Never Be the Same

One Step Two Step

Monday morning come, Kihyun woke up from an unusual warm embrace around him. He thought it was the blanket that made him warm, so he just smiled and decided to sleep again. But as soon as he turned around, he swore he could scream his lungs out when he saw Hyunwoo was the one made him warm all night long.

Those naughty kids, just wait ‘till I get up and splash cold water on your faces!

Suddenly he facepalmed himself for ‘cursing’ the kids on early morning, realizing he couldn’t do anything to change this. Quickly he forgot about that and started to admire the sleeping person in front of him. Cute little eyes, sharp jawline with broad shoulders—the one he envy the most, such a real picture of a perfect man. Hyunwoo slowly opened up his sleepy little eyes and they both made an eye contact which made Kihyun shocked.

“So, have you done admiring me?”

“N-no, I’m not looking at you, I’m j-just…”

Uh, I can’t hide this! I literally stuttered in front of him!

“I’m just looking at y-you, uh, no no I mean…”

“I knew it~ You just can’t lie, huh?”, Hyunwoo said with quite a raspy voice—it’s still 6.30AM tho.

Oh my his morning voice is just…(gulp), am I blushing again?!

“Ya, why are you blushing?” he said with a little laugh, “But anyway good morning to you babe~”

“Morni- Ya! I said don’t call me like that!”

“No getting angry and no shouting in the morning, okay? Let’s just sleep more~”

He pinched his cheek to stop Kihyun from getting angry again—and he blushed so it worked. Then he put his arm around the little one’s waist and pulled him into a hug. Kihyun was surprised at the action and blushed again furiously.

He was always the first to did this sweet things, so I’m gonna go with something. God, help me this time!

When he saw Hyunwoo started to get sleepy again, Kihyun bravely kissed his lips, just a quick kiss. Being off-guard, Hyunwoo was too surprised; he dropped off the bed while his hand was on his lips. (the bed is small enough for two people). Kihyun who saw that just laughed his a off and helped him to get up with his small hands.

“Ya Kihyun-ah you—how dare you?!” he said jokingly.

Hyunwoo was still flustered but seeing Kihyun was laughing at the whole situation, making him hugged the younger one tightly and kissed his neck. Kihyun giggled at it and just enjoying the warm hug. Both of them just hugged each other without exchanging words. Hyunwoo just couldn’t handle Kihyun’s cuteness so he kissed the little boy for many times, on his cheek, his hair, his little nose, his neck again. Kihyun laughed non-stop because it was ticklish and he hit Hyunwoo’s arm playfully to break away from his hug. For the last time, Hyunwoo finally pulled him again and kissed the shorter one’s lips, making Kihyun blushed again. They snapped back to ‘reality’ and realised it’s already 7AM! Kihyun grabbed his clothes and a towel, quickly got out the room to hide his tomato-like face.

“My pretty boy, where are you going? I still miss you~”

“Hyung, flirting is not the one for you. Come on, we’re gonna be late! Just shower already!”

All of them were done with preparing and loaded the car with luggage. In a short time they arrived at the airport without any fans waiting. They felt a little empty, but relieved too so they could enjoy this as a real vacation. At the boarding room, the other boys started gossiping with the ‘innocent’ mind of them.

“Are mom and dad doing something in the room this morning?” whispered Wonho

“Ya hyung! It’s too early in the morning!” whispered Hyungwon, slightly disgusted at the topic.

“But, it’s possible if you just can’t handle it anymore~” said the maknae with a smirk on his face.

“Aigoo, this is not the right topic for a little boy like you~” ,Jooheon flicked Changkyun’s forehead and ruffled his hair.

“Ah hyung come on~ we are just two year apart!” said Changkyun while hitting his hyung chest playfully.

“So, is it right they just can’t handle it anymore? Kihyunnie-hyung?” questioned Changkyun ‘innocently’.

Kihyun who heard all of it all the time finally spoke, “Ya! Stop talking non-sense! You guys shouldn’t talk about things like that, it’s not good! And how dare you talked like that about your hyung, huh?” But he suddenly blushed because he just said the one they were talking about was himself and the leader. “Oh-ho so hyung knew what we talked about? We should just exchange roommate already~!” teased the youngest one, making Kihyun wanted to slap this naughty boy.

Hyunwoo just laughed at angry-but-flustered Kihyun and flicked Changkyun’s forehead for being naughty. “Changkyun-ah, you are not allowed to talk about bad things like that and don’t do that to mom again, okay?” All of them laughed at the ‘mom’ nickname, making Kihyun blushed more. All of them said ‘Awwwww’ again and Jooheon shouted “Just make it official already! I’m on your side!”

