{ Magic #2 }

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

It was the worst way to spend Christmas. Her almighty boss insisted that she worked overtime tonight to finish up his own paperwork which he had just thrown on her, literally speaking. She wouldn't even get paid more for missing out on some holiday fun because according to her boss, it was part of her "duties."

"He's insane!" She yelled at no one in particular. She ruffled her hair as she just couldn't believe that she would be stuck in her office while her friends are going to be partying all night, of course, without her. She knew she would have to face their oh-so-happy faces tomorrow and surely, they'll talk about how much fun they had the night before.

She sighed. Her energy is all drained as she continued to type endlessly on her keyboard, hoping that she would finish everything as soon as possible so that she could at least enjoy the last bits of Christmas, without work.

Taking a small break, she took a peak outside her window, which was like a little sweet escape for her to see all the glowing lights. "A little coffee break wouldn't hurt, would it?" She let out a soft giggle as she went and grabbed her mini purse. Humming along to the new Girls' Generation song, 'The Boys', she walked out of the office.

It was lively Christmas, but she could only let herself get a little glimpse of it before she had to lock herself up and work all night again. Everyone was having such a joyous night, except herself.  The thought of facing all those papers again, was enough to birng chills up her spine.

"I would like a cup of vanilla latte to go please." She ordered as she got out the money needed. From the corner of her eyes, she could spot a familiar figure. She already knew who it was.

"Yoo--" She cut herself before she could pronounce her entire name out when she realized that she was talking to a handsome looking man-- so much like the prince charming, her friend was always dreaming about. She smiled; she could already sense something unsual from her friend's previous "meetings". She smiled contently as she just knew that this time, it'd be different; she was happy for her.

Not wanting to let her best friend see herself and interrupt them, she quickly grabbed her ordered vanilla latte and literally fled the scene.

Once out of the cafe, she walked slowly back to the office, even though it was right across the street. She wanted to take her time before she had to go back to the dungeon deemed 'Changmin Law Offices.' and be tortured with superfluous amounts of work left waiting for her.

She sighed as she reached for her keys in her jean pocket, but to her dismay, it wasn't there. That was where she would always keep the keys. She had never put it anywhere else. Her panicking expression was clearly evident as she rummaged through her small purse to make sure she didn't just accidentally throw it in there. It wasn't there.

Without the key, she couldn't even enter the building. She was locked out. She mentally slapped herself for being so clumsy and forgetful while still trying to dig hole into her purse in order to find it.

"Sica!" A familiar voice called out to her. She turned around to meet the face of her best friend, Jonghyun.

Seeing her in this state, he knew there was something wrong. "Is everything alright?" He asked as he scanned her from head to toe.

She pouted as she began to pound her foot on the ground like a little girl who got her precious toy taken away. "I lost my key! This is seriously the worst Christmas ever!" She shouted with all her might. It was a rare sight to see the infamous Ice Princess, Jung Jessica, lose her cool. It was so unlike her usual self, which shocked the worried Jonghyun a bit.

A thought came to him. "Do you have your things?" He asked Jessica who had calmed down slightly.

"Then just leave it be! Come on, it's christmas, you deserve to have some fun!" He suggested. "I know a place." He extended his hand for her to hold.

Looking at his extended hand, it was so tempting, but she was still hesistant. She would be in a lot of trouble if Changmin found out that she hadn't been working overtime like he wanted-- more like demanded-- her to. But on the other hand, she didn't want to be the one who was stuck in an office all Christmas.

She grinned as she held onto his hand. Her face turned red as a tomatoe, but he didn't notice as he was already leading her to the place.

After a series of obstacles from avoiding the security guards to climbing up a door fence, they finally arrived at the place Jonghyun was talking about. It was the rooftop of a big company building. It had the entire view of Seoul; a relaxing place indeed.

"This is the place." He exclaimed as he stretched his arms out. "Do you like it?" He asked questioningly, hoping she would find this place as beautiful as he thought it was.

She simply nodded and beamed, taking in the sight in front of her. It was amazing. She had never felt this sense of freedom. She took in a breath of fresh air; this was everything she hoped for. Just as she thought it couldn't get any better, Jonghyun dragged her along the railings just in time to see the first batch of fireworks fly up in the air.

Unable to hide her excitement, she jumped up and down and laughed like a kid who just got some candy. "How'd you get fireworks?" She asked curiously as she was still amazed by the sight, such colorful and vibrant colors that rose up to the sky.

"I've got my connections." He smirked.

She stifled a giggle as she continued to watch the night sky fill with fireworks. Her eyes sparkled at the wonderous sight.

Taking this moment, Jonghyun cupped his hands around his mouth. "I LOVE YOU JUNG JESSICA! WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND?" He shouted with all his might. He didn't dare to face her for the fear that she might reject him right then and there.

Jessica turned to face him as her eyes widen. She couldn't believe what she just heard. Did he just confess? She asked herself. Her heart was racing and the next thing she knew, she was turning bright red.

Just as the fireworks began to die down, she whispered in his ear, "I've been waiting for you to ask me that for awhile now."

He turned to face her with a surprised look. He didn't expect her to feel the same as he did. The last time he checked-- or he thought he checked correctly-- she still referred to him as her best friend. Likewise, this whole confession was a big risk for him that he was glad he took. He rejoiced at his successful confession and in getting the girl of his dreams as he hugged and spun her around, until they both got quite dizzy.

Her smile was still so beautiful as he couldn't help himself, but kiss her like he had always dreamed of.

Under the moonlight, they shared a passionate kiss as they spent the last minutes of Christmas with each other, enjoying each other's presence and adapting to their new roles in each other's lives.

With the Christmas spirit still within them, Jonghyun walked her home while occasionally stopping to give her hugs and pecks on her cheeks. Until they finally arrived home which took double the time she usually takes, they bid their goodbyes as if they were going to part forever. She blushed again for the nth time that night as she gave him one last kiss to end the night.

Once in the house, she smiled brightly even when he was already gone. Remembering every moment they had spent together that night, she couldn't help, but smile foolishly again to herself.

As she reached for her keys in her jacket pocket, she smirked, almost evilly. She had the keys from the beginning.

But she trusted in Jonghyun to find the key to her heart.

"Oh how I love Christmas!"

 

-------

Here it is! It's longer than my first one! Hope you guys like it! Please do leave a comment! <3 - Christy