Jung Sooyeon

Hands On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text. Pardon for grammatical errors and misspelled words.

 

 

----

 

 

VII

 

 

 

“I remember, you’re still haven’t finish telling your secret.”

 

“What secret?”

 

“About your crush in the office.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled, hearing the elevator chimed to their floor. They’ve just got back to the hotel after eating dinner with Yoona. Taeyeon was supposed to return to her room but Jessica boasting about the delicious red wine she bought a day ago. Taeyeon pushed the button to let Jessica step out first of the lift.

 

“You still remember about that?”

 

“Hmm.” Jessica hummed, looking for the keycard inside her bag. “It’s not a sin to be curious about the person that caught your attention, is it?”

 

“No.” Taeyeon snatched the keycard from her girlfriend’s hand. “It was just so not you, Princess.” They walked in silence in the corridor until they reached Jessica’s room. Taeyeon did the honor of opening it. “Get in. I’m curious about this red wine of yours more.”

 

Jessica stepped into her hotel room. They were staying in one of the best hotels in downtown Madrid. The room has an atmosphere of Spanish revival feeling with the design of blackwoods and exposed beams. There was a sofa in the room to create a sitting area patterned with carpets and textured fabrics to add softness in its rustic charm design.

 

Taeyeon followed Jessica, feeling good to kick off her shoes and take off of her jacket. She was thankful that she hadn’t met with some clients, so wearing business attire wasn’t needed. Checking her watch, Taeyeon could see it was just 9 PM.

 

“Do you want some strawberry cake? Or just the wine?”

 

She shook her head. “Just the red wine.”

 

Taeyeon drew the curtains slowly, showing the window which led to a small balcony. If wasn’t for the cold weather, they could talk and drink wine in the balcony while watching the passing cars and the city lights. It would sound romantic. Just perfect.

 

“Okay.” Jessica brought and set the bottle of red wine and two wineglasses on the center table. “This is Viña El Pisón, Rioja.”

 

“What?” Taeyeon wanted to laugh. She couldn’t get the wine’s name.

 

“Nothing. Let’s just drink.” She smirked. “The staff in the shooting recommended this one to me knowing I like wines. They said I should try this while I’m still here though I admit it’s priced a bit high. But it’s okay, I love wines.”

 

“Now I see where your salary usually goes off.”

 

Jessica giggled, opening the bottle carefully with a corkscrew and bowed a bit after. “Should I pour you a glass of wine, Señorita?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled. “Oh, please.”

 

She poured her a glass of wine, moving across where Taeyeon standing to hand it to her. Taeyeon took several full sips, watching Jessica leaned on the wall at the left side of the window. She took another sip again and swallowed. It was delicious indeed. She could taste the essence of blackberries, damson fruit, and sunshine. Jessica knows— if not the best— at least the perfect wine at the moment.

 

“How’s the taste?” Jessica lifted the glass.

 

“It’s very good.” She smiled. “I don’t think I’ve ever tasted a wine like this. It’s so balanced. I don’t know. Remind me to buy one before we go back to Korea.”

 

Jessica smiled. “I see it pleases you.”

 

“I wish we have grilled meat and stews with it.”

 

Jessica laughed aloud. “We just had our dinner, Tae.” She sipped and found satisfied with the taste.

 

The silence grew between them.

 

“So, about your office crush?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “You’re still curious about that?”

 

“Of course. I’m curious who’s this girl that caught the attention of my boss.”

 

“So, I’m just your boss?”

 

Jessica bit her lower lip, smiling, obviously teasing her.

 

“You know what? This wine is much better if we open this window and have background music and dance.” Taeyeon changed the topic, stepping closer, in front of her. “It’s such a good idea, right?”

 

“It’s cold, Taeyeon so practically I won’t open this window. And what this background music for?” Her eyebrows up, looking intently at Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“Do you ever hear about dancing romantically under the moonlight?”

 

“What?” Jessica stopped herself to laugh and just chose to smile widely at her. “You’re kidding.”

 

“Nah ah ah…” Taeyeon wiggled her index finger in front of Jessica’s face. “You should know by now that being with Kim Taeyeon would give you the sweetest, romantic, and memorable dating idea. So, c’mon, let’s dance, mi amor.” She put the wineglass away from Jessica’s hand.

 

Jessica this time let herself giggle, realizing Taeyeon was so serious about her words. “Taeyeon, there’s no moon above outside.”

 

Taeyeon put the wine glasses on the center table, fishing out her phone from her pocket. And before she knew it, RnB music plays and Jessica laughed loudly as Taeyeon turned comically but smoothly to her like those old suave men with a ridiculous mustache.

 

Let's take our time tonight, girl
Above us, all the stars are watching
There's no place I'd rather be in this world…

 

Taeyeon slowly walked to her, feeling the song, and Jessica just smiled sweetly while shaking her head. Taeyeon has a lot of ideas in her head, and the only thing that Jessica could do is to ride with it. She won’t deny, she enjoyed everything as long as she’s with Taeyeon.

 

“Are you going to seduce me?”

 

“Nope. I’m going to seduce my office crush instead that is now standing beautifully in front of me.”

 

"So, it's me?" Jessica said, biting back a smile at Taeyeon’s sudden confession. Taeyeon kept staring at her as if having the mood, throwing out her chest, trying to dance seductively while humming the song. And Jessica couldn’t contain her smile anymore and wait for Taeyeon’s next action.

 

“Your eyes are where I'm lost in, underneath the chandelier… We're dancing all alone…” Taeyeon sang along, extending her hand to Jessica. Their eyes met.

 

“Darling, we don’t have chandelier here and I’m not under it.” She reached for Taeyeon’s hand, smiling playfully.

 

“Yah! Why don’t you just pretend there’s one above you?”

 

“Fine.” Jessica rolled her eyes, feeling Taeyeon intertwining their hands. “Don’t tell me we’re going to dance?”

 

Taeyeon purposely ignoring her question. “So, baby let’s just turn down the lights and close the door.” She started to sing again, taking the high notes. She moved away a bit to look at Jessica’s dress. “Oooh… I love that dress but you won’t need it anymore.”

 

“What?!” Jessica took the step as Taeyeon leads her.

 

“No, you won’t need it no more. Let's just kiss ‘til we’re , baby…”

 

“Taeyeon!” Jessica’s eyes got big at Taeyeon’s choice of song.

 

“Versace on the floor…”

 

She moved with Taeyeon, swaying gently.

 

“Oooh, take it off for me, for me, for me, for me now, girl…”

 

“No way!” She reacted even while dancing.

 

Taeyeon turned her over, still holding her hands. Jessica eyed her through her lashes.

 

“And this is not a Versace.”

 

Taeyeon stopped, stomping her right foot on the carpet. “Yah! Jessica, I said pretend.”

 

“Taeyeon, your music is too embarrassing and too bold.”

 

“What? It’s classy and y. Don’t tell me you don’t like Bruno Mars?”

 

“I like him of course but the song is too sensual and explicit.”

 

“But it can make the girls swoon.” Taeyeon gave her a toothy smile.

 

“Whatever.” Jessica rolled her eyes again. Taeyeon seemed to enjoy all of their barkings. She should remember that arguing with Kim Taeyeon, their COO was always useless. She walked ahead on the window, opening it, and the cold wind coming through the room, blowing across her hair. It made her feel to just settle down on the bed, under the sheet, and embrace or cuddle the person she loves. Jessica felt the heat creep into her cheeks. There’s no doubt that she was blushing on her thoughts. Oh, the influence of Taeyeon’s weird choice of song.

 

“I thought you’re cold?” Taeyeon hugged her from the back as if reading the woman’s thought.

 

“It’s better than you seducing me with that song.”

 

Taeyeon’s joyous laugh reverberated around the room, pulling Jessica closer. She didn’t talk anymore. Instead, she contented to hug Jessica tightly, humming the song until it finished. Minutes passed and they just stood there watching the city lights. Taeyeon loved every moment, every second, smelling Jessica’s hair and kissing her shoulder. “You know why I like that song?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’ll be right here ready to hold you. Girl, you know you’re perfect from your head down to your heels…” Taeyeon sang the line she liked so much and Jessica this time appreciated Taeyeon’s beautiful voice. “That line screaming what I’m feeling every time I see you, dear. You’re so perfect. I’m so in love with you.” She whispered.

 

“Taeyeon…”

 

“I know, even how many times you said you’re not perfect but for me, you are. It’s not just your beauty outside. You have a wonderful personality. I’ve never met anyone like you before in my life.”

 

Jessica’s emotion overwhelmed her, couldn’t think of a word to answer her.

 

“You don’t need to talk. I’m not complimenting you. I’m just being honest. You’re amazing.”

 

Jessica nodded nevertheless, holding Taeyeon’s hand that hugging her even closer. She smiled, leaning her back to Taeyeon. “I love you, Taeyeon.” Her heart clenching with happiness.

 

“I know. And I love you more, Princess.” And she kissed Jessica’s cheek, before looking again at the dark horizon with the light of the faintest stars and luminous pinholes of city lights.

 

----

 

“Buenos días. Cómo está usted?”

 

Hearing the voice, Jessica lifted her head from the board she’s been staring at on the table. Sooyoung’s cheekily smile appeared while standing, leaning on the doorway of her office.

 

“Soo!”

 

“You missed me?”

 

“Of course! When did you come back? How’s the event in New York?”

 

“Boring.” She rolled her eyes.

 

Jessica giggled, crossing her arms on her chest.

 

“How about the shoot and your ‘free’ time in Madrid with the COO?” She quoted the word free with her fingers in the air.

 

“You know, I came there mainly because of work. And Taeyeon’s the same.” Jessica leaned on the table to support.

 

“Really? But Yoona has a side story.” Sooyoung stepped in the room, taking one of the office chairs to sit, crossing her legs.

 

“Yoona? You’re close with Yoona-shi?”

 

Sooyoung’s brows up, shrugging nonchalantly. “We’re friends. She’s a model, the face of our brand and I’m a fashion designer. It’s natural for us to be acquaintances and become friends.”

 

“Oh…”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter