Chapter 5

The Cold Wolf

CHAPTER 5


Ever since you got a hold of Sehun’s number, both of you have been texting and calling each other back and forth. Sometimes, Sehun would tell about his frustrations at work and talk about his day. Days seem to pass by fast and tomorrow is the day for your date with him. You’re at the dinner table, eating with your parents. “Oh yeah, I’m going out tomorrow.” You announce to your parents and your mom casually asks who you’re going out with but as soon as you said Sehun’s name, your parents both stop eating and your dad looks at you. “You mean Oh Sehun?” You tilt your head a bit being confused as to why do they look surprised while giving them the duh look. Your parents looked at each other and your mom breaks out into a smile. “You know, the other day when you came to my office, I heard the workers talking about you and Sehun.” You immediately groan internally because things happened just like how you thought it would be the moment you stepped out the elevator with Sehun. You maintained your composure though in front of your parents, explaining the situation to them. “If you think we have something going on, I promise, nothing is going on between us. We’re just friends.” Your mom laughs followed by a smile forming on your dad’s face. “Honey, we know nothing is going on. We’re just surprised because Sehun is quite shy in front of girls. Also, gossips happen at work, don’t worry too much about it, right dear?” Your dad agrees with your mom and you sigh in relief because the last thing you would want is for your dad to be disturbed with rumours going around about his daughter. All of a sudden, you remembered Sehun’s words when you had lunch the other day. “You really don’t remember me?” You straighten up your posture and leaned close to your parents. “Mom, dad, have we or I ever met Sehun before this?” You asked your parents while analysing their reactions but your parents didn’t look suspicious. They look at each other and back to you then your dad speaks up. “Well, their family used to come over all the time when you were a kid but Sehun was pretty quiet. Till today, still.” He laughs as if reminiscing the old days. Your mom looks over to you, snapping you out of your thoughts as she asks you, “Why do you ask out of the blue?” You shake your head as all of you continue eating. “Nothing. Just wondering.”

You wake up early today and busy getting ready for your date with Sehun wearing a flowy skater dress with a sweet makeup look that doesn’t require too much time for you to get ready. Sehun said he would come and pick you up even though you told him he didn’t have to but he insisted on it, exuding dominance. You hear a knock on your door and your mom comes in. “Well, well, someone is excited for her date.” She says cheekily while fixing your hair but you just rolled your eyes because you can tell she was more giddy than you are. “Sehun is waiting for you downstairs.” “Oh no.” Your mom laughs as she sees you rushing to pack your bag and you dash downstairs not wanting Sehun to wait any longer. When you reach downstairs, Sehun and your dad were busy talking but stops when your dad sees you. “There she is.” Sehun turns around to see you which you gave him an apologetic look and apologise for making him wait but he just stared at you for a few seconds before realising he was taking a tad long responding to you. “It’s okay. I came a bit early than what we promised.” He says shyly and turns to your dad again. That’s when you mentally curse yourself because Sehun looks so boyfriend material, you couldn’t help but having butterflies in your stomach. Your mom nudge your arm and looks cheekily at you. “Someone is blushing at the sight of her cute date.” She giggles and you hit her arm lightly to stop her laughing at you. Sehun finally turns to you and smiles at you while bidding your parents farewell as both of you walk towards the door. “Make sure you bring her back home, kiddo!” Your dad says as your mom laughs again giving you a meaningful look. Sehun chuckles and nods obediently. As he opens the door for you, you hear your mom saying, “Young love.” Followed by your dad chuckling at her statement.

As Sehun starts driving off, he looks over at you for a moment which you look back at him, seeing him all smiles. “Aren’t you looking like a cute little doll.” He says as he gives you a y smirk which made you blush and hit his arm lightly. “I’m always cute, excuse you.” He lets out a casual and relaxed laugh as he looks over at you again for a moment, not failing to make you feel his affectionate gaze. He changes the topic, talking about various stuff as if you both have been friends for years when in fact, you just met him. All that talking in the car made it seem like time had gone by fast as you reach the café that Sehun wanted you to try out since it’s his favourite café. You quickly realise that the street look familiar. “Hey, I used to work at that bookshop.” You point out to the bookshop across the street as you got out of the car muttering your thanks as Sehun opens the car door for you. As the both of you start walking towards the café, you told Sehun how you ended up working at the bookshop during your previous semester breaks and when you look up to him, you realise that he has been listening to you all this time without a word which you mentally slap yourself because he must be thinking how boring you are. You bit your bottom lip feeling guilty but you decided to change the topic after both of you have taken your seats near the window. “Sorry, enough talking about me! Let’s talk about you!” You say cheerfully and Sehun laughs and takes a sip of his drink. “It was fun going down memory lane with you. There’s nothing interesting about me.” He shrugs but seeing how dissatisfied you are with his answer, he pinches your nose which catches you off guard. “What was that for?” You touch your nose while jokingly glaring at him. “That was for being too cute.” His statement made you blush a little and him staring at you with such gentleness in his eyes didn’t make it any easier for you to stop blushing. In the end, you found a way to make Sehun talk about himself and you find out that both of you have a lot of things in common than you thought.

After spending quite some time at the café, the both of you decided to take a stroll around the area and Sehun would be telling you about the shops in the area as well as other parts in Seoul that you have never heard about. “You really haven’t gone to that ramen shop?” “No and I don’t think my friends know that place either.” You unconsciously pout at the thought of your whole life, you’ve been missing out on great places to eat and shop. However, you snap out from your thoughts when you hear Sehun humming. You look up to him quizzically and as if sensing your thoughts, he looks back at you with the cheekiest smile ever while having his arm around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him which is making your heart race. “That means we’ll just have to go on more dates together, sweetheart.” You both end up walking around having his arm around your shoulders or waist as the streets are getting crowded but you feel safe with Sehun. You both decided to stop at a roadside stall selling hot buns and shared your food together by buying two different flavours. ‘Can I have a taste?” Sehun asks pointing to the bun you’re holding which you nod and hold it out for him to take it but instead, he just looked at you. “What? I thought you wanted to try it?” “Yeah but you need to feed me.” He pouts and you are honestly shocked at how of a baby he could be but nonetheless, you end up feeding him. “Gosh, who knew a giant like you could be such a baby.” You started laughing at him seeing him rolling his eyes at you until the owner speaks up.  “You two look so cute together! It must be nice being newlyweds!” The owner says happily which made your face look like a tomato and you quickly deny it but Sehun puts his arm around your shoulders and made things worse. “She’s just shy, auntie. Always playing hard to get.” He shakes his head like a sad puppy as you stare at him in shock but before you could even scold him and correct the misunderstanding, the auntie lectures both of you about how Sehun should treat you right and you should be more loving towards him. Somehow, you both managed to escape but Sehun was laughing the whole time. “Why would you lead her on like that ohmygod Oh Sehun!” You scold him as you hit his arm and he was still laughing while rubbing his arm. “Ow! You’re going to leave a bruise! I’m sorry, it was just too funny!” Honestly, you’re not even mad at him because you started cracking up thinking about it now.  After both of you have managed to calm yourselves down, Sehun decides to send you home which you are teeny tiny sad about it considering you had fun with him. “That was a fun day out with me, wasn’t it?” You proudly pass it as a joke which he chuckles. “Hmm, it wasn’t so bad, I guess.” He sticks his tongue out at you and you merely roll your eyes and flip your hair fabulously that only made him laugh. After a good minute, you decide to ask him a question you have been wondering about all this time ever since you had lunch with him. “You seem to have a question for me, kitty.” You gulped as it was as if he just saw right through you which you are hesitant to ask it now, afraid that you might ruin the moment. “I won’t bite, you don’t need to look scared.” You immediately glance at him hearing how sad he sounded but he remains expressionless even though his eyes had a pained look to them. “Well.. Sehun, remember when we had lunch?” “What about it?” “You asked me if I really don’t remember you.” You could see and sense that he suddenly tensed up, his grip on the steering wheel getting tighter. “Have we met each other before this, Sehun?”


Hey guys! I am so sorry for the late update. I was so busy with finals and assignments that I went through a writer's block. But now I am back in the game and I will try my best to update regularly for you guys! Thank you for those who have been subscribing and leaving wonderful comments! I love reading your comments and if there is anything you guys want me to improve on or know your thoughts about this fanfic, you are more than welcome to spam the comment section lolol If you haven't subscribe, do subscribe to find out what happens in the next chapter and also get notification on updates regarding this story! See you guys soon! Have a great new year ahead guys!!