Three

THE PERKS OF BEING PARK CHANYEOL
 
Three
 
confused feelings , party 
 
 
 
After that day, Chanyeol marked it as his best day ever. I mean who wouldn't right? When you're an 18 year old stuck up loner who has no friends for 18 years who wouldn't be happy by having friends for the first time? Chanyeol guessed that maybe he's just the only one who's like this. But he doesn't care. 
 
He was glad he met Baekhyun and the others. Still, he can't help but think if they really accept him. God, Chanyeol stop thinking about these things. Having friends feels nice. Staying on the sidelines is not something to do forever. Maybe it's time for him to move forward and accept things. 
 
Remembering the sudden events earlier made the wallflower smile to himself for the five hundredth time again since he went home. His smile widen when he remembered Baekhyun. Baekhyun. Baekhyun. And his smile. Baekhyun just makes Chanyeol comfortable around him. And he really can't deny the fact that he enjoy being with the boy. 
 
 
 
Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun feels the same. 
 
 
But what he didn't know is, everyone feels the same. 
 
 
🌾
 
 
"Hey Chanyeol, do you have any plans after this?" Baekhyun suddenly asked Chanyeol who was munching on his fruit bar. Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongdae and Sehun were currently at the bleachers of their court where school games are held. Sehun noticed that the boy was eating a protein choco bar that he also eats. Chanyeol stopped munching and looked at Baekhyun questioning a 'why?' by tilting his forehead as a sign. Baekhyun grinned. Baekhyun was about to speak when Jongdae suddenly interrupted Baekhyun.  The said boy just glared daggers at Jongdae for interrupting him But he just stayed quiet because his phone suddenly buzzed while Sehun just rolled his eyes. 
 
Jongdae had a plan. He plans to make Chanyeol to be more sociable around people. Yeah, he knows that Chanyeol is introverted and a wallflower but, maybe Chanyeol will be happy more if he makes Chanyeol sociable around people. He only told Baekhyun about this and the boy doesn't seem to agree but when Jongdae said that the boy may be happy to go to a party and have fun. Baekhyun sighed and smiled at Jongdae saying he's in to the plan.
 
Jongdae doesn't really understands, after all.
 
"There's a party today at Tiffany sunbaenim's house. Do you know her?" As Jongdae asked that Chanyeon nod. A party? Chanyeol has never been to a party. If you can count Chanyeol's birthday party as a party that he's been to, then that's just funny because it's his own b-day party. He just celebrated with his parents and hand him gifts such as Novels, and he got a new laptop last year. But Chanyeol guessed that this is a different party. Maybe, it's like in the movies where they get drunk and stuff. This is High school so partying and getting drunk is normal and maybe it won't really be like in the movies as Chanyeol thought what a Senior High party should be. 
 
 
He suddenly felt that his stomach has been twisted as he answers Jongdae. Chanyeol answered simply. He felt eyes staring at his back and as he looked it was none other than Jongin who was looking handsome as always with his ripped jeans and leather jacket. Chanyeol suddenly felt his ear tips go red, as Jongin sat beside Sehun.
 
 
"Yah, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at the dance studio?" Sehun asked curiously. Jongin dance? Chanyeon looked at Jongin but, the boy was already looking at him. Chanyeol looked away first and looked down. 
 
 
 
"We don't have dance class today." Jongin says cooly. 
 
 
 
Chanyeol can't help but notice that these past few day lately his surrounded by boys. Not just boys. But dazzling boys. And it made him feel light headed. Yeah, he was biual. He admitted it to his parents when he was in Junior High, his parents hugged him and told him reassuring words as they hugged him and telling him that they were so proud that he was honest with his feelings. 
 
 
"Anyway," Jongdae says while rolling his eyes. Because their topic earlier was suddenly gone and he didn't received an answer from Chanyeol yet. "So Chanyeol do you know her?" Jongdae continues and the other three pair of eyes were on his. "Yes, I do." Chanyeol says softly while he felt his heart beat wildly in his chest. 
 
