The Humble Servant

Hands On Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note: Italic means flashbacks or inside thoughts on some parts. The present is the normal text. Pardon for grammatical errors and misspelled words.

 

----

 

VI

 

Sunny looked up at the mood boards where fashion references, various editorials, photographs, sketches, swatches, arts that were neatly provided. She also saw some films and music videos played earlier before the meeting starts. The CEO appreciated the hard works of her Design team given in every creative process like that. And she as well put her most effort and support to have thorough conversations with them.

 

“As of now, we agreed to set the shoot in Spain. And we know, Europe has its own set of bars when it comes to fashion. And Spain is no different.” Jessica started to talk again, underlining the location on the board. “Before we set our game plan, any idea comes to your mind when you heard Spain?”

 

“Of course…Old, historic, catholic…” Kim Kibum, the Art director answered their CD from his seat, pointing the pencil in front.

 

Sooyoung raised her hand. “Lively, exciting, leisurely, wonderful.”

 

“Flamenco music, dance.”

 

“Architecture that has been thousands of years.”

 

“And?”

 

“Bullfights.” A voice joined the conversation.

 

All their heads turned to look at the door. Including the CEO who was surprised to see the COO leaning on the door, smiling.

 

“Oh… the Chief Operating officer came in surprise.” Sunny smirked. “Are you going to share your ideas regarding this discussion?”

 

“Nope.” Taeyeon smiled, looking in front. “I’m sure our CD here…” Her smile widened. “…and the team have lots of ideas compared to mine.”

 

“Huh. Why did I expect anything from you anyway?” Sunny sniggered. “You guys should continue, don’t bother with her presence. She’s just here because she’s bored and her would probably get flat on the chair.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes narrowed, snarling jokingly to her boss while the people inside the room, laughed. She moved from her spot, taking another vacant seat inside the room.

 

Jessica cleared , shifting her eyes away from the sole person that made her conscious at that time. “Y-Yeah. Okay.” She tried to focus again, ignoring the pair of eyes that watched her intently. “You see; Spanish is very careful about how they dress. Always making sure to look nice. And…”

 

Taeyeon listened to Jessica in silence carefully. Since they got together, Taeyeon avoided attending any of the design team’s brainstorming or meeting. Only when the CEO ordered her to do that she is very much glad to comply. If she’s to be asked, Taeyeon always wanted to see Jessica in works but they agreed not to get that obvious, and try to be less showy. Of course, some of their closer co-workers have known that they are dating for 3 months now, but they tried to be silent about it and act professionals at work.

 

Taeyeon startled when she heard Sunny calling out to her. She lifted her head to ask. “Yes?”

 

“I’ll assign you to join the team in Spain to monitor them and personally check the stores in Madrid. I already gave them a ring, that someone from HQ will come.”

 

Taeyeon blinked, her brows furrowed. “What? Why not you?” The words naturally came out from without thinking. “I thought you’re going there to have a vacation as well?”

 

“Unfortunately, I canceled it. Have another scheduled meeting for Japan next week.”

 

Taeyeon sighed. “I didn’t expect to monitor the photoshoot as—.”

 

Sunny ignored the COO, shifting to face the CD. “Ms. Jung?”

 

“Yes, ma’am?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes suddenly got bigger in realization. Stupid! How come she forgot about Jessica? She and her big mouth. Of course, Jessica is going to be with her team!

 

Taeyeon straightened on her seat, blinking many times. “Uhm…S-Sun—.”

 

“Is it okay for you if the design team will only go to the location? Alongside with the technical team and photographers?”

 

“Ah…y-yes. Of course, ma’am. No problem.”

 

“S-Sunny…” Taeyeon felt her hands were too itchy to snap her friend’s neck just to look at her.

 

“Then it’s on. Your team will go there first, Sunday morning.” The CEO turned to Taeyeon, finally. Her lips curved up, mischievously playing, teasing Taeyeon. “Then, Ms. Kim you’ll leave on Wednesday, next week and you’ll get straight to the Madrid office from the airport. No more visits to the location of the shoot…” Sunny smiled beautifully, with the curving of her eyes. “…As you wish.”

 

Taeyeon shoot daggers through her eyes. How she hates that smile now.

 

----

 

“I hate that shorty!” She pouted.

 

Jessica giggled. “She’s our boss, Taeng.”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“And it’s your fault anyway. Your brain was too slow to realize what she’s saying.” She pulled and held on Taeyeon’s arm. They were walking on the sidewalk arm to arm, heading to get their dinner at the restaurant. “It’s alright.”

 

“I’ll talk to her again. I want to go with your team.”

 

Jessica laughed. “Seriously? You might get bored at the photoshoot.”

 

“I won’t.” Taeyeon insisted. She took Jessica’s hand to intertwine with her own. “And besides you’ll be there. There’s no reason to get bored.” She cheekily smiled.

 

“I’m going to work there, Ms. Kim in case you forgot.”

 

“It’s alright.” She swung their hands. Taeyeon likes the cold winds of the winter evening. It’s chilly but she was feeling warm inside. “I’m used to watch you while working anyway.”

 

Jessica incredibly looked at her. “Oohhh…creepy.”

 

Taeyeon’s laugh reverberated, holding Jessica’s hand tightly. People stared at them, whispering around. But they didn’t care about it.

 

“Hey, are you free tomorrow?”

 

“Yeah. I think so. Why?” Jessica watched the passing cars on the road.

 

Taeyeon shrugged. “Nothing. Just want to spend my day with you.” She grinned.

 

Jessica chuckled while nodding her head. “What are things we still haven’t do in your dating list?”

 

Taeyeon counted through her fingers. “Hmm… Cheers from the rooftop, stargaze from your backyard and—.”

 

Jessica’s face went deadpan. “Tae, I don’t have a backyard.”

 

“That’s fine, honey. We can always have alternatives.”

 

“Ohh…okay…” Jessica was amused. Dating Kim Taeyeon was such a new experience for her. She had never spent time with everything. She patiently drove thirty minutes early every morning just to meet Taeyeon on their favorite café even though she hates waking up early. Talking on the phone long, when she actually dislikes talking that much. Listening to music, when she loves listening to it alone. She smiled. The effort she does just to find love. Love?

 

Jessica stopped at her thought. ‘Did I already love Taeyeon?’ She stared at the other woman. Jessica’s heart was pounding now as jumbled emotions rushed through her. Taeyeon’s face was happy. Her eyes were so bright and filled with caring. And then, it hit her. How come she hasn’t realized it soon? She could hug and kiss her fully in the lips, right there and then, if only they weren’t in public. Yes. So damn yes. She loves her.

 

“Hey.”

 

She turned her attention back to Taeyeon.

 

“I have a secret to tell you.” They both stopped at the sidewalk to wait for the green light. Taeyeon could already see the restaurant on the other side of the road.

 

“What?”

 

“I have a big crush on this one person at the office.”

 

Jessica’s left brow up. “Really? Who?” Her eyes sharply shifted to Taeyeon from the road.

 

Taeyeon smirked, sweeping the hair off of Jessica’s face when the wind blows gently. “I’ve always love to see or talk to this person every day. I’ve always love messaging her at night.” She touched Jessica’s elbow while crossing the lane.

 

“Her?”

 

“Yes. Of course, my dear. That person is a she.”

 

“And?” Jessica pulled Taeyeon’s sleeve.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter