Except Park Jimin

The Only Exception

Just trust me Hyung.

If there was one thing that Yoongi won’t allow himself to do, that was to trust the kid who always causes trouble not just to himself but also to others who trusted him about what he told them to be a good idea. But this time was different; the moment he has found out that Taehyung was not really oblivious after all, unlike what he believed all along, he forced himself to believe in him. Taehyung reassured him that he knows exactly everything.

So this time Yoongi chased away the doubts and the gnawing feeling inside of him telling him that he might be just getting played at by the younger kid. Well just in case it was really like that, he has asked someone in advance to dig a grave at their schools backyard and that person must be doing his job by now. Okay that was just an exaggeration on his part.

But what if it was really just some terrible joke?

“Taehyung why are we here?”

Yoongi hides behind the wall as soon as he heard the voice from the open door of the rooftop. Luckily Taehyung was the one facing the door and saw him. The guy never made any hint of him knowing that there is a person on the door but it seemed like Jimin did realized because he moved to turn around. So Yoongi quickly hides behind the wall as the door remained opened and he just hoped Jimin won’t come and close it.

But maybe he really will do because Yoongi heard footsteps approaching, until he heard Taehyungs deep voice again.

“About your secret, how long are you gonna keep it?”

Yoongi’s palms get sweaty all of a sudden at the start of Taehyung’s supposed to be letting out the truth.

“I told you not to mention about it while we were at school. What if—“

“We’re the only one here Jiminie. And…”he paused and Yoongi heard a tapping of the back”…I just only mentioned the word secret. It’s not like I said anything about what it really is”

Taehyung chuckled and Jimin groans while Yoongi tried his luck and peek from where he was hiding. He swears he would die out of embarassment if someone will see just what he was doing right now. Yoongi doesn’t know if he should be glad that Jimin still has his back turned to the door because he really wanted to see his face or what Taehyung called a 'blushing like a tomato' face whenever they would talk about that secret of his.

Yoongi wanted to hear himself what that secret is about. Even though from Taehyung’s action and by the way things were going, that Yoongi has started to curse himself for being so dimwitted and slow minded, dense, Yoongi already had a clue on what that actual secret is. But still he reminded himself not to be so sure so that he won’t get hurt in the end.

“You won’t tell Yoongi Hyung that I like him right?”

Yet Jimin has speaked all too sudden, that Yoongi almost fall from where he was standing. Taehyungs grin even though he was not looking at him directly seemed to be really directed at Yoongi.

“Or have you told him already, Tae?” the guy seemed in panic

Taehyung shakes his head“I promised you I won’t tell him so I won’t”

Of course he doesn’t need to tell him because Jimin has said it himself. Taehyung is a clever guy after all, Yoongi thought. And he’s really the one who is a fool for failing to realize everything from the start.

“But why are you really too afraid to tell him?”

Yoongi watched as Taehyung seemed to start to find it hard to control his actions anymore as he seemed to be getting excited moving his body in an unnecessary way while asking that. But Jimin has his gaze down the floor so maybe that’s why he still doesn’t notice it by now.

“If I told him I know he will hate me. I still want us to be at least friends”

Yoongi cursed inwardly and decided to go back hiding, sitting on the floor as he listened to the conversation from behind the wall.

“Then why are you avoiding him?”

“Taehyung-ah you already know about it. I’m just…settling my feelings for now. And once I am no longer in love with him it will be okay”

Yoongi shakes his head and let out an annoyed smile at the thought of how he almost missed Jimin’s feelings because he’s been too proud to act like he care. Taehyung, he should be really thankful to that kid after all.

“That’s what I don’t understand. If you like someone then tell him you like him. You know Hoseok hyung right?”

“H-he confessed to you already?”

“Nope I’m the one who did. He’s lucky I am not that dense unlike some other guy out there.”Taehyung even fake a cough”He’s so stupid for not knowing your feelings Jiminie”

Yoongi could have barge inside right then and maybe throw Taehyung from the rooftop because of what he just said but he didn't because knows himself that what Taehyung said was true. And also part of him still wants to listen on what Jimin might confess while he has no clue that he was really just ‘out there’, like what Taehyung hinted.

“Yoongi hyung is not stupid. It’s me.”Jimin’s voice gets quieter as usual”I regret ever kissing him that day while he was sleeping”

As if on cue, Yoongi finally stood up from where he was sitting.

“Who kissed who?”

Yes, yet at that last sentence of Jimin he finally decided to inform him of his presence. The door of the rooftop creaked loudly as he pushed it wider. Taehyung was smiling more widely too but then covered his mouth before slowly stepping back. While the guy who until now has his back turned at him seemed to froze in place, fist clenched tightly on either side.

Taehyung hopped and hurriedly leave the place, but Yoongi knows he really doesn’t need to do that, because for sure the guy who was now left alone with him would not want to turn around knowing that Yoongi was already just behind him.

“Did I heard it wrong or did you just say you kissed me Jimin?” Yoongi crossed his arms to his chest, eyes squinting through the rays of sun.

“H-hyung…”to his relief Jimin still speaked”Y-you heard—“

“Everything. You said you like me”

Yoongi can see the guy shaking especially his hands that were on his side earlier but now he decided to clasp together in front of him. So Yoongi took a step forward finally wanting to talk to the guy face to face but Jimin turned the other way just as when as he was in front of him.

“Yoongi hyung, I’m sorry. P-please don’t hate me”

His voice sounded shaky, and too soft to hear through the noisy wind and the cars from outside their school, yet Yoongi tried his best to hear everything.

“Look at me Jimin.”

Yoongi placed his hand on both of Jimins shoulder and managed to make the guy face him. There were tears forming in the corner of his eyes just like the day when they first talked to each other. Just like what Yoongi thought, he’s still such a crybaby.

“It’s okay to cry.”He said unlike what he said that day then shrugged”If I bully you now no one will know. So let me tell you now that yes I hate you Jimin”

To this, Jimin finally looked at him. The look of hurt on the guy’s eyes struck a chord on Yoongi’s heart once again, being Jimin the only person in this whole school who can make him waver anytime but still he kept a straight face, hands still gripping on the guys shoulder.

“I hated you the day you started avoiding me”He stated, telling him the truth”Do you know how hard I tried to know the reason and tried to find fault in myself for the first time because of that? I wanna know what’s wrong with me that you started to not talk to me anymore”

Yoongi felt a slight relief when the guys hurt expression faded only to be replaced by a confused one. Yoongi started to talk more. Because if not now when will he be able to say it.

“I…”He looked straight into Jimins eyes”…hate you the most because you want to forget that you like me”

Jimin’s eyes shoot downward again and Yoongi sighed inwardly.

“Park Jimin, what if I like you too?”

Jimin quickly shakes his head, smiling, with the smile he would have whenever he’s embarassed and doesn’t want to talk about anything more or doesn’t believe what someone has told him. Jimin holds Yoongi’s hands only to remove it from his shoulder but when he did, Yoongi ended up holding the guy’s hand instead. That’s the time Yoongi finally saw him blushed, as red as a tomato, like what Taehyung said, so Yoongi in his bullying state even squeezed the guys hand, somehow loving the shade of red color on the guys cheeks.

“And right I hate you too because you took my first kiss”

Jimin looked panicked“I-I’m sorry hyung. But t-that was my first kiss too so—“

“So I’m the one who should have done it instead.”

“What do you mean hyung?”

Yoongi knows that Jimin by now knows what he was talking about but he was still pretending not to. Hard headed brat. Yet Yoongi mentally noted that he was the same as well.

“Do you still really want me to say it?”

The guy didn’t speak but nodded with that adorable pout on his face, he knows Jimin doesn’t realized he was sporting. Yoongi pulled him by the hand taking the guy offguard. He stumbled onto him and they almost bumped into each other, forehead to forehead and it became another reason for Yoongi to see his tomato blush once again. But then Yoongi finds himself feeling the same face flush too as he started to speak.

“I…”

If there is one thing Yoongi cannot let anyone hear him say is the words of liking them and stuff that Yoongi thinks was unnecessary when action says it all. But he was not a man of action either and would never be seen showing affection to someone. Yet as he looked at Jimins face he knows that sometime rules were meant to be broken if it means making the person important to you knows how important they are. If it will make Jimin happy…

“I think I like you Jimin”

“Think?”Jimin quickly asked

Yoongi shaked his head at the guys reaction and leaned in, not really caring if later he’s gonna regret this cringy thing he will do, as he make a quick peck on the guys lips. He pulls away but still kept holding Jimin’s hand, afraid that he will run away because of what he just did.

“I’ve shown that I like you too. What m-more do you want?”he stuttered. What the heck. But of course being the guy who can act cool all the time, Yoongi smiled to hide his nervousness at the moment and said what he wants to say eversince he talked to him that day”I have liked you first, you fool”

And to his relief Jimin smiled, his usual cheery one. He looked embarassed but his face that was red earlier now radiated brightly. Like the sun, Yoongi thought, mesmerized. But Yoongi was snapped off from his trance when the guy starts to hug him, so tightly that he knows he’ll have a broken bone later. Yet he has to admit he was still okay with that.

“I’ll really hate you if you ever leave me again Park Jimin” Yoongi muttered instead

“I’ll be forever beside you Hyung and I can even move in to your house if you want?”

Yoongi hummed “That’s a good idea”

Jimin hits his shoulder while laughing and Yoongi just laugh along. But Yoongi knows he’s not just joking when he said that.Yoongi is a guy who really doesn’t give a about anything. The hell with the rules. But he do now realized that he really does care only about one person, and that is Park Jimin.

And he won’t hide it from now on.


A/N: Uhuh this is the end. It’s lacking I know but Thanks for reading and please let me know that I have readers until here XD