“Wah, so Monbebe already predicted this with ‘mom’ and ‘dad’ nickname? Cool!” said Wonho

“Yeah that’s right! Waaah our Monbebes will be happy about this!” said Hyungwon.

“It’s the best family trip ever with mom,dad and 4 lovely brothers!” shouted Changkyun happily.

Changkyun didn’t forget to look on Jooheon when he said ‘4 lovely brothers’, making Jooheon hugged the youngest and pinched his chubby cheeks. They all laughed happily about their very own ‘family’ and Kihyun finally showed the beautiful smile of his for the precious boys in front of him.

They arrived safely on Jeju-do and they went to Hamdeok Beach, having fun like little kids. Wonho threw some water to Hyungwon and he got mad—starting to chase Wonho. Wonho laughed with his infectious laugh and ran around the beach. Hyungwon finally caught him and said “I’m going to hold you forever~”. Shocked from a sudden change from his boy, Wonho hugged him and turned him around like the one in the movies.

Jooheon who saw it said “Ha! Said the one who teased Kihyun the most~ Whoo all of us are in love, baby!” Jooheon and Changkyun played with the beach ball and had fun building sand castle. Minhyuk sometimes join those two kids but mainly he enjoyed taking pictures of their holiday and of course, a selfie for his own with an emerald-colored sea behind him.

Hyunwoo and Kihyun were standing from afar, watching ‘their kids’ having fun, smiling and laughing. If someone was seeing this, they would think this is a real family vacation. Hyunwoo suddenly placed his hand on Kihyun’s shoulder and said,

“Kihyun-ah…thank you so much..”

“Thank you for what~”, he blushed on ‘Kihyun-ah’ and punched the older one playfully.

“For being my boyfriend. Or should I say being my ‘wife’? It means so much to me..”

“But I never say ‘yes’ before, and you never confessed to me~”, he blushed again because ‘wife’ seems like a serious thing.

“We already did when me and you said those ‘I love you’ everyday~”

“Stop it Hyunwoo-yah! I’m blushing again~”

“Ya! How dare you called me without hyung, huh? Come here you little--!”

Kihyun set a mocking face and got away quickly. Hyunwoo ran to caught him and the others laughed at both of them. They started chasing each other and when Hyunwoo caught his small figured boy, he hugged him tightly. Heavy breathes were catching up and their heartbeat became one. They dropped their body on the sand and saw the blue clear sky above.

“Thankyou for loving me back hyung…although it requires a few times of blushing and turning red…”

Hyunwoo laughed remembering how much Kihyun blush every time he made a step towards him.

“Now you’re talking! I love you so much Kihyun-ah!”

“I love you too hyung, soooo much~ Now you can kiss the bride!”

“W-what, y-you thought this was a marriage ceremony?”

“Because you’re the dad and I’m the mom I guess?”

“If that’s what you want…”

Hyunwoo suddenly pulled Kihyun to get up and grabbed both his hands. They were standing in front of each other and looking at each other’s eyes. Hyunwoo let out a smile and kissed the younger one’s lips. This time, the kiss lasted long enough for the other boys to notice. The boys started to hum typical wedding songs and started to throw sands instead of flowers. Kihyun felt his tears rolling down and quickly wiped it. Hyunwoo who saw it just hugged his boy in a loving embrace, patting his back.

“I now pronounce you as mom and dad! Congratulations!” said Wonho acting as the priest.

Kihyun wiped his tears and smiled at Hyunwoo. Seven of them united in a warm-loving hug of a family. “Thankyou guys, you are the best!” said Kihyun to the boys. “Maybe you should call us child already, mom~” said Changkyun playfully. “Ya don’t rush this! I’m not ready, okay?” said Kihyun with slight an annoyed tone. Changkyun who’s aware of that just ran and hugged his ‘mom’—not forget to smile widely at him. Smiles and laughs filled up the whole family as they continue to play on the beach.

After some hours of playing, all of them were lying on the warm sand, admiring the view in front of their eyes. Beautiful sunset painted the sky with bright orange and a slight yellow, blue ocean waves crushed into the stone, the wind blew slowly on the coconut trees. Once again, they smiled by themselves, realizing how lucky they were to have each other.

 

Love will make your life colorful—just like Monsta X ‘family’ in this story. Like a rollercoaster with ups and downs, your love story will be such an exciting chapter in your life. With the one you love the most, not just holiday— but every day of your life will never be the same again.

[THE END]

 

 

 

 

 

Ps: first of all I’m sorry if some of you guys think the story has a similar condition or similar nickname from the other fanfics. It’s bcs I have read so many showki fanfics and it became my inspiration for this! This is the end of the story (with amazing 1600+ words), so thanks to the ones who has read this until the end! Love you all!^^