Introduction To It All

Mina's Been Chaeting

It was the middle of August.

 

And the girls of TWICE were all spread out.

 

In other words, they weren’t together.

 

In more simple terms...well...

 

The girls had decided to take a vacation. They were exhausted from all their tours, and some of them had even gotten hurt. Visible bruises would show on their legs when they wore shorts. So they all spread out to different locations. Jeongyeon, Jihyo, and Dahyun, together, took a trip to New York. Momo and Sana went to visit their families in Japan. Tzuyu left for Taiwan. And that left Chaeyoung, Mina, and Nayeon.

 

Who were all staying in the dorm.

 

They had nothing to do and nowhere to go. Mina’s family was abroad as well, in Texas, but Mina didn’t want to spend too much money and go to America, when everyone else had just spent thousands of dollars going abroad. Chaeyoung’s family lived close to the dorm, but they were very, very busy, and Chaeyoung didn’t want to bother them. And Nayeon simply wanted to stay at the dorm and rest. She had twisted her ankle recently after a performance and she couldn’t imagine herself traveling to visit her family. (She had called them and informed them, and they approved of her decision.) What’s more, she wanted to keep the younger company.

 

Well, to be honest, it wasn’t that.

 

Nayeon was dating Mina.

 

The two had come out earlier that year. Mina came out first, and Nayeon decided to come out as well, inspired by the bold action made by the normally shy Mina. At first, the other members had been awkward around them. But slowly, as they realized Nayeon and Mina weren’t the type to openly flirt with people and they kept their uality to themselves, they became less awkward and their relationships returned to normal ones.

 

Then, a few days before the members took their trips, Nayeon and Mina started dating. That didn’t come as a surprise to the members. Nayeon and Mina had been very close over the past few months, even going on trips together. At one point, the choreography of

CHEER UP was changed so Mina and Nayeon would be closer. (Thankfully, it returned to normal after a few days.) Their relationship was accepted and no one was awkward.

 

And now, Nayeon was left with Mina and Chaeyoung, worrying if it would be awkward for Chaeyoung.

 

Nayeon was in her room, curled up on her bed. It was the middle of the day. Mina had gone to the store, and Chaeyoung was watching a drama. Nayeon could hear the lead heroine sobbing heavily with the sad music in the background. She personally liked dramas, but the one Chaeyoung was watching? Yuck. It got a low rating, for god’s sake! And yet here Chaeyoung was, watching the drama.

 

I should really go outside and join her, Nayeon thought, looking at the time on her phone. It had been two hours since she had locked herself in her room and started fretting about how Chaeyoung might feel awkward with the couple around. That’s a load of nonsense. I’m sure she’ll be fine, as long as we keep the skinship to a minimum...

 

Er, no. I’m not getting out of here just yet.

 

Nayeon decided to send texts to Jeongyeon and Momo, her go-to dating advisors. Momo had secretly confided in Nayeon that she was gay, and Jeongyeon had experience with both men and women. The two of them helped Nayeon out a lot, and Nayeon could use some more.

 

To: Jeongyeon Oppa

Help...you left me here with Mina and Chaeyoungie and I’m worried that Chaeyoung is going to feel really awkward. What do I do?

 

To: Momoring

I think Chaeyoung might feel awkward with Minari and me around. What do I do?

 

Sighing, Nayeon was about to turn her phone off, just when she also realized it had been an hour since Mina had left for the store. She sent a text to Mina as well.

 

To: Miguri <3

Minaaaa where are you??? It’s been an hour!!! What are you doing? Should I come check on you???

 

Nayeon’s phone made a sound, startling her. Momo and Jeongyeon had replied...and so had Mina!

 

From: Jeongyeon Oppa

oh ur having trouble??? hahahaha of course!! well i suggest just don’t act all lovey dovey around chaeyoungie too much but you can have some skinship and flirt a little bit, it’s not like she’s going to get scared lol

 

From: Momoring

don’t flirt around her. do it when ur alone.

hahahaha “do it”

ya u should do it and see how it goes

i bet miguri won’t let u tho hahahaha

 

From: Miguri <3

I’m trying to find a certain ingredient for tonight’s dinner. I can’t find it anywhere...

Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon. <3 <3

 

Nayeon heard footsteps outside and quickly replied back to the texts.

 

To: Jeongyeon Oppa

Thanks

And what made you think I’d have trouble, hmmm?

 

To: Momoring

Not funny Momo.

 

To: Miguri <3

If you don’t come in the next 20 minutes I’m going to get you!!!!

 

Just when Nayeon put her phone under her pillow, Chaeyoung knocked on the door. “Nayeon...”

 

“A-ah, coming,” Nayeon stammered, getting off of her bed and opening the door. She faced Chaeyoung, who was dressed in all black (?) and was holding her phone. She held her phone up, her freshly painted black nails glinting in the white light that protruded from the lamp in Nayeon’s room. “Mina says I should come pick her up...you wanna come?”

 

Nayeon stared at Chaeyoung for a few moments, startled. Why’d Mina ask Chaeyoung and not Nayeon? Chaeyoung didn’t even have her driver’s license yet! She quickly snapped out of it and nodded. “Sure, let me get ready.” She closed her door, not slamming it, but not exactly closing it gently, either. Nayeon waited for the sound of Chaeyoung’s footsteps fading away, then she took her phone out and quickly texted Mina.

 

To: Miguri <3

Why did you tell Chaeyoung to pick you up??? I could have you knowwww...I even have a driver’s license!!! Chaeyoung doesn’t!!

 

Nayeon immediately got a reply back as soon as she sent it.

 

From: Miguri <3

I had to tell Chaeyoungie something then I decided to ask her to pick me up because I knew she had to bring you along. There wouldn’t be any point of talking to her then to you, right? Well maybe there was but I thought it was faster. Come fast! I’m at the store around the corner, you know, five minutes away. I’m waiting~

 

Nayeon couldn’t help but smile. Adorkable Mina. Gets her everytime.

 

She pulled on jeans and a striped shirt, grabbed her phone, and headed outside, where Chaeyoung was waiting for her. She tossed the car keys over to Nayeon. “You’re a good driver, right?”

 

Nayeon tipped her head to the side, confused. Then she remembered – Chaeyoung had never been in a car Nayeon drove. She had only been with Jeongyeon and Jihyo. (Mostly Jeongyeon.) “In my opinion, yes. I mean, even Jeongyeon admitted my driving was good.”

 

“Thank god,” Chaeyoung sighed. “You don’t want to be with Jihyo. I can’t even describe how bad her driving is without feeling like I’m going to throw up.” She opened the car door, and sat inside, shivering. “Seriously. You’re lucky you never were in a car Jihyo drove.”

 

Nayeon laughed, getting inside. She inserted the keys and shifted out of park and to drive, backing up out of the parking lot and heading to the street. “The corner store is apparently where Mina’s at. I wonder what she got there?”

 

Chaeyoung shrugged. “I dunno. There’s a lot of snacks there, and not a lot of grocery items. Maybe we’re going to have chips tonight?”

 

Nayeon laughed again, but she didn’t reply. The rest of the drive was in silence, Nayeon driving and Chaeyoung texting someone on her phone. Probably one of the members abroad, Nayeon assumed, smiling.

 

They reached the corner store, where Mina was standing outside with two bags in her hands. They looked just about ready to burst, which concerned Nayeon. She got out of the car, Chaeyoung following. “Mina, how much money did you spend on these?”

 

Mina blushed, looking at her feet. “There were a lot of items that we needed...and also, I decided to stock up on snacks, so...you could say I spent a lot.”

 

Chaeyoung took the bags from her hands, grunting as she hauled them to the car. She got in the backseat while Mina sat down in the passenger seat and Nayeon returned to her seat. “God, Mina, why’d you get so much? I think we can survive on what we have right now.”

 

“God, Chaeyoung, why do you complain so much?” Mina playfully retorted. “You’d probably empty the whole fridge by tomorrow. Either you, or Nayeon.” She placed her hand on Nayeon’s free hand. Nayeon squeezed it briefly, then entwined her fingers in Mina’s. Like the drive to the store, the drive back was silent, but Nayeon felt less awkward about it and much more happier.

 

After all, I have my Minari at my side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

okay, so...this was just the introduction to it. A bit of minayeon fluff to start. It'll get more interesting with each chapter, just bear with me for now.

The updates might be irregular because school is starting soon ;-; and I won't have much time to update. I will be working on this fic as much as I can, though. 

I don't know how many chapters this will have. I'm thinking not many, but we'll see. 

For all of you here waiting for the michaeng, it's coming! And I apologize to any minayeon shippers, because minayeon won't last long!

...This is actually a nice change...I've been writing angst for a while and I've been getting so depressed lol

Thank you for reading, and I hope you stick around until the end!

(Criticism is appreciated.)