{ Magic #1 }

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

"A cup of caramel macchiato please!"

She sat in the inner corners of the cafe. It was her safe haven; just a little place where she could temporarily hide herself from the chaos of the bustling city of Seoul. Carefully tasting every sip of her caramel macchiato, she felt at ease.

Watching the winter snow fall upon the trees. Her eyes wandered upon a couple who walked hand in hand while throwing bashful glances at one another. She blushed at the sight. Such a wonderous time of the year where love is blooming vibrantly, even when the flowers are not.

The sounds of christmas music filling her ears, she couldn't help but sing along with all the original christmas songs that played every year as she encircled her hands on the cup and rubbed it to create warmth.

As the clock was ticking and with her frequent glances at her watch, her nervousness was unconcealable.

"Are you Im YoonA-ssi?" A sudden voice interrupted her as she turned around swiftly to seek the owner of the voice. Her eyes guided her to a handsome and charming man. He looked older than herself, but not by too much. His body build was just right, not too buff, but with a little muscle that showed that he had been working out.

Hmm...I didn't know umma had good tastes in guys. She thought as she giggled to herself. As she regained her composure after seeing him eyeing her weirdly. "You must be Lee Donghae-ssi then?" YoonA stood up from her seat as she offered her hand for him to shake.

He smiled. It was kind of mysterious in a way that YoonA couldn't seem to read what he thought of her. "Yes, it's nice to meet you." He spoke as he shoke hands with the comely girl in front of him. He too, took a good look at her. Her somewhat wavy long hair tied up into a ponytail. With a scarf around her neck, she was wearing a simple cardigan to go along with her white tee and navy blue jeans. Nice and simple. He thought.

They both sat down at their seats. An awkward silence filled the atmosphere, not like it wasn't expected of anyways.

He coughed; it seem more forced than natural. "Umm..so you own this place?" A sense of uneasiness was evident in his voice. His eye fixed on his fingers which were folded on the table. He just couldn't bring himself to look her in the eye for some reason. It was difficult to keep his cool around her as his heart beat was faster than usual awaiting for an answer.

"Yeah, I've always dreamed of owning a cafe like this and I'm glad I'm able to fulfill that dream." She smiled brightly as if the whole room was lit up just by her. "It feels amazing being able to bring warmth to people on days like these when they're feeling cold. A cafe is also a place for people to relax, work, and smile. It's also like a center for where people can meet new people, like me and you." She went on, but realized that she was speaking way too much in answering his simple question. "Sorry for talking too much. I always ramble on and on. Sorry." YoonA bowed feeling slightly embarrassed.

He grinned seeing that he had broken the ice slightly by his question. He was relieved and somewhat happy in a sense when he got to see her beautiful smile and the way she glows when she talks about her dream. "No worries! It's a pleasure to hear such a story about fulfilling your dreams. It's hard to find someone in this busy city to care about their dreams anymore." He pointed out.

YoonA nodded her head in agreement as she smiled again. It was even harder to find someone that understands this fact. "I want to be able to inspire someone." She said wholeheartedly. "That's my next goal."

Donghae couldn't possibly take his eyes off of her. It was funny how she was able to cast a spell on him when they've only met nearly 20 minutes ago. He couldn't believe than he had fallen deeply for a girl so simple, like Im YoonA. She wasn't like anyone he had met. There was no pretense, and no flirting, which many girls have approached him with which made him clearly uncomfortable.

"Enough about me, tell me about yourself, Donghae-ssi." She was delighted to get to know more about, maybe a little too delighted.

He smiled nervously. "Well, I have a dream, myself. I want to dance and sing onstage." His confidence seem to be eradicating by the second. His voice no longer carried that energy with which he had when he was listening to YoonA's story. "But it's just that umma doesn't want me to pursue a career path that won't bring me a steady future."His eyes stayed fixed on his hands.

Sensing his pain, YoonA knew she had to do something. It hurt her seeing his fallen expression. "I think you should continue on with your dream." She spoke her opinion firmly and with utmost sincerity. "It's better to give it a try than be sorry for not even giving yourself a chance. Live life with no regrets!" She practically scolded him like a sunbae, but in fact, he was 4 years older than she was.

Donghae's eyes widened. He was surprised to see her determination even when she was giving advice to himself. It warmed his heart, knowing that there was at least one person there that supported his dream. He was literally overjoyed, but only from within.

"Don't worry, I've got your back!" She beamed as she patted herself. "Have no fear, for Im YoonA is here!" She yelled a little too loudly which earned glares from other tables.

He couldn't help, but laugh out loud. From that point, he knew she would be the one.

The one who knew what he wanted, the one who would back him up, the one who was willing to fight for him, and the one who would be able to make him laugh at the most unexpected times. He was looking for her-- someone like her. "Thank you." He voiced as he couldn't help himself and took hold of her hands.

YoonA's heartbeat was abnormal, no, it was going at an insane rate. Her eyes continued to widen as her face became flushed. This was the first time, Im YoonA had this kind of an experience. Her mind went blank as she had no idea how to respond to this sudden act.

After he realized what he had done, he still didn't have the urge to let go of her hands. He couldn't, not with her, not ever.

"I don't believe in love at first sights, but I do when it's with you." He was sure the next time they meet, it wouldn't be the supposed "arranged" meeting that they had initially started with. It was funny how a concept that was so outdated would produce such a good result. Christmas surely is the time of year where love is blooming-- from where you least expected it.

"I think I'm gonna fall hard for you, Lee Donghae-ssi." She admitted.

"I already have."

 

-------

New one-shot will be posted tomorrow! I hoped you liked it~! -- Christy