Chapter 4

The Abandons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm finally back for the day! Just a little preview to start off the chapter...I know this chapter is not as interesting, but please enjoy as always :) Also, thank you for my subscribers so far! I hope to hear feedbacks from y'alls~~

 

 

 

 

“Perhaps...are you..”

 

Hearing his short words, Taeyeon becomes frightened that she might have been exposed. Her head face many directions, avoiding his eyes that lock her. That moment, Changwook yanks her around to face him as Taeyeon is shock to this sudden action; the jacket on her slips away and falls to the ground. She is now in his hands as he stare down intensively at her shock face.

 

“You are an Abandon?”

 

Taeyeon froze at his question. That second, she feels the grasping hands of his loosening and then she is push back gently. Taeyeon trips the back of her heel and falls to the ground.

 

“What are you doing?!”

 

Alarm by the voice, Taeyeon knew it belongs to Kyu Hah and he did not sound happy. He goes up to Changwook and push him off with one hand as Changwook did nothing.

 

“Just what are you doing? You’re a detective yet you’re bullying a blind person, is that what I’m seeing?” Kyu Hah ask him.

 

Changwook’s gaze from Taeyeon turns to Kyu Hah who gives a deathly look and right then, he scoffs. Instantly, Kyu Hah is tick off and grabs his colleague by the collar of his shirt. Taeyeon can sense the tension between the two and quickly gets back on her feet.

 

“Stop. It was just a misunderstanding” she inform.

 

Kyu Hah turns to her with a confusing look in his eyes and then Changwook brushes Kyu Hah’s hands off him. Taeyeon apologize to them both as she bow. Their surrounding becomes silently awkward.

 

“I’m really sorry. From now on, I won’t bother either one of you” Taeyeon say.

 

The look on Kyu Hah becomes hurt yet Changwook did not show much of his feelings. She bows for the last time and turns around as she steps off. Kyu Hah want to speak up, but he is not able to do so which leaves him anxious as he watches her backview slowly growing smaller.

 

Walking her mind off, Eunjung stumbles into the city where Humans are everywhere. She looks at each and every person closely and thought to herself, just how can they be so happy and carefree while her people were the ones who suffered deeply to their deaths? Right then, someone bumps into Eunjung and she turns to catch the person who lost their balance.

 

“Sorry. I’m really sorry”

 

Shock to hear the familiar voice, Eunjung looks at the person closely and right then her heart sinks.

 

“Y...Yeon?”

 

Taeyeon is surprise to hear the voice call her that and it makes her chest ache as she then grasp the hands that held her. Eunjung takes Taeyeon’s hands with an oddly look on her face though tears have started to show again.

 

“Eunjung? You’re Eunjung, right?” Taeyeon ask, her voice crack a bit.

 

Unable to express with words, tears have begin to fall from Eunjung’s eyes while Taeyeon held hers in. Seeing that Taeyeon only holds her hands tightly and not looking at her, Eunjung starts to feel scare.

 

“Yeo-Yeon ah? What happened to your eyes, Yeon?”

 

Upon getting asked with that question, Taeyeon turns quiet with a tear racing down her eye and Eunjung takes her long lost friend into her arms. The moment Taeyeon’s face is buried into Eunjung’s chest, she lets out a silent cry and her shoulders shake uncontrollably in Eunjung’s embrace.

 

 

* * * * * * *

 

It has been a week since Eunjung and Taeyeon has reunited and they remain closer than they ever were before. Especially Eunjung who fears of losing another important person in her life. Taeyeon gets to meet Hwan and it turns out that he really likes her like an older sibling to which he calls her “Noona” and not Eunjung. Though Eunjung is a bit envies, she likes the way things are and the friends who are with her.

 

“Here, Noona. This is for you” Hwan say, placing a warmly cooked potato into Taeyeon’s hand.

 

She carefully receives it and a smile shines over her face.

 

“Thank you”

 

Hwan smiles from ear to ear, adoring his older sibling and quickly returns to the bonfire to check on the other potatoes. Taeyeon silently enjoy her freshly baked potato and blows it a few times before taking a bite out of it.

 

“Noona, eat it slowly. There’s still plenty more” Hwan say as he glance back at her.

 

Taeyeon wipes and shakes her head.

 

“One is good for me. Save the rest for you and Eunjung”

 

“Ayy...you’re being too nice, Noona. Here. Take this one too”

 

Hwan places another baked potato into her hand and Taeyeon frowns, but she then smiles at this younger man who seems silly to her.

 

“Thank you” Taeyeon say.

 

Hwan watches her eat her food amusingly till Eunjung returns from her tour. Taeyeon hears her footsteps first before she even speaks.

 

“She’s back” Taeyeon say.

 

Hwan turns his head around to see Eunjung coming in, looking a bit exhausted. He automatically stands up and goes over to get the wrapped baked potatoes they have kept to share with her while Eunjung takes a sit near the bonfire. Taeyeon tilts her head a bit with a concerning look on her face to find Eunjung relatively quiet.

 

“Is everything alright, Eunjung?” she ask.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me, Yeon” Eunjung smiles sheepishly to her.

 

Hwan returns with his hands full of wrapped bake potatoes as he nearly drops some, causing Eunjung to take them into her arms. Taeyeon can smell them sweets and smiles.

 

“There. These are all for you to eat” Hwan grins as he puts his hands on his hip.

 

Eunjung is dumbfounded at the sight she sees and she smiles. Taeyeon can sense a little happiness in that smile she hears from Eunjung and it lightens her a bit. The younger man flashes a huge smile with his posture drop beside him and he looks happy just like Taeyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter