Part Four; Action

Mina's Been Chaeting

Mina

 

Mina couldn’t tease. She was completely incapable of doing so.

 

And as a result, she was therefore banned from the war between MiChaeng and Nayeon.

 

(Making it the war between Chaeyoung and Nayeon, with Mina as a bystander.)

 

But the problem was, Mina was usually the target of Nayeon’s teasing. Chaeyoung teased Nayeon, Nayeon – unfazed – teased Mina, Mina – fazed – relayed it back to Chaeyoung, and the cycle would begin again.

 

It was absolutely unbearable.

 

Yet what other option did Mina have?

 

Really, all she could do was take part in the teasing, from time to time, or sit back and watch.

 

Honestly, the only thing holding Mina back from stopping all of it was the fact that all of them were at ease now. Nayeon was not offended, nor was Chaeyoung. (Mina wasn’t, either; she was busy swimming in her own guilt at cheating on Nayeon. Or rather, chaeting.)

 

Mina dragged herself out of bed after, for the nth time that week, pondering over these facts. She spared a quick glance at Nayeon’s bed; it was empty. It was already nine a.m., of course Nayeon would be up. She got up as early as six to prepare for her opponent.

 

Speaking of which.

 

Mina made a quick detour to the maknaes’ room before heading down to the kitchen. Just as she predicted, Chaeyoung was fast asleep, half of her head sticking out of her blanket. She was lying on her side, her hair ruffled even though it was tied. (Recently, Chaeyoung had gotten a haircut, then had proceeded to get extensions, not liking her haircut because of the way the stylist and managers would scold her.) A stray curl of hair was resting on her cheek. Gently, Mina tucked it behind Chaeyoung’s ear, carefully as to not wake the younger up. Despite her efforts, the second Mina removed her hand, Chaeyoung stirred, and turned to face Mina. Immediately, a warm smile spread across her face. “Good morning,” she murmured, reaching up to caress Mina’s cheek. “You have no idea how amazing it feels to wake up and see the most beautiful person you’ve ever known first thing in the morning.”

 

Mina blushed, averting her eyes. She couldn’t do anything, though, when Chaeyoung slowly got to her feet and kissed Mina softly. “Seriously,” she said, her lips curving against Mina’s; an indication that she was smiling. “It’s the best thing ever.” She stepped back, sighing in pleasure and happiness. “What did I do to deserve you? How did we ever meet?”

 

“It all started with a hi and a hello,” Mina replied, recalling the day they first met as trainees, when Chaeyoung greeted Mina and Mina politely greeted her back. “And if it’s the best thing ever, then you should wake me up tomorrow.”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head fiercely, protesting. Mina didn’t miss the way her face flushed, though. “No thanks. You wake up too early. I need my sleep.”

 

“Sure you do,” Mina muttered, rolling her eyes. She laughed as Chaeyoung shot her a dirty look, the two walking side-by-side out into the hallway and down to the kitchen. “Screw you, Myoui. You’re so mean!”

 

“Aww, are you like TT now?” Mina teased. (Was she really incapable of teasing? Not when it came to Chaeyoung.) Chaeyoung pouted and made the TT gesture, then grinned and entered the kitchen. “By the way, where’s Nayeon? Is she still sleeping?”

 

“No, I’m right here.” Mina turned around, only to confirm that Nayeon was there – and she was, sitting on the couch with a cup full of coffee in her hands. Nayeon gave Mina a grin, and Mina couldn’t help but to return it. “You’re already awake, Nayeon?”

 

“Nayeon unnie,” Nayeon corrected, standing up and making her way to the kitchen, where Chaeyoung was rummaging in the cabinets and the refridgerator. “Everyone else dropped honorifics, but I want you to keep them.”

 

“Is there anything to eat?” Chaeyoung quickly butted in, as to save Mina from an awkward conversation. Mina smiled, appreciating the gesture, as Nayeon replied. “Well...there’s cereal, but I bet you’d love to eat something else.”

 

“What?” Chaeyoung asked curiously, stopping in her rummaging and turning to face Nayeon. Mina did the same, walking over to stand beside Chaeyoung. She knew what was coming, though; a bad joke. Probably a dirty one. That’s all Nayeon did anymore, really.

 

“P, U, S, S, Y,” Nayeon smirked. “You know. Possible rejection. Unrequited love. Seeing her with someone else. Sobbing in your room. Your feelings hurt.”

 

Mina internally sighed. A Nayeon classic when it came to tease wars. Dirty yet hurtful. Nayeon had obviously known what Chaeyoung was going through when Mina and Nayeon were dating. Either that, or she had figured it out.

 

It didn’t seem to faze Chaeyoung, as she looked fed up. “Yes, of course, I love eating ,” she snapped. “I eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Seriously, Nayeon. What is there?”

 

Mina stifled a laugh – god knows how the other members would’ve reacted, Jeongyeon probably would’ve ruffled Chaeyoung’s hair and praised her for this ‘original comedy’ while the others would just howl in laughter – but Nayeon let it out, a short burst of laughter before she cut it off and matched Chaeyoung’s seriousness. “Cereal. Coffee. In the third cabinet to the left.”

 

Chaeyoung curtly thanked Nayeon and moved to the third cabinet, pulling out a box of cereal and a container full of ground coffee beans. She turned to Mina, holding both items up. “Which one?”

 

Mina wordlessly pointed to the container, and Chaeyoung nodded, returning the box of cereal to the cabinet. “I’ll just have whatever you’re having,” she said, pouring the ground coffee beans into their coffee machine. “We can share from one cup,” she added, winking at Mina.

 

“Wh-what? How would that even w-work?” Mina spluttered, once again sent into a fluster. Chaeyoung winked again, then immediately gestured towards Nayeon. Mina turned to face Nayeon, who was – thankfully – on the phone with...with Jihyo, it seemed. The older girl noticed Mina and Chaeyoung watching and smiled pleasantly at them, handing the phone over. “Jihyo would like to speak to you.”

 

Exchanging a worried glance with Chaeyoung, Mina took the phone and put it on speaker mode, tentatively greeting Jihyo. “Hi, Jihyo unnie.”

 

“Are you two insane?” Jihyo yelled. Mina quickly turned speaker mode off and held the phone up to her ear, glancing at Chaeyoung – who had flinched and now was shuddering – and at Nayeon, who was back in her spot on the couch, whistling loudly. “What do you mean, insane?” Mina whispered, hoping to dear god Jihyo wouldn’t scream again, because this time it would rupture Mina’s eardrums.

 

Jihyo screamed again.

 

“You two have a death wish, don’t you?” Good old Jihyo, Mina thought exasperatedly, but she didn’t speak up. Jihyo rattled on. “I get that you and Chaeyoung are dating, I get that you’re guilty for chaeting on Nayeon –”

 

“Not you too, unnie!” Mina groaned. Jihyo chuckled, then returned to her scolding tone. “You could’ve apologized and settled it the old way! Instead of accepting Nayeon’s teasing challenge, or whatever it is! There’s no way you’ll get out of this unhurt!”

 

Mina sighed. “We know. Where are you and the others?”

 

“Staying in a hotel in Japan,” Jihyo promptly replied. “I’m the only one in the hotel right now, the others went out for breakfast. We’re flying back in an hour or two. Listen, Mina, you and Chaeyoung have just about four hours to handle Nayeon. I promise, once we’ll get there, we’ll handle it. And one more thing!” Mina could just hear the warm smile Jihyo was no doubtedly sporting at that point. “I support you and Chaeyoungie together. None of us have any problems with it. We’re just worried for Nayeon. She recovered and she’s not as sad anymore, but...without Jeongyeon and Momo to handle her, god knows what she’ll do. Hang in there, okay?”

 

“Alright,” Mina said, warmth coursing through her veins. Jihyo certainly knew how to make someone feel better. “Bye, then.” She hung up, and handed the phone back to Nayeon. “Thanks.”

 

“It’s cool,” Nayeon grinned. “Shall we go out somewhere after this?”

 

Mina felt a hand on her back. She slightly turned and saw Chaeyoung standing beside her, holding a cup of coffee. Silently, she handed it to Mina, who took it, and, in two brisk strides, headed over to Nayeon. “Where?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know, maybe the library,” Nayeon shrugged, still smiling that sick smile of hers. Chaeyoung’s eyes narrowed, and she nodded. “Fine. Three hours for the library, then we’re back.” She whirled around and stormed off to her room, gesturing for Mina to follow. Mina did, but not before she heard Nayeon’s whisper:

 

“Three hours for our war. And I’ll win.”

 

...Was it just Mina, or had this gotten more serious than it originally was?

 

Now all they could do was hang in there until the other members came back.

 

And the chances of them surviving until then?

 

Extremely low.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm such an lmao i come back to update this after a whole month sorry ;-; writer's block PLUS i've been working on other things but don't worry! i haven't forgotten about y'all and i never will

*for those of you reading Lost -- fear not! i'm working on it right now and will hopefully update next week if i don't procrastinate. it's pretty close to the ending owo*

was tryna make this family friendly but then i went too far with the joke, whoops...

please stay with me until the end! i promise we'll get there in due time! :D