Chapter 5

The Abandons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, everyone! I am thankful to find over 49 subscribers who subscribe to my story while I wasn't updating (>_<) And now, I'm back with two more chapters for you all and as always, I hope you enjoy and don't forget to leave me comments about my story~~~

 

 

 

 

 

"Hwan, have you seen Yeon?"

 

"Noona? She was sleeping when I left. Is something wrong-" Hwan's voice fades upon the worry look on Eunjung.

 

They both search separately for Taeyeon in the city and meet up to check on one another before leaving again. Eunjung starts to feel restless as she only thinks of her blind friend.

 

"Where did you go, Yeon?" she say as she looks around her surround with Humans.

 

In an open field of a park, Taeyeon finds her way there as she settled on the bench. She hears kids screaming happily and dogs barking. Her hand comes to place over her left chest as the beating of her heart is still fast.

 

If only you...if only you Abandons can just die-!"

 

She comes to think deeply in her own world. He surely sound hurt when he said those cruel words; it almost sounds like he was going to cry but he held it in. Taeyeon carefully listen to herself and the feeling she had minutes ago.

 

"Yeon!"

 

Her own thoughts scatter away when she hears her name. She heard rapid footsteps approaching so she gets up from the bench. Eunjung takes her by the hands desperately as she is almost out of breath.

 

"I thought I lost you, Yeon. It's a relief that you're safe" Eunjung say.

 

Before Taeyeon can say anything, Eunjung embraces her and Taeyeon returns it, knowing that Eunjung treasures her a lot. After finding Taeyeon, they go to look for Hwan who has not yet been found. Eunjung starts to worry again as she and Taeyeon search together for him in the big city.

 

"You sure Hwan did not go back?" Taeyeon ask Eunjung who holds her arm and walks beside her.

 

"I told him we weren't going anywhere till we find you" Eunjung say.

 

Taeyeon becomes really concern. They walk for a while and come to rest at an almost desert area in the city. Eunjung has Taeyeon sit down a short cement block and then she looks around.

 

"Hwan is fine on his own, right?" Taeyeon ask.

 

"Don't worry about him. He has his own ways of dealing with difficulty" Eunjung assures her.

 

Taeyeon nods and stay quiet. Minutes goes by and the sun starts to shift as it gets warmer. Eunjung blocks the sunlight in her face with her hands and then looks over to Taeyeon who has change her posture.

 

"Maybe Hwan has gone back. We should go too" Taeyeon suggest.

 

"Hm. Let's go"

 

Eunjung let Taeyeon hold her around the arm as they begin to walk yet something feels different.

 

"Eunjung? No one is around here, right?"

 

"No. Why are you asking?" Eunjung question.

 

They walk a little more as Taeyeon listens carefully to check to make sure she is not hearing it wrong. Besides just them two, she sense another being near them.

 

"I think something is following us"

 

Eunjung did not stop walking when Taeyeon has said that. They quicken their pace as they hold each other. Eunjung starts to feel it; someone or something is behind them. That split second, Eunjung yanks Taeyeon and they dash off as fast as possible. Their hearts race as they do not know what is chasing them. Eunjung leads the way, keeping Taeyeon close as possible. They turn a few corners till they come to a dead end. Breathless, Eunjung looks around and spots a dark open place that fits a person in. Without explaining to her blind friend, she quickly pushes Taeyeon into the spot to hide.

 

"What are you doing?" Taeyeon ask confusing yet afraid at the same time.

 

"Wait here and don't go anywhere. I will come back, okay?"

 

Eunjung looks around once more and quickly pulls a wooden board over to hide the spot Taeyeon is in.  She then hurries off as Taeyeon can hear her rapid feets leaving. Right then, another pair comes by, but it sounds to her that the thing is standing on four feet and it makes Taeyeon hold her breath. Her heart is beating fast; almost jumping out of her and then she swears she hear a snarling; a hissing sound coming from the thing near her. Taeyeon covers as it grew closer. She can feel it coming at her slowly, but a loud crashing of glass echos not far from her and the thing dash off toward the direction of the noise. She uncovers to let out a shaking breath and try to find her way out quickly. While Taeyeon manage to push the board out of the way and climb out, a hand grabs her and she hears a voice that settle down her adrenaline.

 

"Noona, are you okay? Why are you hiding here? Where's Eunjung?"

 

It is Hwan. Taeyeon grabs him who is now present by her side. She points to the direction where she hears Eunjung leaving.

 

"We were being chased. Eunjung hid me here and she ran off" Taeyeon say in a shaking voice.

 

Hwan looks to where she points and he holds her firmly by the shoulders as he look at her; a small fragile figure that shakes from the fear.

 

"What is chasing you two, Noona?"

 

Her eyes are watery as she hesitate to answer at first, but she gathers it up to open to speak.

 

"R...Re-Retainer. Retainer. I'm positive it's a Retainer, Hwan"

 

His pupil widen while tears race down Taeyeon's face.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter