stuttered.

 

The shorter immediately felt his cheeks warm up. “W-What?”

 

Kyungsoo bit back the laugh that almost spilled from his mouth. “Uh I think he just asked you out,” he said, thoroughly amused that his usually loud mouthed friend was now speechless.

 

“O-Oh you are?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Uh yeah,” the taller breathily chuckled.

 

“He’d love to, right Jongdae?” Kyungsoo snickered, nudging his friend’s arm. Jongdae quickly nodded, the red tint still on the apple of his cheeks.

 

Kris smiled widely, snapping out of his daze when he heard his name being called out from the cashier, notifying him that his order was ready.

 

He grabbed his order and turned back the two, giving Jongdae a cool smirk before turning around to leave. He ended up bumping into a man that was coming through the doors, dropping all of his food.

 

Kyungsoo doubled over in laughter, tears rolled down his face as Jongdae stood there in shock.

 

“A-Are you okay?” Jongdae asked, hurrying over to help the taller up.

 

“Uh- Yeah i’m fine,” Kris awkwardly laughed.

 

“Do you want me to buy you more food?”

 

“N-No it’s okay uhm chicken isn’t really my style anyway. I’ll uh- text you tonight!” the taller said before dashing out the door.

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

Meanwhile, as Sehun and Jongin walked off to find Baekhyun, Sehun’s phone vibrated; he furrowed his brows in confusion when saw who the text was from.

 

WingMan( ◞・౪・): Good luck! Im rooting for u

 

To WingMan( ◞・౪・): who is this?

 

WingMan( ◞・౪・): Jongdae

 

WingMan( ◞・౪・): who else would it be idiot

 

To WingMan( ◞・౪・): how did i get ur number ???

 

WingMan( ◞・౪・): I put it in when you were faced drunk @ the party ;P

 

The blonde let out a breathy chuckle before locking his phone and shoving it back into his back pocket.

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

 

The two found their way to the library, the tables were filled with students studying and doing homework, some were dozing off. The scanned the room for the elder and stopped when they spotted a brown haired boy with glasses perfectly framing his face.

 

He was explaining something in the textbook in front of him to a younger looking boy who they assumed was the high schooler Kyungsoo and Jongdae had told them about.

 

The boy was gazing intently at the elder, Jongin and Sehun couldn’t even blame the boy, Baekhyun was too cute not to watch. They walked over to the elder, Jongin put his hands over Baekhyun’s eyes, causing the elder to stop what he was doing.

 

“Hey, you,” the younger said. Baekhyun pulled the other’s hands away and looked up to see who had interrupted his tutoring session.

 

“Jongin, Sehunnie! What are you guys doing here?” Baekhyun excitedly chirped.

 

“We just wanted to come and surprise you,” Sehun smiled.

 

“Ah, well I am pretty surprised,” Baekhyun chuckled, “This Jungkook, by the way. I tutor him every Wednesday. Jungkook these are my friends, Sehun and Jongin.”

 

The two nodded at the younger, forcing a smile on their faces. Jungkook quietly scoffed before greeting the two with a fake smile.

 

“Nice to meet you guys, Baekhyun hyung’s told me about you,” Jungkook smirked, casually wrapping his arm around the elder’s shoulders.

 

“Yah who do you think you’re touching so casually, you little brat.” Baekhyun playfully elbowed the younger.

 

He failed to notice the tension between the three younger boys even though they weren’t so subtly glaring at each other.

 

“Well, we’ll leave you to your studying now. See you later hyung?” Sehun smiled at the elder.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Bye Sehunnie, bye Jongin!”

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

“God did you see his smug little face? I hate him,” Sehun frowned.

 

“You barely know him,” Jongin scoffed, “Are you sure you’re not just mad because he calls Baek hyung too?”

 

“Shut up. And don’t act like you’re so innocent, I saw you mad dogging him when put his arm around Baek’s shoulder.”

 

“Whatever,” Jongin huffed in annoyance.

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

 

The two made a trip to the grocery store that night to purchase more instant ramen, though they mostly came there just to see a certain cashier.

 

“You two really need to stop eating these so much, it’s not healthy,” Baekhyun grimaced as he checked out the packets of noodles.

 

“You say that everytime I come here,” Jongin said, amused.
 

“And you never listen!” Baekhyun sighed, dramatically shaking his head.

 

Sehun and Jongin fought the urge to pinched the elder’s cheeks, they could never resist his adorable pout.

 

He was like a little puppy asking for attention, ad they were more than happy to give him that attention.

 

“You wanna come over Sunday night? We can watch that zombie movie you wanted to watch,” Jongin asked.

 

“I would, but I’m gonna be tutoring Jungkook all night.”

 

Sehun and Jongin looked at each other, Sehun cleared his throat before replying. “I thought you only tutored him on Wednesdays?”

 

“Yeah usually, but he asked me to tutor him Sunday night too. He said he had an important test coming up.”

 

The blonde gave his best friend a knowing look, Jongin sighed and Baekhyun looked at them confused.

 

“Is that all you guys are doing?” Jongin asked.

 

“I think he’s gonna come over earlier and we’re gonna go eat or something,” the elder said.

 

“Just the two of you?” the blonde questioned. Baekhyun nodded, putting the packets of noodles into bags for the two.

 

“Hyung, I think he likes you,” Sehun said softly.

 

“What? What do you mean?”

 

“Baek he was obviously flirting with you today,” Jongin chimed in.

 

“Guys I’ve been tutoring him for months, I’m pretty sure I would know if he was flirting with me or not,” Baekhyun chuckled.

 

“Uh huh…” the younger two chorused, exchanging frustrated and tired glances. They both knew that it was going to be an eventful weekend.

 
 
As you can seei snuck a little chenris in there lmao~ ive just been very into chenris lately so i thought it would be fun to add a little in there. are there any other chenris shippers out there??