Chapter 3

The Cold Wolf

CHAPTER 3


Your conversation with the Oh family didn’t take a long time because they needed to greet other guests too but what you can conclude is Mr and Mrs Oh are very cute and nice couple, Sehun is two years older than you are yet he started working early because he skipped grades and also he is very quiet. The whole time you were talking to his parents, he never really said anything unless he needed to. The dinner ended after 2 and a half hours later which you’re so happy to go home and meet your bed again. You and your parents are on your way to the car when you noticed Sehun talking to other guys around the same age as he is or older but you didn’t pay attention to them because your mom’s listing out all the chores you have to do.

Sehun was on his way to his car when his friends decided to tag along with him. “Hey, who’s that girl you went inside the ballroom with? She’s pretty cute.” “Mr Park’s daughter. Saw her when I was on my way to the ballroom.” Sehun shrugged and then he saw you walking to your car with your parents. His friends quickly noticed how their friend wasn’t paying attention to their questions and followed his gaze. “Hey, that’s her.” The oldest of the bunch said while looking at Sehun after glancing at you. “You’re interested in her aren’t you?” Sehun hummed, smiling a little. “She’s a unique one.”

The next morning, you wake up to the sound of your alarm. You really want to sleep in but you remember that you have so many chores to do especially since your mom is out the whole day which means you need to cook lunch and dinner. Your dad is probably already at his office by now. You’re an early bird but your parents are even earlier than you are. You have your breakfast on your own, not failing to notice your mom’s post it notes regarding your chores and what to buy for groceries. When you’re getting ready, you receive a call from your dad. “Hello?” “Hi princess, would you mind doing your old dad a favour?” You laugh hearing his imitation of an old grandpa’s voice. “What is it?” “I forgot to bring a document that I left on my study table. Can you send it to my office? Just get a pass from the receptionist and head to the 18th floor.” “Yeah, sure. I’ll be there in 10 minutes?” “Thank you, princess.” After hanging up, you wait for the bus that stops right beside your dad’s office and when you arrived there, you did exactly like what your dad said. Went to the receptionist and now you’re waiting for the elevator. You quickly went inside the elevator and as the doors were closing, you saw some people trying to catch the elevator. “Thank you for holding it.” One guy said and you just smiled. He looked familiar but you just shook it off because you really can’t remember where you have seen him. You rarely go to your dad’s office but every time you do which is like once in a blue moon, his office never ceased to amaze you. Quiet and big. His secretary noticed you and let you go inside your dad’s office since his secretary always come over to your house to talk about work with your dad. Your dad thanked you and promised to buy your favourite tteobokki on his way home, he loves to dote on you whenever he can.

As you were heading down, Sehun steps inside the elevator which surprised you. “Hi.” You said and he nodded. You figured he doesn’t want to talk since he seems like he’s going out. For a meeting, perhaps. “What are you doing here?” He looked over to you and you explained that you’re just here to send a document to your dad. He nodded understandingly. He seems to be wanting to say something but all he does is stare at you. “Um, is there something on my face?” You asked while touching your face. He let out a chuckle which melted you for a moment because it sounded so manly yet cute at the same time. “Nothing. I just think you look cute today. Going somewhere?” “Thank you and yes. Out for grocery shopping now. You?” He shrugged his shoulders, looking bored. “I’m free for the next 3 hours. Want to have lunch together? I’ll help you carry the groceries too. I don’t want you to faint while carrying them.” You pout and glare at him hearing that statement. “I am capable of carrying my groceries, thank you very much.” He laughs and you’re trying so hard to not dreamily stare at him. “I’m kidding, sweetheart. But you haven’t given me an answer to our lunch date.” He looks at you, anticipating your answer that made you chuckle. “Of course. You’re not going to let me faint while carrying my groceries right?”

You notice how Sehun just loves to tease you which results to you pouting and him calling you with endearing nicknames. Going out from the elevator, the same ol’ stares are directed to you and Sehun whose hand is placed lightly on your back. You look up to Sehun, couldn’t hold back your curiosity anymore. “I think you’re the female employees’ crush.” You whisper to him which he cutely lowers his head to hear you clearly. He’s amused by the look in his eyes and only shakes his head. “Or they might be wondering what a cute girl like you is hanging out with a man like me. Though, even if they’re interested in me, I’m not into them.” You let out a pfft laugh because really, they’re wondering what a cute guy like him is hanging around with you and perhaps already investigating about you. “How did you come here anyway? Drive?” “I took the bus. I could’ve driven here but I just wanted to have some quality time alone.” He nods understandingly as if he does that all the time. “I’ll drive you home, then.” You quickly reject his request and his eyebrows furrowed. “I can’t let you walk around with groceries and also," He stops and pulls you closer, your heart skipping a beat. "That wasn’t a request, my love.”  


Chapter 3 done! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and just a hint : that guy in the elevator earlier will be appearing in the next chapter! If you want to know what happens next, remember to subscribe this story! Have a good day, y'all!