january 04th

love letters;

Dear Jeongmin,

        Today you took me to a music store and pointed out some of your favourite things there, sharing your opinions on both the products that had disappointed you and the ones you swore by. This moment almost felt intimate, to see you in your element, but being the only one lucky enough to view it this time. You weren’t up on a stage, you weren’t practicing for other people, you were instead reflecting on years of memories, and this was made clear by the haze in your eyes that said you were somewhere else. The world didn’t exist; it was just you, your passions, and your memories, and me, lucky enough to be allowed to view all of this intertwining. 

        We also hit a milestone today: our first coffee date. Although you wouldn’t consider it a date, would you? That’s okay, I’m willing to pretend that I view this as nothing but friendship if it means I’m able to continue to be by your side in any way possible. 

        When we were leaving the café, I pointed to your car and asked if it was yours, just to be sure, as we both know that I can be rather forgetful at times. You took the opportunity I accidentally laid out for you, and pointed to a truck and said that it was yours. You didn’t let it stop there, though. You went over to the truck and jokingly pulled the handle on the driver’s side, thinking nothing of your mischief, but, just your luck, the owner was sitting outside the café and began to yell at us. You laughed and told me to run, so run we did. Your mischief is intriguing; it doesn’t break rules and it’s purely for amusement, as opposed to my old friends--the ones you denounced--that went against rules purely for rebellion. I’ve been home for hours now, but the thought of what happened tonight is still hilarious. Thank you for making me smile so much. 
Love, 
Hyunseong