Luhan

One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I pressed my hand against the cold window. Snow had covered the earth in a thick white blanket. In only a few short moments that pure color would be tainted in a glistening red. The door to my room opened. I steeled myself, refusing to show my fear. Today was the day that the snow would be stained with blood.

My blood.

The guards took my arms and pulled me away. They wore protective gear on their arms and masks on their face. "How's the bite?" I chuckled at my own joke. Last night I took a good chunk of his arm when they man handled me. I wouldn't be a willing sacrifice like the girls before me.

Every year on the first day of the white covered ground a of 21 would be sacrificed to the pureblood vampire. There was only one pureblood and the rest were created by him. They could survive off of anything, even animals. But the story was that the pureblood vampire, Luhan, only fed once a year. Turns out he has a picky appetite.

The cold air rushed my face. Two vampires waited on me and took me from the human guards. Already I could feel the difference in their grasps. Felt more like iron shackles. I tugged a little, just to test out my opening for an escape. It was my first time outside in nearly a year. Neither vamp looked in my direction. I sighed and went for small talk.

"Nice night." Nothing.

"Soooooooo, this pureblood of yours, is he cute?"

The one on my right glanced at me. I gave a little 'asa' in my head. At least I knew he was listening. "Doubt it. He's what, 1,000 years old?" I gave a little shiver. "Probably nothing but sagging skin and creaking bones." The grasp on my wrists tightened. I winced. So, no to insults. Noted.

"Enough talk." The leftie spoke. He had that typical vampire look. Pale, smooth skin. Brown eyes that could one could drown in. Not to mentioned completely gorgeous. He flipped his bangs to the side. "We're almost there."

Couldn't they have brought a horse? All this walking through the thick snow was killer on the thighs. Its not like I tried very hard to be fit. Why bother when I was raised to be food? Seemed like a complete waste.

"Can't we take a break? My legs are killing me." I stopped moving them on purpose to put a little dead weight on their hold but they didn't budge but just continued to drag me. It was worse so I picked my legs back up.

They were truly unweilding. How irritating.

At this rate I would need to find an escape after arriving. But I couldn't even escape from my room in the tower, how much harder would this be? Before I had human guards, now it was vampires. They were faster, could hear more, even had better eyesight at night. It was clear why they were the dominant species on this planet.

Eventually I dozed off. That was a huge mistake. Not only did my legs feel like bricks from being dragged through the cold but we had arrived.

The castle was daunting. The shadow of it laid before me. It was then that I panicked. With all the strength I could muster I fought them. This was my only chance to escape. If I didn't get away now my life would be over.

Thoughts filled me.

What if it wasn't over quickly?

What if he dragged it out and drained me of my life over time?

I couldn't handle a reality like that. If he didn't kill me immediately then I would take my own life. In fact I would take my fate in my own hands.

With that resolution I bit down on my tongue, hard. Blood filled my mouth and tears welled in my eyes from the pain. The vampires immediately let go of me. In my deliriousness I stumbled. I spit out the blood and jumped to my feet. If the stories about vampires were true then I would only have a few more seconds until their blood lust kicked in.

"That wasn't very wise of you." Before I could even make a break for it, strong arms scooped me up. I kicked and scratched but it was useless.

"No!" I screamed. The taste of blood choked me. I didn't have anymore energy to fight. His kept me secure to his chest as he walked by the other vampires and into the castle.

They never attacked but I saw their eyes, bright red with hunger. I looked up at the stranger carrying me. His eyes weren't red, in fact he seemed completely unfazed by the smell of blood. Was he human?

No. His strength felt like their's and his skin was freezing.

"Rest." He whispered. "Rest."

Immedietly my eyes started to droop. My limbs felt heavy and I laid my head on his shoulder.

 

 

I woke again in a room. It was surplrisingly warm. I was buried in mounds of covers and an IV was hooked up to my arm. My tongue felt swollen and huge. I really did a number on it.

"Don't try to get up." I blinked and squinted in the darkness. I could only see two shiny eyes. Like a predator and I was the prey. "What's your name?"

I turned away and looked anywhere but where he was. My tongue could be a good excuse to stay silent.

"I'm Luhan."

My eyes darted back over in a panic. That name...I knew that name. He was the Pureblood vampire, the ruler. He was the reason I was here. The reason I was going to die young. Fear gripped me. He closed his eyes like he knew what was going on in my head. Before I could even make a move to rip the needle from my arm and make a run for it, he was hovering over me.

"I"m not going to do anything to you tonight." He pushed me back down on the bed and straightened the covers around me.

