{ Magic #4 }

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

She stared at him closely. How could a man keep his composure this well? She thought. The thought troubled her.

"Look at you, Jiyeon-ah." IU, her best friend, spoke up. "It's time you move on with your life!" She patted her as a way to comfort Jiyeon who was still staring at Seungho, the class president, the smartest guy in school, and the guy whom Jiyeon had the hugest crush on for the longest time, but he didn't even look back at her once.

It pained her, knowing that she wasn't who he was looking for. Of course, she did confess, like the numerous fangirls that did. But like what was said before, he didn't care about it at all, and Jiyeon was no exception. She wanted to be though; the one who would be beside him, the girl whom he would only look at, and the girl who would be deemed the girlfriend of Yoo Seungho.

But that was impossible.

Sometimes, she envied Pulip, her other best friend, who Seungho seems to be most comfortable with. She knew she could never be that with him. She let out a soft sigh. It's one of those days when she felt like giving up. Trying to be the 1% chance, isn't an easy thing. Pestering him whenever she got the chance and shouting out those mushy words 'Seobang!' out loud for everyone to hear wasn't a facile task, but she was more than willing to do so, even if he ignored her.

Turning her face to IU, she smirked. "You're just the same!" She pointed. "Aren't you going to give that lollipop to Wooyoung oppa for Christmas?" She reasoned as her best friend turned a bright shade of red. Jiyeon was happy for her best friend, at least Wooyoung oppa showed a bit of interest in her-- although IU herself did not know this.

"I'm going now." IU announced as she sprinted off with her pink lollipop in hand. Jiyeon could only smile as her friend was soon out of sight.

Her eyes darted back to Seungho's seat. But surprisingly, he was staring back at her. Her heart skipped a beat as she was staring back at him. Their eye-to-eye was a little too much for her to handle. The school bell rung just in time for them to both snap out of their little contest as she turned to face her notebook, which already had hundreds, if not, thousands of 'Jiyeon heart Seungho' doodled on it.

She tried paying her full attention to the teacher's lecture, but she knew she was just fooling herself. She was too paranoid at the fact that she was sitting 2 seats in front of him now, since they had recently moved seats just before break. She didn't dare to look back as she kept her eyes fixed on the board, but her mind on the guy who sat 2 seats behind her.

The day ended soon as she was busy looking for IU who was in another class, but she was nowhere to be seen. Just then, she received a text from IU saying that she couldn't go home with her.  Jiyeon smiled knowingly, feeling happy for her friend. "I guess I'll just go home by myself then."  She spoke to herself as she sighed and walked out the school gate.

Just as she was making the turn, she was stopped, by a silent, but audible voice. "Let's go together." Her head turned to find the owner of the voice, and it turned out to be the one and only, Yoo Seungho. Her shock was evident on her face as she pointed to herself and him back and forth to make sure he wasn't speaking to someone else.

He nodded as he proceeded to walk in that direction.

Her mind was a blur as she was still recovering from his words. It was overwhelming, to say the least. It didn't occur to her that he had already started walking until he was well on his way. She dashed to catch up with him; it wasn't an occasion she would ever want to miss out on-- no questions asked.

Her heart thumped loudly as she walked beside him; she was starting to think that the sound wasn't just heard by herself and that he could hear it as well, but it was just her little imagination. The route was quiet-- only their distinct footsteps could be heard. She was trailing behind him like a little fangirl while he walked with such propriety. She giggled at this once in a lifetime chance to walk alone with him-- as she thought; it was better than winning the lottery.

As her clumsy self, she tripped due to her full concentration on Seungho; she wasn't aware of what exactly she was doing. She whimpered from the pain. She had scraped her knee. It was bleeding a lot, but she restrained herself from yelping and crying with Seungho in close proximity.

Noticing that there were no longer footsteps trailing behind him, he turned to find a Jiyeon that was sitting on the ground while checking her knee. His face changed from the usual calmness to a worried look. He rushed over to her and examined her wound. "Aish, be careful, pabo!" He said as he got quite anxious.

She looked at him like a child who had just broken the rules and was awaiting punishment, but before she could even say a word, she saw him squat. "Get on." He spoke-- more like demanded.

Jiyeon shook her head. "I can walk with this. No need to trouble you." She tried standing up by herself, but her knee was scraped pretty badly so she was unable to stand properly.

"I don't want to repeat myself." He spoke with his cold voice, but somehow, there was a hint of concern.

Not wanting to make him mad-- or she thought, again, she reluctantly obliged. As she got onto his back, she felt like she was a burden already. She knew that she was heavy and didn't want him to get tired. It was her turn to get tense and worried.

Nonetheless, she smiled knowing that he did care about her.

As they all say, happy times do pass by sooner than those which we dread. It wasn't long before they arrived at her front porch. Disappointment wasn't enough to express her emotion as of then, but she reminded herself to be content. She got off his back carefully as she feared that he might get hurt from giving her a piggyback ride for too long.

She murmured a quick 'thank you' as she knew he might already be tired with her if she continued to nag him and pester him. She quickly turned to get into the house before she embarrassed herself again. But before she could do that she was stopped by his voice again.

"Wait." He spoke to stop her.

She turned around to meet his eyes. It showed how tired he was, she could surely tell.

He reached into his backpack and pulled something out. "Here, this is for you." He said in his usual montone voice; it was cold indeed. He handed her a milky-colored headband with a flower and beads fixated on it. A hint of pink was found on his cheeks. He stifled a grin when he saw her expression.

She gasped. Isn't this the one I had wanted to buy? Her brain wasn't functioning with her heart beating too fast for her to take control. It wasn't long before her lips curved up into a blissful smile. He had remembered that she had wanted to buy this headband a few weeks back, but she didn't want to waste money.

Her eyes started getting teary; it was his first gift to her. She couldn't hold back her emotions any longer as she hugged him tightly. With a light whisper, "Thank you, seobang. Merry Christmas", they shared a warming hug in the Christmas snow. She had achieved the impossible-- a little portion of it.

You're as cold as the winter snow during Christmas, but on the inside, you also bring warmth and joy to me.

I'm happy when it's snowing-- I'm happy as long as I'm with you.

 

----

Ayyy! I'm late again! Mianhae! I'll be releasing the last two one-shots very soon! Please wait for me! Hope you liked this!

- Christy <3