A Shi.t About

The Only Exception

“Jimin Hyung!”

The next day when a certain freshmen who everyone called Jungkook, obviously because it was his name, walked inside their classroom without hesitation, Yoongi stopped what he’s doing and leaned back on his seat. He watched in distate as the younger kid went to who he called his Jimin hyung was sitting.

“You look handsome today Kookie”

Kookie? Jimin was the only one who calls him that. Yoongi fake gag on his seat but then he immediately looked around afterwards hoping no one has seen him does just that.

“You too, hyung. Did you bring your old math notes I am borrowing?”

That bunny smile which before never really annoyed him like Taehyung’s box smile but to his eyes now becomes the same annoying if not hateful as that smile causes the other guy with that chubby cheek to smile the same, his eyes even turned into crescent.

“You kid, only compliments me when you need something.”Jimin seemed to whine yet he laughed and ruffles the guy’s hair anyway.

“He really likes that first year student, right?”

Yoongi almost jumped in surprise before he looked beside him. He breathed out seeing it was just Seokjin, a senior student, sitting on his supposedly seatmates chair. But his seatmate was on the other side of the room now anyway.

Times when the teachers were not inside the classroom, Yoongi sighed inwardly, other students feels free to barge in anytime they want. Honestly Yoongi doesn’t really care about it before, yet when he looked back in front to see that kid Jungkook comfortably sitting there, with Jimin who seemed to be in the process of teaching him or perhaps just talking about what’s written on his notebook that he has lent him, Yoongi sure do care now.

“Seems like our Jiminie finds another one to bug. But it seems like he really likes him a lot more than you now. What do you think Yoongi?”

Save it to Seokjin to innocently rub the salt on your wound. Yoongi ignored him and resume on scrolling through his music player on his phone that he realized was not playing any song by now. It was a cue for Seokjin to just leave him alone and like Taehyung does he really did, without much hesitation, but that is after he has pat his back for god knows why. Maybe it’s just for saying goodbye but Yoongi somehow felt like he was consoling him, and he hated it.

Yoongi just dropped his face on his table when he knows Seokjin was no longer there. Immersing himself in the music he randomly picked and tries to forget about those particular two persons in the room. Yet his mind has started to ask him if the reason Jimin was avoiding him is really because he was replaced by Jungkook in Jimin's life?

Yoongi would act like he doesn’t care and won’t really absolutely do anything about it. It was all until he finds himself alone with the freshmen inside one of the mens room that he did what he was really itching to do eversince.

“Jeon…”Yoongi blocked his way”…Jungkook”

The younger guy looked at him, wide eyed who Yoongi can clearly see was not in fear but just pure confusion.

“Yes that’s me. Why…hyung?” he asked, the last word spoken like he was forced to say just to properly address him before he has walked passed him to wash his hands.

It was Yoongi’s first time talking to the kid, also the first time for him seeing someone to be actually cool and not be really intimidated by him at all.

“Jimin hyung talks a lot about you”

His ears perked up as the younger speaks again, and his feet that seemed to not want to leave his place earlier, now followed where the kid was. Yoongi stood behind him as he looked at him through the bathrooms mirror. The younger looked at him back through the mirror but didn’t speak another word, a small smile appearing on the corner of his lips and for a reason it started to trigger Yoongi’s nerves a bit.

“What—“

Yoongi stopped just as when he was about to ask the question, reminding himself that he should act like he doesn’t care. So despite his utmost curiousity on what this kid and Jimin has talked about him, Yoongi decided to just tell him something else.

“Can you stop coming to our classroom?”Yoongi was not asking him politely, he was ordering him”You have your own classroom why--”

“Jimin hyung says I can come all the time.”the kid shrugged”Jimin hyung said he really was happy having me around, that’s why I’m always there.”Jungkook smiled at him through the mirror.

The kid turns to look at him as he shakes his hand causing water to splash on Yoongi’s face. He quickly wipes the wet droplets and gritted throught his teeth feeling really overly sensitive at the moment mostly becase of the kids over confidence.

”So just mind your own business hyung”

And especially at those words that he said. Yoongi’s eyes shot up to him instantly and with a raised brow he stared him down, anger really pulsing in his vein. He was right earlier when he thought he was not like any other kid. And he was right earlier when he thought that he’s being overly sensitive because he badly needed to hurt someone right now. Of course who else could it be?

But just as when he was about to step forward, someone bumped into him and hugged his waist before forcefully pulling him out of the mens room.

“Let go of me Taehyung!” Yoongi growled

But he was just finally let go by the guy when they were really out of the mens room. Jungkook later walked out and didn’t spare any of them a single glance and just walked passed them. Yoongi almost followed the guy if not for Taehyung who finally speaked.

“Jiminie is Jungkook’s only friend” Taehyung spoke softly knowing that the person he’s referring to was still on ears shot level”Jimin said Jungkook reminded him of himself when he was just new in this school”

The guy was smiling when Yoongi looked at him but he starts to be serious again as he cast his look on Jungkooks retreating back.

“That’s why Jimin was being really friendly towards him. He’s like his younger brother, that’s what he told me”

“Why…are you telling me this. I’m not even asking you anything”

Yoongi realized just now that he was being way too obvious. True, the kid Jungkook has been too cocky earlier but it was him who started by telling him to stop coming into their room when it was really none of his business. But to his relief the guy seemed to be really oblivious again as he said the reason why he’s telling him that.

“I heard you want Jungkook to stop coming to our classroom right? Please don’t hyung. That kid really doesn’t want to stay in his own classroom so just let him be”

 

Yoongi suddenly remembered how he first met Jimin, the second week of freshemen year, when he can’t really take any longer that someone can be as quiet as him. The guy rarely talked to anyone and would stay at the back of the classroom pretending to be busy despite the chaos their classmates were making.

Right when Jimin was just about to get bullied by one guy who already thrown a piece of paper right in his face, Yoongi quickly picked up his bag and sat beside the guy who looked like he was about to cry any minute.

“Yoongi hyung” Yoongi was also the one who speaked first for the first time”Call me Hyung cause I’m older”

He glared at everyone who looked in their direction and just when as everyone looked away and as the supposedly bully rushed outside with his friends, Yoongi turned to Jimins direction only to see his red eyes with tears really falling down his cheeks.

“Don’t cry on me now kid. What if a teacher walks in? She might mistake that I’m the one bullying you instead.”

And that was the first time Yoongi has smiled at someone so willingly just to appear less scary and maybe because he hoped to get the same smile in return, in which he really did. Jimin smiled despite his tears and Yoongi almost reached out to wipe those tears away. Almost

 

“So hyung, now you know that Jimin likes Jungkook not in the same way as you.”

“Why? Do I need to know that?” Yoongi realized that he was still with Taehyung so he was back to his façade”Do I look like I care?”

“Not really” the kid grinned innocently”Anyway I just wanna tell you that he likes you more than Jungkook.”

Taehyung speaked, and once again Yoongi missed what the guy really meant, as he still think of him as just some naïve kid he doesn’t have to take too seriously.

Yet his mind wondered. If he likes me, then why is he avoiding me? Yoongi has that question unanswered once again.