"Why?" I squeaked.

Luhan looked at me with cold eyes. "You lost a lot of blood." He leaned down and pressed his lips against my ear. "I don't like being robbed of my meal."

I couldn't breathe. He left after that and I was too scared to try and move.

 

Luhan's POV

I left the room and placed my back against the closed door. She smelled just like her. Time had taught me that some were born again, that once lost they could always be found. I could only dream that I found her again. If it was her she wouldn't remember. I would have to bring her past life to the surface. She had to remember me. I was tired of being alone.

"Your Highness." Kai bowed. "We have some issues with the border."

I glanced at the door. It would be a few days before she was ready, I could leave her in peace for now. "Take me there."

End of POV

 

The next day was quiet. I wasn't going to complain. Luhan never showed his face and I enjoyed a roam around the castle. It was colder than the one I came from and everyone I passed by didn't even glance my way. Maybe it was because of the scary vamps trailing me like guards. I didn't know the rules of this place but I'm sure they were bloody and horrendous.

I looked around for awhile but there really truly wasn't a way out. It seemed the only way of escape was to kill myself. I had already learned that loss of blood wasn't a good choice. It would have to be quiet and quick. I doubt they kept poison lying around. Even if they did the guards would catch me before I could swipe some.

 

The day after was the same, except this time I remained in my room (which was Luhan's) and read books. They had plenty to choose from. Where I was before they didn't let me read any stories, only the history of vampires. Bo-ring. It was nice to escape to a world that wasn't my own.

 

Two weeks went by in a blur. Luhan never showed his face again and I started to wonder if this was my fate. Had I went through all I did only to live my life in solitude? Not counting the two bodyguards, of course. I had tried talking to them multiple times but they always refused to speak or even look me in the eye. That was fine, I guess. Although the silence was starting to get to me.

 

I was lonely. One whole month of speaking to no one. I felt like crying. The only two attempts I made to rid myself of this were stopped before I could even try. I gave up. At this rate, I would die of loneliness. At least in the old castle they spoke to me.

It was night and I buried myself in the covers. I had been asleep for many hours until the door to the room opened. It wasn't normal for them to enter my room while I slept. I kept my eyes closed. The figure moved in close and before I knew it they were under the covers with me, pulling my body close to theirs.

"If I wasn't so tired I would eat now, so you'll have to forgive me." Luhan's voice was sluggish. I kept as still as a log. He had wrapped both of his arms around me. His body was freezing. I was too scared after that to sleep. For the rest of the night I kept wide awake.

That is until a soothing voice started to whisper in my ear and I found myself falling into a sound sleep.

 

When I woke there was a heavy weight on my chest. Luhan's head was tucked under my chin and our limbs were tangled together. What do I do? He was too heavy to move and I was freaking out. I figured I should calm down and try to enjoy something out of this. When he wakes up, I'm certain that would be the end for me. That only made my heart beat faster.

"Can't you control that thing a little more? The pulse is too teasing."

I gulped.

"Relax. I won't do anything to you this morning. I'm not an early riser and have no strength right now."

What was the point of dragging this out? Unless...I was raised in that castle for 21 years and I was here now. Which means that they would be raising another girl until she turned 21. Did that mean I would be here for 21 years until the next girl was ready?

Tears unwillingly started to pour down my eyes. He shifted and leaned over me.

"Are you that scared of me?" His stare was intense. Not only that but it was lonely. I hated that I could see how obvious it was.

"I don't want to die." I sobbed.

"When did I ever say I was going to kill you? Didn't you know? You're the last one."

The last one? What did that mean? He must have saw the question in my eyes.

"I don't need much to satiate my thirst. You'll last until the end of my days."

I couldn't help but ask. "Aren't vampires immortal?"

He stayed quiet for a moment before answering. "Until we choose death." Luhan pulled away from me then. For some reason I thought I had heard those words before. They seemed familiar. How was that possible?

The side of my head started to hurt but I ignored it. The crying had given me a headache.

 

I went to the gardens later that evening. Luhan hadn't approached me anymore that day. Even with him in the castle it still felt like I was alone. The lavender was my favorite to sit near. The aroma calmed me.

"This spot was her favorite too." I looked up. It was Luhan.

"Who?"

"My wife."

That shocked me. He didn't seem like the type to have a lover. Although, that would explain the lonely expression on his face. I hadn't seen her so I could only assume.

"May I ask where she is?"

"Somewhere far away from me."

He came and sat next to me. "What did they call you?"

I blinked. It was the first time anyone here had asked for my name. "They didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter