march 17th

love letters;

Dear Jeongmin, 
        The stress has been building: having to work overtime to cover the jobs of those too lazy to do their own, my mother nagging me to “finally” find a beautiful and competent wife, missing friends that have been out of touch and hard to reach, and the pressure of those that constantly tore me down. I vented all of this to you during a desperate, lonely, and admittedly blurry night. 

        I must say that although your sympathy is never unexpected, it surprises me every time and does my heart great good. You told me to take a breather and shrug off haters. You stressed the breather part, as I am a bit of a workaholic, especially when stressed. You’ve even checked up on me since then to ensure that I am indeed learning the correct definition of “relax”. 

        Although this advice doesn’t seem like very much, it’s so much more than my “friends” will do. They’ll point out that I look tired or that they can’t remember the last time I smiled, but never seem willing to do anything about it, despite always claiming that we’re good friends. Thank you for giving me the advice for things my friends never seem to care much about. Thank you for being there for me. 

Love, 
Hyunseong