Chapter Three

Guesthouse October 1

Thanks to Changmin who promise to lend a hand in preparing dinner as long as Jaejoong do the cooking, the guys having feast on that night. Jaejoong refused at first because honestly, he just want to lay down and doing nothing. But after Changmin promise to help him on the kitchen including washing the dishes, he agreed.

Besides, recalling Yoochun's breakfast on that morning, he kind of pity the man. Yoochun become the target of bully by the trio Yunho, Changmin and Junsu for the simple sandwich he made. The sandwich filling only contains fried egg with no salad and no sauce. But he shouldn't be blamed for the limited ingredient, at least they're lucky enough because there are bread and eggs.

Jaejoong making bibimbap enough for all of them, with side dishes kimchi jigae and fried vegetables. They are having their late dinner when Junsu start talking about what happened when they do grocery shopping.

"I've met an old woman asking if we are the paranormal investigator."

"Paranormal investigator? What makes she think we are one?" Jaejoong asked, his mind working quickly. Haunted house, paranormal investigator, something definitely going on.

"Because she said most people who stayed here are paranormal investigator. Rumour has it that this house haunted, so basically they camped here to find out whether it's true or not," Junsu said. Jaejoong slowly putting down his spoon.

"That woman just bluffing. So far nothing weird has happen to us, right?" for some reason Yoochun doesn't sound confidence himself.

"But Junsu actually believe the woman that he left the grocery shopping to us so that he can find out more of the story. Obviously he said 'rumour has it' just now." Changmin cut in. "And what story did she tell you, Junsu?" this time Yunho asked. Jaejoong having a thought to covered his ears or just left the table when Junsu started narrated the story. But instead, he remained on his seat and listen.


"This is what she told me. She said this house belonged to Han's family. They have a five years old son. At first, they were just a normal family like everybody else. Until one night, starting with a bickering, they have a big fight. The husband lost his patience and killed his wife. He then buried the body somewhere around this house. A week after, he noticed something about his son. His son never asking him where his mom was. When he asked the boy 'how come you never mention about your mom', the boy gave a shocked answer. He said 'mom is always with us, even right now'. And not long after, he was found dead on his room by his son. With a kitchen knife buried on his chest, police classified the case as suicide because no sign someone did trepassing. But who knows, maybe it's really just a rumour."

"Did they discover her body? What about their son?" Jaejoong eagerly asked.

"The police found her body buried on the backyard, and the boy was sent to an orphanage. And one more thing I forgot to tell, some investigators who stayed here said, they could hear the quarelling, the screaming coming from this house when the clock strike on midnight October 1. It is said that was the date the killing happened." Junsu added.

"I told you somethings odd with this place! Even the name!" Jaejoong suddenly slammed his hands on the table as he got up of the chair. "Jae, come on. It's probably a folklore or something. You don't actually believe the story, right?" Yunho also got up and went to Jaejoong's side. Not forgetting sending his glare to Junsu. With an innocent face, Junsu mouthed a silent 'what'.

"What if I told you I saw IT? I felt IT on my skin! Would you trust me then?" Jaejoong asked, pressed on the word 'IT' as he looking straight into Yunho's eyes. Hearing Jaejoong said that, Yoochun stopped eating.

"Come on , not that crap again." Sighing, Yunho brought Jaejoong to the living room, pulling him to sit on the couch with him.


"Jae, listen to me. This holiday are supposed to be fun. But you kept saying this place haunted since we got here. Just because this place looked creepy doesn't mean it's haunted! And I'm not saying such thing doesn't exist, but so far like Yoochun said, we haven't experience anything unusual. You know what that means, right?" This is the second time he fought with Jaejoong, both regarding the house. "But I've seen it! I know what I saw, Yunho," Jaejoong replied.

"Jae, I really don't want to ask this," Yunho start. "But are you perhaps, secretly, on drugs?"

Taken aback by the unexpected question, Jaejoong pushed himself up. "What the hell, Yunho? First, you don't trust me, now you accusing me of doing drugs?!" Jaejoong raised his voice.

Yunho is just too much. Not believing him, that's acceptable. But accusing him doing something that never crossed his mind? Obviously not!

Hearing Jaejoong loud voice, the Yoosumin trio showed up at the living room. Before anything got worse, Yoochun tried to calm the situation. He signaled Yunho to go back to the dining room. "I'm sorry." Yunho said as he passed Jaejoong.

When Yunho, Changmin and Junsu gone, Jaejoong got back on the couch followed by Yoochun.

"If you're going to nagging at me and ended up accusing me on drugs, you'd better shut up! I might kill you before I kill Yunho," Jaejoong warned. Yoochun gave a nervous laugh though he knew it's just a joke.

"I believe you," Yoochun said out of blue. "What?" Jaejoong asked, turning to Yoochun. " I don't know exactly what happened to you, but I believe you. Something strange happened to me too, Jae," Yoochun said again. "You too? Really? What happen?" Jaejoong suddenly interested in Yoochun's story.

"It's nothing scary actually, just strange. When I was done taking shower last night, something pulled my necklace from behind. When I turned around, I'm not seeing anything. But I felt it, Jae!" Yoochun sounded so convincing that it gave Jaejoong a shocked look. "You're not making it up, right?" Jaejoong asked, thinking Yoochun just want to ease off his heart. "I'm not, Jae! It's really happened." Yoochun said. "You're not telling Junsu? Changmin or Yunho?" Jaejoong asked again. "No, because they might not believe it. But listening to Junsu's story, an idea crossed my mind. Just hear me out. Remember when Junsu said the screaming can be heard on midnight October 1?" this time Yoochun asked the question. Jaejoong nodded.

"Let's stay here until then."