Chapter 4

The Cold Wolf

Chapter 4


Sehun guides you to his car and the whole journey there, you feel as if people are judging both of you, or you, to be specific. You’re 100% that your dad’s friends might have seen you and Sehun together by now. “Don’t look so anxious. I’m not going to bite you.” Sehun says noticing your anxiousness. “It’s not you who’s going to bite me. It’s your fans.” He laughs at your statement while driving out from the building. “I’ll get bitten first before you do.” “Yeah, that’s not bad too.” You laugh which he merely shakes his head. You both had a hard time deciding on what to eat but in the end, both of you agreed that you both want to have burger for lunch which is none other than good ol’ McDonalds. Sehun is an eye candy so you expected the girls just eyeing on him, even the cashier was trying to flirt with him. Not that you mind though because you don’t blame them either plus, he’s not your man for you to even be mad in the first place. Reaching your table, Sehun let out a long sigh the moment he sits down. “Is it tiring to be a heartthrob?” You ask as you look at him cheekily. “It is. Not really comfortable either.” He says as he opens up his first two buttons and loosens his tie. The conversation that both of you have don’t really involves him talking much. He was mainly asking about you and would only open up about himself specifically if you ask him about it. Instead, he would always be listening attentively to you. You both ended up calling each other on first name basis now, though, he would instead call you with loving nicknames. As you’re talking, you realise that he wasn’t really into the conversation but he was just staring at you. “Do I have sauce on my face?” He smiles and his gaze softens. “Jooyeon, you really don’t remember me?”

That was the first time you have ever heard him calling your name but what caught you off guard was his question. “What do you mean?” You ask him but for a moment, his eyes flash an expression of disappointment which made you feel sad too. Noticing your expression, he quickly changes the subject to something more light. He started talking about pets with you but you still couldn’t shake off the emotion he showed for a second there. You talk to him normally again, not wanting to destroy your time together. “Sehun?” Someone calls Sehun and you both turn around which reveals five guys staring at both you and Sehun, also, you realised that one of them is the guy that you saw this morning in the elevator. Before the stranger nor you could say anything, Sehun cuts you off. “What are you guys doing here?” “Uh…lunch? The question is, what are you doing here?” The tallest of the bunch asked him back which you know the full sentence was, “What are you doing here with her?” but you didn’t say anything and just smiled. Sehun remained his poker face and nonchalantly answers the question, stating the obvious. “I’m having lunch too.” It felt awkward not because of the questions but because of the stares you were getting from girls around, squealing, here and there because six handsome guys are here in McDonalds. “Um, do you want to have lunch with us?” You ask which Sehun raised his eyebrows as if telling his friends to say no but the guy you met earlier just gave a cheeky smile and said, “Why, thank you, beautiful! We would be happy to join you guys! You don’t mind right, Sehun?” His other friends laughed while Sehun, well, Sehun remained expressionless.

They each took a seat at the table and introduced themselves to you. The guy you met earlier is Baekhyun. You’re getting along well with them, sharing jokes with each other. Baekhyun told the group how he met you earlier which piqued Sehun’s interest in the conversation. “I was on my way up to see Sehun when I bumped into her in the elevator. I didn’t know you’re working there too.” You explained how you were only there to deliver your dad’s document. “Honestly, all of you seems familiar but I’m not sure if we have met before.” “Ah, you probably saw us at the annual dinner the other night. We saw you there.” You mouthed an ‘O’ which makes sense as to why Baekhyun seemed familiar but you also remembered that you saw them talking to Sehun on your way to your car that night. All of you became friends pretty quick without any hitches. Sure, it was awkward in the beginning but once you break the ice with a dirty joke, everyone opened up to each other in one millisecond. You suddenly remembered the time and realised that lunch break is almost over. “Oh shoot. I need to buy groceries.” As soon as you said that, Sehun looked over at his watch and quickly wiped his mouth and hands with the tissues. “You’re going to buy groceries alone?” Kai asked but before you get to say anything, Sehun speaks up. “Yeah, I’m accompanying her. I think we should go now.” The boys gave a cheeky smile to Sehun but before Chanyeol could even say anything, Sehun stands up which made you stood up and bid goodbye to the boys. “We’ll see you around, Jooyeon-ssi. We should hang out more often.” Suho said followed by the boys’ agreement.

In the car, you quickly apologise to Sehun for taking up much of his time. “You can just drop me off at the supermarket. You’ll be late for work if you accompany me.” Sehun raises an eyebrow and you can tell he’s not happy with your suggestion. “It’s fine. I don’t have any meetings after lunch. Besides, it’s our date, remember?” While buying groceries, you find that Sehun is very familiar with the food or toiletries as he would tell you which one is better or which is cheaper. “Hey, you’re pretty good at this. Not bad.” “I learned how to cook because my parents weren’t always around at home.” You agreed, being able to relate to that since both of your parents are constantly busy which makes you appreciate the quality time you get with them more. You get to know bits and pieces more about Sehun since you’re the one now shooting him with questions. On your way home, you and Sehun talk about movies, books, music and his friends. “They’ve taken a liking to you pretty fast. This is bad now isn’t it?” He said while humming as if thinking of something. “What can I say? I’m just that likeable and adorable.” He chuckles and glances at you for a moment before focusing back on the road. “I guess I better keep my guard up.”

You thanked Sehun for sending you all the way home and bid farewell to him but before he leaves, he rolls down the window. “Give me your phone number. You never know when you need help with your groceries again.” “You could’ve just asked for it without mentioning the groceries.” You let out a laugh and tells him your number, vice versa. Your mom gives you a call right as you put down the groceries in the kitchen, notifying you that your parents will be having dinner with their business partners. You make yourself a simple dinner while watching a movie. You were very absorbed to the movie until your phone rings. You pick it up thinking it was your mom calling you but instead it was a guy’s voice. You check the caller’s ID and turns out it’s Sehun, for a moment, you feel giddy but manage to maintain your composure. “Hey, miss me already?” You and you can almost hear him smiling on the other end of the phone. “Very funny. You sure you weren’t hoping for me to call you?” He teases you back which end up with you scoffing at him. “I do not!” He laughs and cuts you off before you shout at him. “Let’s go out for coffee this weekend.” You notice how shy he sounded which almost made you coo but you agreed anyway. When you agreed to his invitation, his voice lit up like a teenage boy. “It’s a date, then!”


Hello, all! First of all, I'm sorry for the delay, I just entered a new semester so things are still hectic so pls forgive me! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter and continue to support this story! Thank you for subscribing to this story and if you haven't, subscribe to this story to get updates on it! I'll see you all soon!