Chapter 1

The Cold Wolf

CHAPTER 1


“Honey, let’s figure out what you’re going to wear for the dinner!” mom says while you’re munching your scrambled eggs. “Why do I need to go again.” “Because you need to go out more and who knows? You might be able to score an internship with our company.” Dad says while flipping through the newspaper. You’re in your last year of degree and during the incoming semester, you will have to start finding companies to go for internship but you haven’t really given a thought to it because you just finished your finals and really, you just need a break from the chaotic five months that you experienced. “And who knows? You might find a cute guy there!” Let’s not forget to mention you’re single for a gazillion years since all you’ve been doing since the start of degree was focusing on your studies. Your dad is probably relieved that you are just focusing on studies and even though your mom appreciates that, she has been asking you about your love life, wondering why you’re still single when you’re almost 21 years old now. “Mom, that kinda beats the reason as to why I should go there.” You retorted while finishing up your breakfast. Mom just rolled her eyes at you and called you boring. It’s not like you’re in a rush to be in a relationship, you had your fair share of relationships but you just wanted a break. “Come now, we need to find something for you to wear for tonight!” Tonight is the annual grand dinner of the company that dad is working in. Dad isn’t the CEO but he is the CFO of the company. Usually, you would just stay at home but since you’re having semester break, your parents thought it would be nice to introduce you to their colleagues since their colleagues would always bring their children and then there’s you, prefer to stay out of the limelight but you thought it would be nice to go and survey the company that your dad is working in. “Mom, how long do we need to stay there anyway?” You ask while going through your formal dresses. You held out a lavender strapless gown that emphasized on the sweet and lovely looking girl kind of look. “Hmm that could be one of the potential dresses, put it on the bed first and I don’t know how long we will have to stay because the CEO has something special to announce tonight. So, we might be coming home late.” You groan when you hear that while taking out a soft pink flowy dress. “I don’t want to miss my favourite tv show! Maybe I can just stay at home?” “Not a chance, honey. Your dad is really excited that you’re actually going tonight. Try on that dress, it looks pretty.” You wanted to argue back but you didn’t have any siblings so you can understand that sometimes, maybe your parents want to spend time with you considering that whenever a new semester is here, you’re so focused in your studies which you do spend time with your family but not as much as you would like to since your dad is busy too.

In the end, you chose the pink flowy dress and did your makeup with your mom. Long story short, there you were at the Hilton hotel, standing right beside your parents while occasionally conversing with the employees whenever you needed to talk. Your parents were gushing about you and your achievements so far as a Dean’s List student. “So, what do you major in?” Your dad’s colleague which is the Chief Marketing Officer. “Economics.” You answered with a smile while deep inside, all you want to do is take of the damn heels because you were standing for so long. “Not only do you have a smart daughter, she’s even pretty, Jaehyun!” Your dad’s friend praised you and while your dad keeps himself busy talking to his colleagues, your mom keeps herself busy while talking to the wives of your dad’s friends which are also her friends. Their kids were there and you did talk to them but after all the hours of getting ready, you wish that the President would arrive already so that you can start eating. After looking at how your parents were busy enjoying their time, you tell your mom that you’ll be excusing yourself to the restroom which your mom nodded and gave you an “I know you’re hungry but just hang in there” look.

After going out from the ballroom, you stood at the side and took off your heels while sighing in relief because your feet can feel the floor again. “Honestly, why can’t the President be here already? I just want to eat and go home.” You talked to yourself thinking you are alone. Boy, were you wrong. “Well, you’ll have to wait for a little longer because I saw him going into the restroom.” You jumped due to shock and looked up to see the man talking to you. You were almost star struck looking at him because he is dashingly handsome and super tall, well, taller than you are, that is. Very cold looking and has an aura that emphasizes the coldness as well as perhaps, a year or two older than you. You had your free hand to your chest while the man smirked watching your reaction. “Oh my god, you scared me! Has anyone told you that it’s rude to scare someone like that?” You side eyed him and his eyes laughed, if that makes any sense because he remained a poker face but you could tell he is amused by the look in his eyes. His gaze softens. “Well, if me scaring a beautiful lady is considered rude, I don’t mind doing so.” Your face heats up hearing that compliment and maybe because it was his strong yet affectionate gaze that was making you blush even more. “Aren’t you a sweet talker?” You let out a laugh while holding out your hand. “I’m Park Jooyeon.” It didn’t take a while for you to realise that he’s not interested in greeting you which made you retract your hand slowly and awkwardly but weird enough, as you were halfway retracting your hand, he shook his hand with you. Well, he sort of grabbed it but close enough, you thought. “Sehun.” The only word he said while looking at you. You could tell right off the bat that he’s not the friendliest guy you’ll ever meet. He is cold, ice cold. “Shall we go inside? Our parents must be waiting.” He asked and without thinking much, you agreed. He put his warm hand behind your back while pushing the door open. Immediately upon going inside, everyone looked at both of you. Your parents’ reactions which was basically mildly surprised caught you off guard. The stares and the whispers made are not strangers to you. You know something was off which made you looked up to Sehun only to see his expressionless face. You thought to yourself, “Who really is this Sehun?”


Note : First chapter DONE! I had a hard time thinking how should they meet with each other and well...this is the winner lol I hope you enjoy this first chapter and remember to subscribe to this story if you want a notification from me when I update the next chapter!