 
"You're coming with us right?" As Jongdae said that to Chanyeol, he felt his stomach twist with nervousness. I never have been to a party. What should I say? Should I say yes? But if i say yes it will just be uncomfortable for me to be there but what if I say no?  They'll hate me for --- 
 
 
"Stop bothering him." Jongin suddenly said to Jongdae. He noticed that the boy was thinking deeply because of his facial expression. Knowing that the boy, was a wallflower. It's obvious that he's battling 'what if's' in his mind. Sehun knew it too, but he just shut his mouth. 
 
 
Sehun eyed Jongin. Lately, he's been noticing for these past three weeks since they met Chanyeol. Jongin's eyes were always on Chanyeol, every movement of Chanyeol and when he talks to Chanyeol he slightly rub his neck. Sehun knows that when Jongin rubs his neck while talking to someone, he likes that person. Like, really really like. Jongin has always been a shy person and at expressing his feelings. 
 
 
"What's with you?" Jongdae says as he snorted, not asking Chanyeol anymore questions. Baekhyun stayed quiet and looked at Chanyeol who was folding the wrapper of the choco bar while slightly pouting. Jongdae's plan . And really, what's with Jongin? If Jongin doesn't have dance class after school he always go home early. It's weird for Baekhyun, well, Sehun and Jongdae also for Jongin to stay in school with them. 
 
 
 
The wallflower suddenly spoke and met eyes with Jongin for a second.
 
 
 
"I'll go."
 
 
 
Jongdae grinned. Baekhyun thought on what made Chanyeol say yes to go to the party and also about Jongin. 
 
 
Baekhyun won't ask.
 
 
Jongdae never understands.
 
 
🌾
 
 
As he entered Tiffany's house, noise surrounded his ears, feeling his stomach twist in nervousness again. So this is a party. As soon as he went home, he rushed upstairs to his room to picked an outfit to wear at the party. He gave up searching for a decent outfit because all he had are jeans, plaid shirts and hoodies. He ended up wearing skinny white jeans, a black shirt and a grey jacket. This was all he had and he doesn't want to spend money for clothes anyway, so he just sighed. 
 
His parents were happy for him. As soon as they heard from Chanyeol that he was invited to the party. Well, not really personally from Tiffany but, from Jongdae. They smiled widely telling him that his sister will be happy too. Her sister, Yura, is currently in the other country working. If her sister has free time, they always skype or sometimes message each other through messenger. 
 
He looked around. It was like a party should be. It was really the same like the High School themed movies that he watch sometimes. There were people dancing and laughing. Some were playing beer pong on the living room and some were making out which made Chanyeol blush. It's his first time seeing people make out. The couple were making out but it looks like they were eating their faces with each other. Chanyeol chuckled silently still slightly blushing from what he just witnessed. His eyes searched for Baekhyun but he can't be found so he walked slowly while looking down, he was really not used to this. And he just wants to crawl to the ground. He suddenly gasp as he bumped to a lean back, as he looked up it was none other than Kris with Lay, Suho and Tao. Their eyes widen as they saw Chanyeol, uncomfortable and slightly blushing. Why is this boy here? 
 
 
"Chanyeol?" Kris says. Chanyeol thanked the heavens that it was Kris who he bumped into. If it was another person he doesn't know what he'll do. He already feels suffocated. Suho wondered in why the hell was Chanyeol here. This is not a comfortable place for the boy to be around. It's a party. With people. It may not be a really big deal but it is for Chanyeol. Chanyeol is just, he's justー He looked worriedly at Chanyeol while Suho and Lay were also looking worried. Who even invited him here, anyway?
 
 
Chanyeol nodded and smiled slightly even though he felt more worse than earlier. "Why are you here?" Kris asked as he held Chanyeol arms motioning for the boy to move closer because there was a boy earlier who was checking out Chanyeol earlier when the boy was looking down when Kris said his name. Chanyeol blushed at the sudden contact. This is too much. I feel suffocated. 
 
As Kris asked Chanyeol, he remembered Jongdae again. "J-jongdae." Kris sighed while Lay shaked his head, Suho frowned, Tao looked dissapointed in something. Why did Jongdae invited him here? By the mention of Jongdae's name, the said boy suddenly popped out of nowhere with Kyungsoo smiling. He smiled widely as he noticed that Chanyeol actually went to the party. This will be a success. Kyungsoo's eyes widen by seeing Chanyeol. He didn't even want to attend this party in the first place, Luhan and Xiumin didn't attend, but Jongdae whined and whined and bombard Kyungsoo's phone with so many messages and missed calls. Saying that there will be a surprise. Jongdae was scared to force Luhan and Xiumin because they will just stare at Chen coldly. He didn't expect this. And it's not a good surprise seeing Chanyeol uncomfortable, looking like he's about to cry. He also noticed how the boy held tightly at his jacket. 
 
 
Kris was dissapointed in Jongdae. "Jongdae." Jongdae gulped. The others don't know about Jongdae's awesome plan. And seeing Kris looke at him like he wants to kill Jongdae made him shiver in fear. He only want to help the boy. "You've got a lot of explanations to do Jongdae-ah." Tao says looking displeased. 
 
 
Chanyeol who wants to interrupt was about to open his mouth to explain to them that it was him who wanted to go in the first place. It's just that- He was stupid. Really. When Kyungsoo suddenly held his hand guiding him to an unoccupied sofa where there where less people in the house. As they sat, Kyungsoo looked worriedly at Chanyeol. "You okay?"  Chanyeol nodded avoiding eye contact, Kyungsoo sighed. "I'm going to get something to drink, don't worry I'll only bring you juice."
 
 
"Hey kyungsoo," Kyungsoo turned around at Chanyeol who was looking at him. 
 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
 
"Thanks." Kyungsoo smiled. 
 
 
Chanyeol heard a familiar laugh even from all the noise from the people who were talking. He turned around to see who it was. He's guess was right because it was Baekhyun laughing and he's with a girl. Oh. Chanyeol blinked as he noticed how the girl kept touching his hands, while Baekhyun was whispering to the girl and then they'd laugh.
 
 
The twist in his stomach worsten.
 
He suddenly felt someone sat beside him. It was Jongin. He looked at Chanyeol blankly before scooting closer to the boy and he suddenly surround his arm on Chanyeol. "Don't push yourself. Say what you feel and what you want to say. Wo won't judge you." Jongin mumbled to Chanyeol, the boy just stayed quiet. In fact, Jongin was waiting for Chanyeol to come to the party. So that he can be with him so Chanyeol won't feel uncomfortable. Until kris and the others beat him to it by accident. Jongin won't even be here, if it wasn't for Chanyeol. He just felt the need to protect the boy. And it felt weird.
 
 
Kyungsoo who was now about to return to where Chanyeol is, saw that Jongin was beside him. Chanyeol was slightly leaning his head to Jongin's arm while Jongin looked at him worriedly. This is strange. But he gets it, he didn't planned to go back to where Chanyeol is because Jongin was there. Jongin will get it eventually. 
 
Chanyeol who was still repeating the scene earlier. Frowned. He didn't like what he was feeling. He felt worse. And he he felt like crying. Was it because of what happened today? Was it because of me not saying what I want to say? Or was it because of Baekhyun?
 
 
 
 
 
"Hey Jongin," Chanyeol wasn't sure if he should ask Jongin this question. But he asked anyway.
 
 
 
"Hmm?" 
 
 
 
"How does it feel to be in-love?" Jongin looked at Chanyeol, surprised, but suddenly his eyes soften. He blushed at the sudden question of Chanyeol. Even he doesn't know. So he stayed quiet. Chanyeol guessed that the boy doesn't know. Jongin wants to answer but he pursed his lips instead, looking at the boy who was slightly spacing out. 
 
 
 
When you think about them all day. 
 
When you can't wait to see that person smile.
 
 
Baekhyun. Baekhyun. Baekhyun.
 
 
 
The wallflower felt his chest hurt.
 
 
And he didn't like it at all. 
 

 

Tell me what you guys think on this chapter by commenting!! ^^ pls subscribe I would really appreciate it guys!! English is not my first language so bear with me if i have any errors xD