04. The Party

Love Comes in Bunches

Here's chapter 4~  it's the longest chapter so far so i'm pretty proud lmaoo & I said I would have it up today and it was suppose to go up earlier but my friend that usually proof reads it for me was busy and I didn't wanna post with it with mistakes and whatnot so yeah hope you guys like it!! and thank you to @kpopbased and @Powerpuffgull for always commenting ♡ I always get super excited when I see that I got new comments (´∇ノ`*)ノ

 

 

Ever since that night Jongin stayed back to help Baekhyun arrange the cans, the pair had grown closer given Jongin's frequent visits.

 

Their conversations had shifted from talking just about fruits,which had been the topic of discussion another two times since that night. Baekhyun even allowed Jongin to drop him home again one night.

 

They had exchanged theories about the zombie show and Jongin learned that Baekhyun knew a lot of random facts, like the longest flight record of a chicken was 13 seconds.

 

It was on another Wednesday night when Jongin had stopped by the store after his study group. Food didn't even last a week in Jongin's and Sehun's apartment because the younger was often peckish, not that Jongin minded though. He was always looking for an excuse to talk to Baekhyun about anything and this time, Baekhyun was telling him about a new drama he was watching.

 

“I don’t think she’s is gonna end up with the guy I like…”He sighed.

 

Jongin laughed as he grabbed the bags of newly bought groceries from him. They exchanged goodbyes and Jongin was about to turn to leave but he remembered Sehun telling him to invite Baekhyun to Kris's party. After contemplating for a few moments, Jongin turned around and looked at the cashier, who was too busy counting the change to notice Jongin’s stare.

 

“Are you uhm- doing anything after work on Saturday?” Jongin asked nervously.

 

Baekhyun looked up from counting some quarters, obviously surprised Jongin was still there. before looking up at the ceiling to think.

 

“I don’t think so. I usually don’t have anything to do after midnight. Why? Are you gonna invite me to hang out and then murder me in a dark alley somewhere and bury my body before the sun comes up?” He asked, his eyes narrowing.

 

Jongin waited for Baekhyun to laugh and say “kidding!”,but he continued to eye Jongin suspiciously. He really is an odd one, Jongin said to himself.

 

“No… and that’s extremely specific by the way, my friend is having a party and it starts at ten but you’re gonna be working so I figured if you wanted to, you could come after work? His parties run pretty late anyway.”

 

Baekhyun stared at him, cutely pursing his lips and narrowing his eyes again. “You’re gonna be there right? I don’t want to show up and then not know anybody.”

 

Jongin nodded and suggested that they exchanged numbers so that he could text Baekhyun the details, to which Baekhyun agreed to right away. Jongin suppressed the grin that was threatening to break out as he watched Baekhyun type the digits into his phone and mentally gave himself a pat on the back for going through with the invite.

 

Sehun bet him that he wasn’t going to have to guts to do it and now he owed Jongin five bucks.

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

It was now Saturday night and Jongin hadn’t seen Baekhyun since he invited him to the party, but they had been texting about the details.

 

Jongin offered to pick Baekhyun up from work and give him a ride to the party and he gracefully accepted it since he didn’t want to get lost trying to look for Kris’s house.

 

Jongin checked the time, which read midnight, and he gave himself one final glance over. He was wearing a loose black long sleeve and dark blue jeans and his hair gelled up.

 

He was about to leave his house to go pick up the other when he received a text. He pulled his phone from his back pocket and unlocked the screen to look at the text while walking to his truck.

 

Baekhyun: “I’m waiting outside the store. This better not be a trap to murder me!!!!!!! D:<”

 

He chortled before putting his phone back in his pocket and putting his keys in the ignition.

 

Once he pulled up to the store he saw Baekhyun standing in front of the doors of the store. He was wearing a oversized white sweater, black distressed jeans, and a black hat that was on backwards. Jongin also noticed he was wearing the glasses he wore the other night.

 

He thought the other looked really good. Baekhyun waved at Jongin once he spotted his car and ran over to hop in the front seat. Jongin tore his eyes away from the smaller’s frame and focused his attention on the road as Baekhyun enthusiastically buckled himself in and clapped his hands together. “Off to the ball we go! I hope your friends think I’m cool.”

 

He shifted excitedly in the seat, his fluffy hair slightly bouncing.

 

Jongin laughed at Baekhyun’s energy, especially since it was midnight and he had just gotten off from a four hour shift at work.

 

“Don’t worry, they will.”

 

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

“Wow, your friend’s house is really big.” Baekhyun looked up in awe as they pulled into the driveway of Kris’s house.

 

“Yeah he’s a rich kid, always throwing parties.”

 

“Mhmm, like Gatsby.”

 

Jongin looked at him confused and Baekhyun laughed.

 

“The Great Gatsby!” Baekhyun lightly punched Jongin's arm when he realized the younger didn't immediately get the reference.

 

“Oh yeah, I watched that movie last week.”

 

“I like the book better.” Baekhyun shrugged as he got out the truck.

 

As they walked up the door, they could already see bright lights coming from inside and hear music playing loudly along with laughter.

“Uh my friends can be really weird and obnoxious so...prepare yourself.” Jongin said, ringing the doorbell.

The door swung open to reveal a man wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans. He was taller than Jongin by a couple inches, and his dirty blonde hair was styled similarly to Jongin's.

 

“Hey Kris.” Jongin flashed the taller a wide smile.

 

“Oh hey! It’s about time you showed up. Guys, Jongin’s here!” Kris yelled into the house, “Who’s this?” He looked down at Baekhyun,observing him.  

 

“My friend, Baekhyun.” Baekhyun looked up at Kris,and Jongin could tell he felt somewhat nervous under his intimidating stare but he smiled anyway. “Hello!”

 

Kris’s eyes raked over over the shorter’s body before nodding in approval.  

 

Jongin hit the back of his friend’s head and ushered Baekhyun to where the rest of his friends were.

 

“HEY! JONGIN!” One of his seemingly-drunk friends shout over the loud music.

 

“Hey guys, this is Baekhyun. Baekhyun this Tao,” Jongin pointed to the drunk friend, “Chanyeol, and Luhan. That was Kris at the door and Sehun should be somewhere around here with Yixing.”

 

“Hey everyone, I’m Baekhyun.” He smiled and waved to everyone.

 

“He’s hot.” Chanyeol smirked.

 

Baekhyun eyes slightly widened as he awkwardly smiled and fidgeted as he felt the other's gaze slowly take in his form.

 

Jongin fought back the urge to punch Chanyeol in the teeth, he never liked him that much because he was cocky playboy and this pretty much solidified his opinion. He only hung out with him because he was friends with Kris.

 

“Ugh shut up, Park. You’re gross and scaring the poor boy,” Luhan grimaced, “Don’t mind him, he can never keep it in pants.”

 

“Yah! Stop spreading lies about me to our guest.” Chanyeol chucked an empty beer can at him.

 

“Uh let’s go find Sehun and get away from these idiots.” Baekhyun nodded and  Jongin guided him through the crowd of drunk people grinding on each other and drinking beer out of red cups.

 

“Sehun!” Jongin spotted his best friend’s blonde hair standing out from all the people in the kitchen.

 

“Oh hey, Jongin you’re finally here!” Sehun turned around, handing Jongin a cup of beer to which he declined.

 

“Baekhyun this is my best friend Sehun and this is his boyfriend, Yixing. Guys this is Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at the couple and Yixing reached out to shake his hand. “Hey Baekhyun, welcome to the party. I hope you have fun!”

 

Baekhyun thanked him and took note of the cute dimple that appeared whenever Yixing smiled.

 

Sehun looked at him with furrowed brows. He looked familiar, especially his smile. He knew that eye smile from anywhere.

 

“Baekhyun hyung?” The blonde asked.

 

Jongin was confused, How does he know him?

 

“Sorry, do I know you from somewhere?” Baekhyun looked him, confused.

 

“You don’t remember me? Oh Sehun from next door when you were like five years old.”

 

Jongin’s eyes widened, he stared at them in shock. Yixing looked at all of them in confusion.

 

“Sehunnie!” the shorter gasped, “You’re so grown up, well obviously cause it’s been like ten years almost but you look different. You’re so much taller now! You use to be shorter than me… and you dyed your hair blonde! I barely recognized you! Have you turned into a delinquent?!”

 

“I see you haven’t changed much, still dramatic as ever.” Sehun laughed and playfully rolled his eyes, earning him a slap to the arm from the older.

 

He hadn’t seen Baekhyun in so long, ever since Baekhyun and his family moved back to his old home in Chungdong when he was ten.

 

They were neighbors for five years and stuck to each other like glue. They both cried when the older found out they were moving, they promised that they would stay in contact but they were only kids and ended up forgetting about each other overtime.

 

He smiled to himself remembering all the dumb things they use to do like trying to climb a really tall tree in the park to see a bird's nest up close which resulted Baekhyun breaking his ankle.

 

He watched as the shorter excitedly told Jongin stories about then they were younger. He didn’t know why heart was slightly beating faster as he saw Baekhyun’s signature crescent eyes when he smiled.

 

He felt confused.

 

“And I use to always bite him like this.” He grabbed Sehun’s arm and tried to chomp down on it, Sehun pulled away telling him he was weird causing the older to pout.

 

“Wow I guess that explains why Sehun thought your name sounded familiar.” Jongin said, trying to digest everything that just happened.

 

“Jongin you stole my best friend!” The four of them bursted into laughter, but Jongin felt his stomach tighten.

 

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

By 3am most of Kris’s party guests had either left or passed out. Kris, Tao, and Chanyeol were lying unconscious on couch in the living room surrounded by beer cans and chips. Luhan left with some girl about half an hour ago.

 

Sehun had taken Yixing to one of Kris’s many guest rooms and made sure he was safe and sleeping before coming back downstairs to talk to Baekhyun and Jongin.

 

The three of them were some of the few that weren’t completely wasted and on the verge of passing out, Sehun and Baekhyun didn’t drink much and Jongin didn’t drink at all since he knew he was going to have to drive Baekhyun home.

 

During the party Baekhyun and Sehun spent sometime catching up. They both took turns telling Jongin and Yixing stories about when they were younger.

 

Then it was time for Jongin and Sehun to talk about how they met and all the crazy adventures they’ve had since middle school.

 

Both Baekhyun and Yixing laughed until they cried when found out that the two met in the 6th grade when Jongin accidentally tripped and somehow managed to spill his water onto Sehun’s crotch during lunch, making it look like he pissed himself.

 

Sehun got upset and claimed that Jongin did it on purpose and Jongin got upset because Sehun was being unreasonable because he clearly didn’t do it on purpose.

 

They almost got into a fight but a teacher stopped them and sent them to principal’s office. They both got detention and after having to spend two hours together, they finally got over themselves and decided to become friends.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t believe how dumb they were and Yixing had a lot of fun hearing all the stupid things his boyfriend did when he was younger.

 

After they noticed that the party had finally died down, they all went outside for fresh air. They sat on the porch and watched someone get from the front lawn and stagger a couple feet to puke into the flowers.

 

“Gross,” Baekhyun snickered, “Tonight was fun. Thanks for inviting me, Jongin.”

 

Jongin leaned back onto the step and smiled at him. “No problem, I had fun too.”

 

Sehun smiled as he watched the two. He could tell Jongin really liked him by the way he looked at the other.

 

He was happy for his best friend but there was feeling in his chest he couldn’t shake off. “It was nice seeing you again brat,” he elbowed sehun, “You’re still as whiny as I remembered.”

 

Sehun scowled at him. “No I’m not! I was never whiny.” He argued, crossing his arms like an upset child.

 

Jongin and Baekhyun both looked at each other and laughed.

 

“It’s late, we should get going. Are you staying here with Yixing? I can drive you guys home if you want.” They all got up from the steps and faced each other.

 

“No it’s fine. I’m just gonna sleep here with him, I don’t wanna wake him up. I’ll see you guys soon?” Sehun said.

 

They all said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

 

“I’m glad you had fun, I was kind of worried my friends would scare you off. They’re cool once you get to know them but yeah they can be pretty stupid sometimes.” Jongin said as he drove to Baekhyun’s house.

 

“It’s fine, it was probably the alcohol talking. My friends are pretty weird too, a lot of your friends are really tall by the way. And I can’t believe I ran into Sehun after all these years, what a coincidence.”

 

Jongin couldn’t help but feel a little jealous that Baekhyun and Sehun were so close, but he understood that they were just childhood friends and that Sehun had Yixing, plus Sehun would never do that to him.  

 

Once they arrived at Baekhyun’s house they both said goodnight, Baekhyun said it was technically morning so he said good morning instead, and Baekhyun disappeared through the doors of the apartment complex.

 

Jongin waited for Baekhyun to get in safely, then sighed contently as he drove off into the empty streets of Seoul.

 

 

 

*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*(❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*

 

 

Sehun, on the other hand, was lying in bed next to Yixing, trying to absorbed everything that happened that night.

 

He stared up at the ceiling and thought about Baekhyun, he never realized how much he missed him until he saw him again.

 

He grinned, thinking about how Baekhyun hadn’t really changed from since when he was a kid. He was still silly and funny as ever.

 

His heart sped up a little when he pictured the other’s smile.

 

Sehun bit down on his bottom lip and furrowed his brows. He was still confused at what he was feeling. All he knew was that he was definitely happy for Jongin.  

 

He was glad his best friend finally gathered up the courage to invite Baekhyun to the party and ask for his number. Even if it meant he owed Jongin five dollars.

 

He decided that he was probably just buzzed and tired from the alcohol and that he needed sleep.

He pushed all his thoughts aside and cuddled close to Yixing, he sighed before closing his eyes and hoped that he would feel better when he woke up in the morning.