{ Magic #6 } - Final

Winter Magic-- Special Christmas Collection ☆★

"You are so childish! Thinking that you could win the heart of Wooyoung with just that crappy little lollipop of yours." A bunch of fangirls could not be underestimated for they had the power to destroy you, any way possible. They proceeded to throw the lollipop in her hand on the ground and took turns smashing it with their feet.

Her eyes widened as she watched the lollipop getting broken into pieces; it was as if her heart was doing the same. She knew what they were saying were true. How could someone as popular as Wooyoung, like her? She was just a normal student, with average grades and average looks.

It pained her every time these girls ganged up on her, not because of the physical harm they brought her, but because she knew that even though they were trying to ruin her, they were right that Wooyoung oppa would never reciprocate her feelings.

Nevertheless, her eyes started getting teary as she couldn't do anything, but watch them continue to smash her neatly prepared Christmas gift. She was helpless.

"What the hell are you guys doing?!" A loud shout shook the girls and IU. The girls were shocked at the fact that their precious oppa found out about their abusive behavior towards IU. They knew they were in big trouble as they all stared at one another, not knowing what to do or say.

His eyes showed his indefinite anger. It was so fierce that it made all of them flinched, including IU, herself. He scanned every one of them, remembering their faces. "Don't let me see you guys again. Now scram!" He yelled without any mercy left in him. As soon as they all scrambled off by his shout, he averted his eyes to face the slightly frightened IU.

His eyes then turned into those that were filled with concern and care. "Are you alright?" He asked ever so carefully as he gazed at her.

She could only nodd at him as she blushed. With her head faced down to prevent even more blushing, she mumbled a quick 'thank you' to him. She smiled that little smile and walked back to class, leaving him behind-- without looking back.

He could only watch her retreating figure-- he hadn't finish what he wanted to say-- as he looked back on the shattered lollipop left on the ground.

I'm only a burden to him.

--

The day was soon over. Classes were over and Christmas day was half over. IU could only sigh. Everything had gone very wrong, starting with the incident with the bullies and Wooyoung. The day wasn't getting any better as it progressed.

After texting Jiyeon saying that she couldn't accompany her back home, she walked home by herself. She needed time alone to think things over. She was physically tired and mentally tired-- her heart was tired. She didn't feel like going home just yet. It was Christmas, she didn't want to spend it at home.

Looking at all the Christmas decorations and lights, she couldn't help, but lighten up and smile. After all, Christmas was the most heartwarming holiday of the year. She sighed again, knowing that she'll be spending a lonely Christmas again this year. Carrying a heavy heart, she continued walking on the streets of Seoul.

It was getting cold, but she hadn't prepared the right clothes. She mentally scolded herself for being so careless. Although it was literally freezing, her desire to stay out overpowered it-- just for little more, then I'll go home. She reasoned to herself as she continued to roam around the city.

After wandering about and clearing her mind, she decided that it was time to go home. She thought it was enough for her; she had gotten her mind off of all the negative things that happened-- at least for little while. Her feet led her to the nearest bus stop as she sat down to wait for the bus to take her home.

While waiting, she couldn't help, but to shiver from the cold weather; a clear sign that it was still Christmas.

"You're gonna catch a cold." A familiar voice alarmed her as a boy approached her. He took off his coat and put it gently on her shoulder as he smiled with such warmth and care. After putting the coat on her, he proceeded to sit next to her.

She could only stare at his actions. She was shocked to see him there with her. Why is he being so nice to me? She wondered to herself. As if something just clicked, she remembered everything that happened today. A gush a emotions enveloped her as she tried distancing herself from him again, but without being too obvious.

Nevertheless, he caught her shifting slightly away from him. The atmosphere was getting awkward as she was only wanting for the bus to come and save her from this situation. Finally, he decided to break the awkwardness and silence by speaking up first. He gathered up all his courage as he did. "So you left today without listening to what I had to say." He said as he scratched the back of his head, clearly showing his nervousness.

She only looked ahead and not at him, fearing that she would waver again.

He closed his eyes for a bit to help himself gather the strenghth and courage to say what he was about to say. He regained himself quickly. "I just wanted to thank you for all the lollipops you've given me and that..."

"I'm in love with you."

Her mind went blank after hearing his words. She was not, in any way, prepared for his confession. She had thought that didn't feel the same way for her like she did for him. She was starting to think that this was all too good to be true. It must be a dream! She instinctively pinched her arm to make sure she wasn't, an action he took note of.

He chuckled. "You're cute." He told her as he leaned in to give the still-in-daze mode IU a kiss on the lips while not forgetting to wish her a "Merry Christmas." A sudden noise interrupted their little moment as fireworks were seen up in the sky. They both could only stare in awe and feel blessed to be with another during this wonderful Christmas night and enjoy such a view together.

With interlocked hands, they looked into each other's eyes once more as they shared another passionate kiss-- a Christmas kiss-- to warm themselves, not only physically, but in their hearts as well.

Under the Christmas fireworks, another pair is created. So this Christmas, remind yourself that you matter! Don't ever think about giving up because true love won't let you go so easily.

 

---

This is the end! I hope you all enjoyed this little collection! Please continue reading on~ 'Next' - Christy <3