Guilt and The Truth

Mina's Been Chaeting
 

3 Weeks Later

 

Mina

 

Mina was glad Nayeon wasn’t here.

 

Mina was very glad Nayeon had locked herself up in a different room. And that she wouldn’t come out for the next three hours.

 

Because if Nayeon was here, she’d be horrified.

 

Mina was in Chaeyoung’s room. And the two of them were cuddling.

 

Yes, that’s right.

 

Mina actually loved Chaeyoung.

 

At first, Mina thought Nayeon was the one for her. She enjoyed being with Nayeon. She “loved” Nayeon.

 

Turns out she was wrong.

 

A few days after Mina had bought all those snacks (Chaeyoung kept complaining about it but Mina noticed that all the snacks were slowly disappearing...), Chaeyoung had appeared in Mina’s room. Nayeon had gone to meet JYP, so it was just Mina and Chaeyoung. Mina was using her phone, and Chaeyoung had been watching that pathetic excuse for a drama.

 

Until she appeared in the doorway of Mina’s room.

 

Mina looked up from her phone. “Oh, hi, Chaeyoungie. What do you want?”

 

Chaeyoung leaned on the wall, avoiding Mina’s gaze. “Um...well, I kind of wanted to spend time with you.”

 

Mina raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

 

“D-don’t take me wrong!” Chaeyoung spluttered, her face turning a bright shade of red. “It’s just that...well, you know, you’ve been with Nayeon a lot lately, and I never got to talk to you...I just want to have a casual conversation, is all.” She tucked a strand of her jet black hair behind her ear. “I mean, if it’s okay with you.”

 

“Of course it’s fine,” Mina said warmly, putting her phone down. She patted the space beside her. “Sit.”

 

Chaeyoung hesitantly headed over and sat down, tense, like she was unsure about the whole thing. Mina laughed and placed a hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “Chaeyoung, it’s okay, Nayeon won’t get the wrong idea if she saw what was going on. I’d tell her what we’re actually doing.”

 

Nayeon.

 

“I wanted to talk to you about something, too,” Mina confessed. She wasn’t sure if she really wanted to discuss it with Chaeyoung, though. No. I do. She’s a good listener. And we’re close. She’ll understand.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t say anything. When Mina looked up, Chaeyoung was gazing at her expectantly, her arms crossed, her eyebrows slightly furrowed. That was the sign for Mina to start talking. “I don’t think I love Nayeon anymore.”

 

Chaeyoung’s jaw dropped. “WHAT?”

 

Guilt flooded Mina’s mind as she spoke. “I don’t know. I don’t feel the same way towards her anymore. Before, I really liked to be with her. I enjoyed talking to her. I loved everything about her. But...I don’t think she’s the right one for me. I lost all emotion towards her when everyone left.”

 

“Which was literally a month ago,” Chaeyoung pointed out. “You haven’t loved her. For a month.”

 

Mina hung her head, unable to meet Chaeyoung’s eyes, afraid that they’d hold anger, suspicion, or something worse... “I’m sorry. I just...it was a little crush. And I couldn’t refuse Nayeon when she asked me out. I loved her so much back then. But then I realized it was a small crush. Nothing big. And I couldn’t get myself to tell her that I didn’t want to date her anymore. I was scared her feelings would be hurt. I’m sorry, I’m so sorry...you can tell Nayeon if you want, I won’t do anything...”

 

She felt a warm hand on her own hand.

 

Chaeyoung raised Mina’s chin up with her hand, and looked her in the eye. “I won’t tell her,” she murmured. “I won’t tell anyone. Not unless you’re okay with it. I’ll keep it to myself. Okay, Mina? I won’t say a word. I understand. It was a small crush, and you made a mistake by agreeing to date her. You can fix the mistake, though, and tell Nayeon everything. She won’t get angry at you, though I can’t guarantee her feelings won’t be hurt. After all, I know she loves you a lot, and getting rejected by the one you love...well...that’ll hurt.”

 

Mina shook her head, grasping Chaeyoung’s hand. “No...I can’t tell her. Not now. I just...I won’t feel comfortable at all. I’ll feel beyond guilty. I don’t want to right now.”

 

“Who said you have to do it now?” Chaeyoung said softly, brushing Mina’s hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ear. “It’s your call, Mina. You do it whenever you want to. I have no say in this. When you’re comfortable, then you do it. Alright?”

 

Mina smiled.

 

And that’s when she noticed...something was going on.

 

Her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest, it was pounding so hard.

 

She felt a wave of emotions every time she looked at Chaeyoung.

 

She wanted Chaeyoung’s hand to always be in hers.

 

No, she hadn’t noticed this just now.

 

“By the way...can I see your phone?” Chaeyoung asked, reaching for Mina’s phone. Mina grabbed it and placed it behind her. “U-um, not right now. There’s something I was watching...and it might close or something...”

 

Chaeyoung shrugged, a small smile on her face. “Okay.” She got up, patting Mina’s head. “It’ll be fine, Mina, don’t get too anxious. I’ll be here. You can talk to me whenever.” She left the room, probably to watch her “drama.”

 

Mina held her phone, tightly.

 

She didn’t want Chaeyoung to see what she had been typing.

 

To: Chaeyoungie

Chaeyoung...

I actually love you...

And I have loved you since the day I met you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just saying, i don't know when i'll be able to upload the next chapter, hopefully later this week...

yes this was a double update because i can

the next chapter will return to the present, nayeon locked in her room and mina and chaeyoung cuddling. there will be an explanation.

thank you for reading! criticism is appreciated.