Four

THE PERKS OF BEING PARK CHANYEOL

Four

 
Happiness looks gorgeous on you
 
 
Few weeks after the party, everything was back to normal. Chanyeol guess so. But, the others except for Baekhyun were really disappointed in Jongdae from what he did. Luhan and Minseok who weren't in the party were the most disappointed. Their heads turned to Jongdae saying a; 'what!?' as the two stared coldly at Jongdae. Jongdae made puppy eyes to Baekhyun to help him but the boy just shrugged while smirking. The boy explained to them that he only wanted to make the boy sociable, to have fun and interact more with others. Chanyeol did want to interact with others but he just felt nervous all of a sudden and chickened out which made him uncomfortable that time. The mature ones, Kris and Suho told Jongdae that he shouldn't have did that in the first place knowing the wallflower's situation and lack of social skills. It was a really stupid plan, really. 
 
 
Jongdae apologized many times to Chanyeol ever since the party, Chanyeol just smiled and said sorry too, confronting Jongdae. Which made Luhan hug him and told him that it's not his fault while glaring at Jongdae. Chanyeol just blushed at the sudden action of Luhan but soon gone because he felt an arm, suddenly pulling him out of Luhan's embrace, he felt a broad chest on his back. It was Jongin, he squeaked. He's been blushing so many times lately, and it's all these boys fault. Jongin smiled at him and shove his food on Chanyeol's tray, scooting closer too close to Chanyeol's liking, making him blush again. Luhan just rolled his eyes and pouted. The others, noticed Jongin's been acting weird lately. They've really been noticing something weird about Jongin. He keeps on hanging around Chanyeol everytime. Sometimes they see, Chanyeol smiling and laughing which he just rarely do with them. He was different with Jongin. It's not like they were they jealous, really. They just wished Chanyeol to be like that with them too. To be comfortable around them too. Kyungsoo, who already knows something, will just smile and shake his head. Jongin will get it soon. 
 
 
They've already known Chanyeol for a month and nothing has really changed. Well, except for Chanyeol being all smiles to Jongin. 
 
 
And there was one boy who didn't like what he was witnessing.
 
 
On the other hand, Chanyeol kept replaying the scene in his head. Baekhyun. With a girl. Was that Baekhyun's girlfriend? The girl was really beautiful when Chanyeol's landed on the girl. Petite frame. Cute puppy eyes like Baekhyun and with her shoulder length hair, she was beautiful. She was really different from Chanyeol's figure. He can't stop thinking about Baekhyun's smile. He was smiling at the girl. Like the way he smiles at Chanyeol. And they look like a couple together. It made feel uneasy, even himself doesn't know why. Thinking about it made him dizzy and uncomfortable. 
 
 
 
Lately, Chanyeol can't help but notice that Jongin is always by his side. Like, everywhere. Chanyeol chuckled and said to Jongin that he was like his bodyguard. That was the first time Chanyeol joked to someone. Jongin laughed at what Chanyeol said, he just shrugged not replying at what the wallflower just said. But, he's really happy that Jongin's there. He became to talk more around Jongin. Not like before, when he's too shy to say something so he just ends up nodding or whispering a simple: 'yes.' or a 'no' everytime. It was really different with Jongin. Chanyeol wished he can be like this with the others too but he needs time. 
 
 
However, Jongin wished that Chanyeol can only be like this when he's with him.
 
Not even knowing the reason why.
 
🌾
 
As soon as Chanyeol entered the library, the smell of books entered his nose. It's been awhile since he has been alone like this. He went to the sit that he always sit at when he's reading a book. He rubbed his eyes and started reading. 
 
 
After a quiet 20 minutes of reading, he heard a voice.
 
 
"Chanyeol-ah!" Chanyeol looked up to the novel he was reading called 'Fangirl.' The main character Cath, who likes to write fanfiction was just like him. Not really, like him. Cath was also an introvert who doesn't let people easily in. You can really feel Cath's feelings. He was currently on Chapter 14. 
 
 
His eyes searched for the person who called him and it was none other than Baekhyun waving enthusiastically at him. Chanyeol wanted to laugh at Baekhyun because, the librarian was glaring at Baekhyun for shouting in the library when clearly, when you're in the library you're supposed to be quiet. 
 
 
"Shh!!" The librarian said. Baekhun said a simple: 'sorry!' while smiling sheepishly. The librarian just rolled his eyes and continued reading. Baekhyun shrugged and went to where Chanyeol was sitting on the most side of the library. As Baekhyun went closer, Chanyeol's heart beat wildly. 
 
 
"Hey," Baekhyun whispered and smiled. Chanyeol said a small 'hey,' to Baekhyun to. Baekhyun sat beside Chanyeol, the wallflower smelled his cologne and god, he smells good. He smells like mint. Chanyeol was feeling lightheaded again because of Baekhyun. The fact that Baekhyun was sitting beside him, smelling so good and smiling at him made his chest hurt because his heart was beating faster. His smell and his damn smile wasn't helping his heart to calm down. Damn it. He fought the urge to scoot closer to Baekhyun and just smell him all day. Calm down. 
 
 
"I've been searching for you everywhere!" Baekhyun whispered frantically. Chanyeol frowned. But his heart was beating abnormally now. Why was he searching for Chanyeol? 
 
 
 
"W-why?" Chanyeol asked dumbly. He looked at Baekhyun and the boy grinned. Sometimes Chanyeol can't help but think of this boy ever get tired from smiling to much. He looked properly at Baekhyun. His brown hair was messy and going to every direction but it suited him, amd he had a piercing in his left ear. Chanyeol wanted to groan because it was a wrong move to look at Baekhyun properly. It made him blush like a tomato. There's no way he can calm his beating heart around Baekhyun. He was dangerous. 
 
 
 
"I was thinking I'd hang out with you today, just the two of us." Baekhyun whispered again, rather excitedly. Just the two of us? Wait what.
 
 
"What." Just bury me into the ground please. 
 
 
"What, what?" Baekhyun asked, still grinning boyishly at Chanyeol. 
 
 
"I mean, just the two of us?" Chanyeol asked. He was so not prepared for this. He wasn't prepared to hang out with Byun Baekhyun. He wasn't. 
 
 
"Why you don't want to?" The boy ask while raising his eyebrows. Which made Chanyeol whisper incoherently.  
 
 
"No, I mean-- I would really-- not really-I'd love-no, I want to." Chanyeol muttered. Baekhyun laughed quietly at Chanyeol. He was just to adorable. Chanyeol looked down and sighed he really . He should just bury himself to the ground and live there. To hide from this embarrassment. 
 
 
 
Baekhyun stood up and spoke loudly, "Great. Want to get Ice cream?" 
 
 
 
"Shh!!" 
 
 
"Oops."
 
 
Chanyeol giggled.
 
 
 
🌾
 
 
"I told you should have tried the vanilla flavored one! That flavor is like the best selling flavor in their shop." Baekhyun says to Chanyeol who was his chocolate flavored ice cream. Baekhyun already finished his vanilla ice cream. 
 
They went to this ice cream parlour near their school. Chanyeol didn't know that it was really popular because there were students at their school buying Ice creams also earlier.  
 
"Let's try it next time." Chanyeol says, and he regretted saying it to Baekhyun.
 
 
"So there will be a next time?" Baekhyun asked teasingly, Chanyeol blushed and looked down still the Ice cream. Baekhyun noticed that there was Ice cream on the side of his mouth it was cute seeing Chanyeol like this, he was like a kid. 
 
 
"You have some ice cream on the side of your mouth." Baekhyun says. Chanyeol tilted his head and tried to get the chocolate at the side of his mouth but he kept missing. Baekhyun said a teasing 'Aish,' before wiping the chocolate on the side of Chanyeol's mouth. Chanyeol felt light headed again. The wallflower blushed, ear tips red as he managed to say a small 'thanks.' to Baekhyun who just smiled. But soon he glance at Chanyeol seriously. 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry about the party, it's been a few weeks and I haven't even apologized earlier to you." Baekhyun says. Why was he saying sorry? 
 
 
 
Chanyeol was about to open his mouth when Baekhyun beat him to it. "I was participated in Jongdae's plan. I thought you would be happy that you went to the party, I'm sorry." Baekhyun says sincerely. Oh. 
 
Chanyeol suddenly remembered Baekhyun talking to the girl at the party that time. He really wants to ask Baekhyun. But it may be weird for Baekyun if Chanyeol asked randomnky about the girl that Baekhyun was talking to that time. He doesn't want Baekhyun to know that he was observing him that time. He doesn't want Baekhyun to know how he felt his stomach twist that time. But most importantly, he doesn't want to know what his feeling.
 
 
Chanyeol smiled. "It's okay. Thank you for your effort Baekhyun. I'm sorry it was my fault. It's justー" He was cut off by Baekhyun who was frowning while looking softly at Chanyeol.
 
 
"Stop saying that," Baekhyun says. "It's not your fault, okay? Just be you." I like the way you are.  
 
 
"Okay." Chanyeol smiled happily. He was happy that Baekhyun accepts him. And he was happy that he was hanging out with Baekhyun. He was happy being with Baekhyun. And he liked this feeling. 
 
 
"Chanyeol?" 
 
 
"Yes?" Chanyeol smiled. 
 
 
"Just be comfortable around us,"  Around me. Not just with Jongin. Baekhyun says smiling softly and this is too dangerous for Chanyeol. His heart is about to burst from beating so abnormally. His cheeks were hot and Baekhyun's not helping with him saying these things to Chanyeol. 
 
 
Chanyeol nods still smiling. "Why aren't you with Jongin anyway? Lately, you two have been hanging out a lot." Baekhyun says as he raised his eyebrows. Jongin didn't get to hangout with Jongin because the boy had to go to dance class early. Sehun texted Jongin to hurry up. Jongin was about to not go but, Chanyeol just shook his head and smiled at Jongin saying that he should go and hurry so that he can't be late to dance class. Jongin just sighed but ruffled Chanyeol's hair and said okay telling Chanyeol that he will text him later. Yeah, they've already exchanged numbers. The others didn't get to have time to be with Chanyeol because they had Club activities. Luhan and Minseok in the soccer club. Tao, Lay, Sehun with Jongin attending dance classes. Kris who was the club head of the basketball club. Suho, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun in the music club. But wait..wasn't Baekhyun supposed to be in the music club today?
 
 
"He has dance class today," Chanyeol says. Baekhyun just hummed in reply. "Baekhyun?"
 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
 
"Aren't you supposed to be in the music club today?" Chanyeol asked. He wanted to know why was Baekhyun spending time with him when he's supposed to be in the music club. Baekhyun suddenly rub the nape of his neck while smiling sheepishly. "I skipped it today, to hang out with you." Chanyeol doesn't get it. He really doesn't. And his heart beating fast, isn't helping him either. Baekhyun and his words. Baekhyun and his smile while saying these words to Chanyeol made him want to run away and scream. 
 
 
It also made him smile. "You don't have to do this you know." Chanyeol says, blushing.
 
 
 
"Well, I'm glad I did because seeing you happy makes you gorgeous." 
 
 
 
Chanyeol almost forgot how to breathe.
 
 
 

 

 
Thank you for the comments on chapter three!!!! Tell me again what you guys think on this chapter and sorry if this chapter isn't too good huhu