Chapter 1

The Abandons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Thanks to the 6 subscribers for subscribing to my story! So here is a chapter for everyone. Hope you all enjoy AND don't forget to leave me a comment as well ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chained against to the cold wall, Eunjung’s eyes are overwhelmed with tears that block her sight. Standing in front of her is her unnie whose eyes glowed bloody red and kneeling below her is the man Eunjung cherished; his body exposes with many wounds as he clutched onto his abdomen. The sight of him barely moving made Eunjung’s heart twist as words are not able to escape out of . For a split second, the man is able to make a brief eye contact with Eunjung and a soft smile appears across his face. Right then, before her very own eyes, her unnie’s hand pierced through his back to his front as blood poured out causing Eunjung to become terrified that her face turns pale. The man collapses to the ground and right then, Eunjung screams as tears stream down her face. Fighting against the chains that held her back, she eventually is set free and she runs to the man, dropping to her knees as she grabs for him immediately into her arms.

 

“O-Oppa? Oppa? Jaejoong oppa!”

 

Her voice echos through the entire rooms of the building as it soon silence. She buries her cries in him, but upon hearing bells jingle she turns her attention toward his hand that is unfold and lying in his palm is the other pair of bell that he had kept. Eunjung takes his hand, grasping the bell between their palms and holds it tightly while she cries quietly. Her unnie walks up to her and kneels in front of her. She takes Eunjung by the chin, pulling her face up to meet hers.

 

“Now you understand what I mean? Humans and Abandons can never be together. Never”

 

The smirk on her unnie’s face makes Eunjung rage inside as her eyes turn solid though tears dropped from them. Her unnie stands up and turns away as she leaves. Eunjung watches the back view of her Unnie’s and she bit her teeths together. For a brief moment, the color blue comes across her eyes and turns back to normal.

 

 

 

9 months later~~

 

In the busy streets of Seoul, news about the Humans eliminating the Abandons  are spreading everywhere. About half of the Abandons population have lost their homes or died due to murdering. Coming to a stop in front of the huge screen on the building, Eunjung peers up at it as her hood covers her eyes. She watches the news intensively but soon everything goes quiet and when she turns around, she arrives to a different place. Lying before her is a tomb, carved with the name of the man who she loved on it.

 

His dead body lies before her as she kneel there with him. She touches his pale face as tears fall from her eyes and her fingertips trace down to his jaw and collarbone till it comes to his wound. The blood on him has already started to slowly dry and she grasps onto it.

 

“I will prove her wrong, oppa”

 

She takes a knife from her pocket and holds onto the sharp blade in her left palm. Grasping to it tightly, she let the blade slip through without a flinch and soon blood drips from her palm down to her fingertips.

 

“As long as I am breathing, I swear with my own blood to show her that Humans and Abandons can live together”

 

 

Eunjung place a small bouquet of flower in front of his grave and she stands back from it. Her eyes avert toward the view of the dark city that lies before her as she stand tall on the hill with the grave beside her. Her hands hanging beside her body; her left palm scarred.

 

 

In a desert area of the city, Abandons spread across the whole street; some lying with sickness. Just then, loud music approaches and as it grow closer, the sound blasts to the maximum; deafening the Abandons. A car pulls over and humans stepped out. Abandons quickly move aside while others hide themselves in the torn down buildings. The music silence at once.

 

“Yah...look who we found here. A bunch of Abandons” one of the male Human grins excitedly.  

 

The Abandons watch them closely and when the male Human cue his fellow friends, they begin to dig in the car and out they pull a few weapons; steel bats and wooden sticks. Frighten, some of the Abandons run off while others refused to leave the ill ones.

 

“All right, boys. Let’s do some clearing out here, shall we?”

 

The Humans attack at once causing the Abandons to scream for their lives. Along the way, Eunjung is returning till she hears the screamings and beatings. She quickly approach to see the Humans violently beating the Abandons to the ground, unarmed. In a distance, she sees the elderly Abandons unable to fight back as the Humans strikes them with their weapons. Right in front of her eyes, an Abandoned child cries for the dead as a Human target him with their bat.

 

“Stop!”

 

Eunjung jumps in for the child, embracing him as the blow comes at her back. She feels like her bones has snap into pieces yet she endure it. Each strike that came frighten the child as he cries for his dead mother. Eunjung bare the pain as the Human curses and beats her. Hearing the screamings and cryings, Eunjung’s world starts to go quiet.

 

“Oppa, I don’t think I can do it anymore”

 

Eunjung pants after carrying two huge boxes up the stairs. Jaejoong sighs with a small grin and he gets up from the couch, going over to her. She is now sitting on the floor, rubbing her shoulder as Jaejoong squat before her.

 

“Jung Ah, when you feel like you’re struggling, don’t you ever give up. Keep on going. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have”

 

Right then, Eunjung’s eye fling open and they shined royal blue. When the bat strikes at her again, a barrier stops it to protect them. Struggling to blow through, the barrier reflects his attack back at him which sends him off flying. Everyone pause when the Human lands harshly onto the ground; covered in bruises and cuts. Her eyes returning to normal, Eunjung turns to see the Human severely injured.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter