Chapter 2

The Abandons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Another chapter is ready (>_<) Enjoy!

 

 

One year later~~

 

The sun shines brightly up high in the sky with cars roaming back and forth on the pavement. On one side of the street, a group of children are waiting along with young lady. The traffic lights change and the people start to cross the road.

 

"Alright. Careful now" the lady say while holding the children's hands.

 

As they begin to cross the street, out of nowhere a van pulled over in front of them making the children gather aside with the woman. The door slide open and people step out. Abruptly, a buff man goes up to her and takes her by the arm.

 

“Who are you?" she says, startled.

 

She tries to fight back. The children are pulling onto the man and he looks down at them, then he pushes them off violently.

 

“Yong?! Hana?! Aera?!” she calls them.

 

She feels herself being carry onto the buff man’s shoulder and she let out a scream. The kids yelled her name. One of the kids, bravely beats the man’s leg and tells him to let go of noona. Nearby people stared and chattered.

 

"Get lost!" the man say and he shove the boy away.

 

The boy stumbles into the incoming street and a car approaching honks at him. The other two kids scream his name and before everyone’s eyes, someone runs up to the boy and takes him aside as the car drive past without any harm.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

The boy sees that it is a young woman who saved him; the color of her hair is dark brown and short; her eyes shine dimly under the sunlight yet beautiful. They all turn their attention to the young woman as she pats Yong on the head with a smile.

 

"Who are you?" a slim man ask.

 

The young woman stands up straight and looks at them as her smile drop. All the kids hurry to her side as Hana tugs on the woman’s shirt.

 

“Release the girl” she change the topic.

 

“Hahaha, look at you talk. Just what can a woman like you do to us, huh?”

 

The group of men laughs as the lady tries fighting her way out of the one carrying her. The slim man step up to the woman and takes her by the chin, lifting her eye level to his as he stares down at her.

 

“You should mind your own business, little miss”

 

Her eyes harden while the slim man draw his hand back yet that following second the same hand swings at her. In a flash, something flies by to hit his hand away as he grunt and pull away to see a rock the size of a nickel bounce to the ground. He looks back to the woman to see a young man approach with another rock in his hand as he played with it.

 

“Haven’t you male Humans been taught not to raise a hand at a woman?” the young man say as he looks directly at them after stopping his steps.

 

Before the slim man can do anything, police sirens filled the air and their attention is distracted. The lady manage to kick off the buff man’s shoulder and when she touched the ground, the young man take quick action. The buff man target the lady again, but young man blocks his path and sends a spin kick at face, causing him to fall to the ground as the woman draw the kids back behind her.

 

“Run!”

 

Without looking, he takes the closest hand to him and they run before the police arrive at scene. In the back alley, both comes to hide to catch their breaths.

 

“Yah, Eunjung. Did I look cool back there?”

 

There is no response so he looks up to see that it is the Human lady from before. He takes his hand back from her and straighten up his posture with a disappointed and confused look on his face. As he gets everything in mind to what just happened, his eyes widen.

 

 

At the station, the children are taken by their parents as Eunjung is being questioned by the police. They asked her all sorts of things regarding what she saw or did and she answered them all.

 

“Abandons? Yah, those things don’t exist anymore alright” the policeman chuckle.

 

Upon hearing his chuckle, Eunjung’s eyes harden and she hold a fist. She locks eyes with him and when he witness the serious look on her, his smile slips away and he clears his throat. He jumps out of his chair and head over to another policeman. Eunjung released her tight fist, sitting there in the lousy station as she recalled the deaths of her people and the pain she felt during that time. For a brief moment, her eyes lit blue but a voice speaks above her which brings her back to normal. When she lift her head up, her eyes widen as it quiver to see a face that sink her heart.

 

“Jaejoong oppa?” she say in a quiet voice.

 

A tall broad Human man peers down at her, his face cold and stern. His pupils show no tenderness. Eunjung stare at this man and closely enough, she becomes convinced that it is not Jaejoong oppa after all and that it is just her imagination.

 

In another room where Eunjung is being kept, she sit alone in the dim place with her sitting in a chair and a table in front of her. In addition, there is a black screen on the wall before her as she knew eyes are watching her through the other side. The door finally opens and that same man from earlier enters as he shuts the door behind him. He set a folder on the table as he then takes the seat in front of Eunjung. When their eyes met again, Eunjung can not help but feel a needle pierce at her chest. Just how can someone look so similar to the one who is already dead?

 

“Name?”

 

She snap from her fantasy as she see him with the open folder and a pen in his hand as he is ready to jot something down. Hesitating, she did not reply. The Human man glance up from the papers to her and stare at her intensively.

 

“Name?” he say in a harsh tone.

 

Feeling her heart rapidly beating, Eunjung can not open and she gaze at him with sorrow eyes. The Human man is about to speak again, but gets interrupted when a knock comes from the door and it clicks open.

 

“Ji Changwook-sshi, may I have a word with you for a second?” the person say.

 

Eunjung could feel his eyes averting away from her and when he finally left the room, she lets out a heavy sigh that sealed in her for a second as her eyes are teary. After fifteen minutes passed, Eunjung is released from the station and she walks out of the building. Her mind is unsettle as the image of Jaejoong oppa comes to her. She stop her steps and space out.

 

A light rain shower began to fall and the people in the station see it from the windows. Voices murmur which made Changwook glance up from his work and over to the window. At first, he only pay attention to the rain but in his sight, he also see Eunjung in the distance. She is standing in the rain almost soulless and lost. His eyes turn away and he continued on with his work. Letting the rain drown her pain, Eunjung awakens from her sorrow thoughts and walks off.

 

Crossing paths with her, a worn Taeyeon approaches the station drenched in the rain. Unable to see, she feel someone bumping her over as she falls and then hears a voice scream at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter