Five

THE PERKS OF BEING PARK CHANYEOL

 

Five 

 
 
Infatuation ; Jealousy
 
 
 
Stop. Stop thinking about it Chanyeol. Stop. Argh. Chanyeol let out a frustrated scream in his pillow. He can't sleep and he keeps on rolling all over in his bed for the hundredth time already. Baekhyun and his words got to stop. Chanyeol can't bare the pain in his chest and the butterflies in his stomach. Calm down Park Chanyeol, he just called you gorgeous. Why are you acting like a school girl again? He didn't even kissed you for god's sake. But wait why are you even thinking about kissing Baekhyun? Arghghhhg. But, but, stillー
 
 
But still he called you gorgeous.
 
 
 
Chanyeol smiled so widely that his lips began to hurt. This has got to stop. Chanyeol was clueless of what he was feeling. Heck, he doesn't even want to know what's this feeling. He felt happy, sad, angryーno, he was feeling mixed emotions. His heart can't stop beating fast and his cheeks kept on getting red, when he remembers what Baekhyun said to him that day. Maybe he needs a check-up? Maybe he's just sick? Or maybe this is was all because of a certain Byun Baekhyun. He didn't know what to do. He just wanted to wake up from this dream. But he doesn't want to wake up to the reality of being alone again. He just wants to erase Baekhyun from his mind. However, his heart beats otherwise.
 
 
And because Chanyeol can't take it anymore, he did what he had to do. Search this to google. He quickly went to his study table to get his laptop and jumped back to bed, the blanket reaching his head. He was like in a cave of his own blanket. He took a deep breathe and exhaled. He did it for five times before he felt that he was ready. God, why was he feeling this nervous anyway? 
 
 
And then, he went to google. With shaky hands and flushed cheeks he came up with the words to search to google. God, this is so stupid. Why am I even doing this? His heart was still beating fast and if this keeps up it might be dangerous. 'why can't I stop thinking about a certain person, that's my friend?' This is really stupid. But when you're Park Chanyeol who doesn't have experience in this kind of thing. Expect him to search these kind of things to google. He always search anything to google, anyway. So why was he nervous all of a sudden now? 
 
 
His heart beat faster at what the results came out. It was all about love as he kept on scrolling down. Lovelovelove. ー why is this all about love? The results were all about, Love tips and such. Love advices and every other website related to love or sometimes crush. So, he shut his eyes and just picked on a random website while counting until five seconds. He quickly peeked to his laptop screen and the page was now fully loaded. The first thing that came to his mind is that he's screwed. He's ing screwed. "No, no, no," The wallflower whispered frantically to himself. If his mother sees him in a state like this, his mother might think he's crazy with his flushed cheeks, sweaty palms, messy hair and his ear tips were really red. His lips were slightly parted while his eyes were big as he stared at his laptop screen.
 
 
'When you can't stop thinking about that person, it is simply called a crush or infatuation if you just had started liking that person. However, when you started liking that person for four months now, you might be in-love.' 
 
 
"In-love? I-i-nfa-fatuation?" Chanyeol went three times redder, looking like a tomato at what he just read. He shouldn't have searched the answer in the first place. Oh god. 
 
 
 
He banged his head in the keyboard repeatedly. Maybe he's just sick. That's it. Maybe this is just a fever. A love fever, actually. 
 
 
 
"MOM! I THINK I'M SICK!"
 
 
 
 
 🌻
 
 "ーand then Sehun said to me that maybe I should invite you to the dance competition, so I said yeah, I'll ask you. So, Would you like to watch me to the dance competition? I mean it's okay if you don't want too, or if you have plans and stuff to do..yeah..." Jongin blushed while mumbling. Feeling embarrassed. He looked at Chanyeol and it looks like the boy wasn't even listening. God, does Chanyeol even know how hard it is for him to even ask this to Chanyeol? (Well, duh, of course not.) But, seriously what's wrong with Chanyeol lately? 
 
 
"Chanyeol.." Jongin tried calling Chanyeol's name but the boy didn't bulge. As if like, Jongin's not existing right now. Jongin scoffed in annoyance. 
 
 
 "Yah, Chanyeol!" Chanyeol's snapped back to reality and looked at Jongin who has been calling him the fifth time already. The wallflower didn't even noticed that he was spacing out. 
 
"Uh, sorry, yeah?" Chanyeol blinked and smiled apologetically at the boy. Jongin frowned. Chanyeol has been weird these past few days. He keeps on spacing out also like he was in deep thought. Jongin wanted to know why but the wallfower will just smile and say that it's nothing. Jongin was really curious. It seems like something or rather someone was bothering Chanyeol, making him space out always and just stare into nothing. 
 
"Were you even listening?" Jongin says, making sure that his voice wasn't sad. 
 
"Uhh," 
 
"I said would you like to go to the dance competition? Sehun, Lay and Tao would be there too." 
 
 
He also noticed that the wallfower keeps on acting weird, in front of Byun Baekhyun. At first, Jongin just shrugged if off, knowing that Chanyeol always act this way to others except for him now. And he was really happy seeing Chanyeol like this to him only. But this time it was different. He kept on noticing on how Chanyeol would always avoid Baekhyun at any cost while blushing. And he kept on noticing how Chanyeol would steal a glance at Baekhyun. Did something happened? Jongin wanted to know so badly. But what should he do? Ask Chanyeol straightforwardly like, 'hey why are you suddenly acting weird in front of Baekhyun? I don't like it.' Nope. That's the last thing Jongin wants to say to Chanyeol. He might end up peeing himself in front of Chanyeol, thinking about it already makes him cringe. And it was really hard for him to have the coursge to even ask Chanyeol to go and see him at the Dance competition. He would really like to see Chanyeol cheering at him at the Dance competiton, while smiling at him.
 
 
Also, curious questions suddenly came, attacking Jongin, making the latter confused. Chanyeol would always ask him questions. Which makes him uncomfortable by the way. He had to admit that it's making his heart beat fast whenever Chanyeol ask these kind of questions. And it's happening again. Damn. Stop. 
 
 
"Jongin?" Here he goes again. Damn it. Damn this. Damn. 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
 
"Have you ever been infatuated with someone?" Chanyeol ask while blushing. Jongin froze. Seeing Chanyeol blushing, and asking him these question isn't healthy for his heart. His heart might explode seeing Chanyeol acting this way. He managed to answer Chanyeol without stuttering. And thank god, he didn't stutter. He doesn't want to be a stuttering mess in front of Chanyeol. 
 
 
"You mean like having a crush with someone?" He says, avoiding eye contact from the wallfower. Yeah, Jongin had a few crushes back then. But it was all just for a short period of time. He never had a girlfriend or boyfriend because he wasn't just ready yet as he would say to his friends. Making Jongdae snort and mock him, while Junmyeon would scold Jongdae. The others really don't believe the boy because Jongin was too handsome and way too hot to be single. Jongin would just roll his eyes avoiding Jongdae who would always tell, 'I'm going to have plastic surgery so that I can look like Jongin,' making the others laugh and say stupid things to Jongdae.
 
 
 
Jongin was about to speak again when speaking of the devil, Jongdae suddenly popped out of nowhere making Jongin curse and Chanyeol startled. Jongdae chuckled and put an arm around Jongin smiling his kitten smile. Until, Kyungsoo, Kris and Suho followed. "Can you repeat that question, love?" Jongdae says, making Jongin growl at the boy. Chanyeol blushed at the sudden endearment calling of Jongdae. Making Kyungsoo roll his eyes. Chanyeol just shook his head saying it's nothing because there's no way in hell he could ask Jongdae this question. Especially, when the others were here too. Well, except for Jongin. He can't tell to everyone that he might have a little tiny bitsy crush on Byun Baekhyun. 
 
 
 
"Are you infatuated with someone?" Jongdae asked, furrowing his eyebrows. . So he did heard what Jongin and I were talking about...this is so embarassing. 
 
 
"Why did you even asked in the first place on what were talking about when you already heard us. Wait were you spying on us?" Jongin says, suspiciously. Making Jongdae laughed. "Yeah, you're right." Jongdae says honestly. Making Jongin look at him weirdly. Geez. "Jongdae, that is so creepy." Kris says with a stoic face. Kris wanted to smack Jongdae right here in front of them, he doesn't like Jongdae invading Chanyeol's privacy. But he doesn't like Chanyeol being too close to Jongin either. (Too close for his liking.) Oops. And then there's Kyungsoo, who will just observe some happenings, that may continue in the future. 
 
 
 
"So that's why you were smiling evilly earlier when you saw them talking." Suho says now understanding Jongdae's face earlier when he saw Jongin and Chanyeol talking. He had a face like a devil, planning on something. 
 
 
"Yeah, yeah. And so what? I'm jealous of Jongin always getting to hangout with Chanyeol," Jongdae stated, pouting rather not so cutely. Kyungsoo faked gagged making Suho and Chanyeol laugh, making Kris eyes soften while looking at Chanyeol. Wait, am I really spending so much time with Jongin? I'm comfortable with him so.. Is that bad?
 
 
 
Chanyeol decided to talk more with others too from now on. He'll try. He thought of ways to approach the others, shaking his head most of the time to constantly avoid the popping images of Baekhyun in his mind. Not noticing, Jongin looking at him. Jongdae's still whining, though. 
 
 
 
"Chanyeol, let's go eat ramen later." Jongdae suddenly says, making the others look at him. Especially Jongin who was killing Jongdae on his mind. He's not jealous isn't he? Nope. He's just mad for Jongdae suddenly interrupting them when they were talking. And that's rude.
 
 
It was already starting to get cold, leaves started falling from the trees already, the wind was stronger and colder making it as a sign that autumn season is near.
 
 
Chanyeol beamed because, this was a lucky chance for him to talk more with him, at least he get to interact with Jongdae after this, and he thank Jongdae for suddenly inviting him to eat ramen with him. Jongin however, was not liking any of this. "I'll go with you two," He says, suddenly holding Chanyeol's arm making Jongdae snort. "Oh my god Jongin, don't be such a jealous brat. And you're not allowed to go period." Jongdae says while smirking. Chanyeol was in a dazed from hearing what Jongdae just said. Jealous? Was that the feeling that I felt when I saw Baekhyun with a girl?
 
 
 
"I'm going. Besides, you interrupted on what I was going to say to ask Chanyeol earlier. So whether you like it or not, I'm going." Jongin says, his right hand tightening on Chanyeol's, making the wallfower blush because he can smell Jongin's cologne. First, Baekhyun and then Jongin. Oh my god. Why do they all smell so good? It's making Chanyeol's head spin. 
 
 
 
Jongdae was about to retort when Kris suddenly spoke, "Okay how about we all go," Kris states while looking at Jongdae, eyes cold. Jongdae suddenly shivered because Kris was acting all cold again. Kyungsoo and Suho wanted to laugh at these guys. Chanyeol was still in a dazed, Jongin still holding his arm pulling the wallflower closer.
 
 
 
Jongdae smiled at Kris and turned his head to Suho, wiggling his eyebrows.  
 
 
 
 
"Okay let's all go together, fine," Jongdae stomped his feet not noticing that he stepped on Suho who gasp painfully. "Ow, ow, oww-a-h you brat!" Suho says while glaring at Jongdae. Jongin can't help but laugh making Suho glare at him. 
 
 
 
"Sorry, btw, Suho you pay later."
 
 
 
 
🌼
 
 
Baekhyun was waiting in front of his locker, looking as handsome as ever. Again, his brown hair was tousled in every direction. His lips were slightly parted as his eyes searched for someone. (Chanyeol.) Chanyeol almost wanted to stand all day, to stare at Baekhyun. Maybe even take a picture. Chanyeol walked to his locker, and Baekhyun grinned when Chanyeol finally came. He was waiting for Chanyeol to finish his Class. Curse Baekhyun's grin. It wanted to make Chanyeol brush his fingers on Baekhyun's silky hair. Chanyeol awkwardly smiled back at Baekhyun. Again.
 
 
"Hey, heard you were going to eat ramen with Jongdae," Baekhyun says, smiling slightly. 
 
 
 
"Uh, yeah, how did you know?" Chanyeol says. Slightly tilting his head now facing his locker as he opened it. He looked again at Baekhyun who was still smiling. Chanyeol looked away. Here he goes again.  
 
 
 
"Jongdae bragged about it when we were heading to class earlier, he was like all smiles," Baekhyun says while laughing remembering earlier how Jongdae was bragging about taht he'll eat ramen with Chanyeol later. The reason that it was funny for Baekhyun was that Kris, suddenly said that him and the others are going too, which made Jongdae's face fell and mop on his seat saying; 'There's no Chanyeol time for me,' making Kyungsoo twitched his eyebrows in irritation. 
 
 
Chanyeol chuckled, avoiding eye contact from the boy. "Want to come? I think they're waiting outside the gates already." Because why not?  You're really stupid. You'll just be uncomfortable and act like a girl again when he's around. 
 
 
 
Baekhyun's smile widen. "Aw, I'm so touched that you want to eat ramen with me too," Chanyeol slightly pouted. He can't help it. Was Baekhyun teasing him? "But, I can't sorry, I'm going somewhere today." Baekhyun says as he ruffled Chanyeol's hair making the wallflower squeak and blush. Thank god, Baekhyun didn't notice.  But, where are you going? Are you going with someone? The wallflower wanted to ask so badly. He decided to just shut his mouth instead. It's not his business anyway..
 
 
 
Baekhyun's phone suddenly buzzed and Chanyeol noticed that as Baekhyun was looking at his phone's screen the boy's smile grew wider. Chanyeol went curious, but what can you expect from him? He'd rather just shut his mouth. Baekhyun raised his head from his phone's screen and smiled at Chanyeol. "See you, enjoy your ramen with the guys!" Baekhyun says, as he waved at Chanyeol and walked. 
 
 
 
Chanyeol wanted to know so badly. 
 
 
But want he wanted most was to erase these feelings for Baekhyun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yah!" Jongin barked, while Kyungsoo laughed because Jongdae suddenly ate some of Jongin's ramen without the boy noticing because he was watching Chanyeol who was spacing out again while playing with his chopsticks. 
 
 
"Stop staring at Chanyeol and eat," Jongdae says as he roll his eyes. Jongdae admits that he doesn't like this 'Jongin being too friendly with Chanyeol,' it's really unfair. The two if them were supposed to eat ramen together not with these idiots. Just the two of them. He huffed in annoyance while Kris threw a tissue at him making Jongdae scrunch his face saying it's disgusting. Kris chuckled saying, it wasn't a used tissue.  
 
 
Suho, on the other hand was still annoyed at Jongdae for making him pay the ramen. But he thinks that this is worth it because he get to spend some time with the wallflower. And he must enjoy this because who knows when he'll get to hang out with the wallflower again. He was sitting beside Chanyeol while on the boy's right was Jongin. "It's starting to get cold, you guys should wear jackets soon." Suho says so motherly that Jongdae laughed. "Yes mother!" Jonhdae saluted making Kyungsoo annoyed at how loud Jongdae's voice is. 
 
 
 
 
"Chanyeol, are you okay?" Kris suddenly asked making Chanyeol snap out of his thoughts. He really needs to stop spacing out. This isn't really good. He was supposed to enjoy eating ramen with the guys not thinking about Baekhyun 24/7. Baekhyun doesn't even think about him and here he was spacing out and having thoughts of Baekhyun on where he is now or what is he doing now. This has really got to stop. 
 
 
 
"Yeah, sorry." Chanyeol says, as he eats his ramen. Jongin frowned. Lately, he 's been frowning so much. It's all because of Chanyeol. He wnated to ask what Chanyeol was thinking. Why was he suddenly acting weird these days? Was this all because of Baekhyun? Jongin would rather not ask because what if he's guess was right? He just doesn't want to hear from Chanyeol's mouth that this was all because of Baekhyun. 
 
 
This is getting more complicated that I thought it would be. Kyungsoo glance at Jongin then to Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was about to look down when he saw someon. They were eating in a ramen stall outside and it's the best to eat ramen when it's about to get cold at night so theyd ecided to eat at a stall instead of a restaurant. 
 
 
There was Baekhyun with a girl. The girl seems to be blushing because Baekhyun was smiling at him while playing with her fingers and Kyungsoo wanted to kick Baekhyun. This was really a bad timing. Chanyeol's here. And Kyungsoo already noticed that Chanyeol has feelings for Baekhyun. And then this? This is too much for Chanyeol to take. The girl was the same girl in the party that Kyungsoo noticed. So they are dating huh? 
 
 
Kyungsoo averted his gaze from them because Baekhyun noticed him as he waved he walked clsoer and closer. Kyungsoo wanted to motion his hand for Baekhyun to not walk closer to them but the others will notice and it will be no use. Crap. Craptastic. Baekhyun you're such aー
 
 
But then now Kyungsoo wanted to punch Baekhyun in the face.
 
 
 
"Hey guys!!" Baekhyun beamed as he was waving at the others. Chanyeol's ears and eyes perked. The others looked at the voice and they suddenly looked at Baekhyun and the girl with curious eyes. Jongdae smirked suspiciously at Baekhyun, Jongin was now frowning deeply, now holding Chanyeol's hand, Suho who noticed it raised his eyebrows unknowingly, Kris was keeping his blank face. 
 
 
The wallflower just wanted to run and never look back at Baekhyun holding hands with a girl. 
 
But instead, what can you expect from him? 
 
 
He smiled at Baekhyun not minding the pain in his chest.
 
 
 

 

 
 
THANK THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUBSCRIBING TO THIS STORY!! :'( ily guys anyway, sorry for not updating fast. Hope you enjoy this chapter!! i promise that on chapter six i will make some surprising scenes :(