Chapter 5

Believe me

"Yah you know, you look ugly" 

 

"Like very ugly" I slurred my words. "So ugly I think you're cute."

 

"I know I know." Woo Bin responded. "And you're very drunk aren't you?" 

 

"MIN HO! ARE YOU READY YET??" I yelled. 

 

Tonight was the night of the New Years Eve Gala that MBC and KBS annually hosted. It was going to be the first time Min Ho and I were seen public. Proudly public. Public enough that we would be holding hands on the red carpet, adorned in a black tux and dress.

 

"MIN HO!"

 

It was usually normal for a girl to take longer to get ready but this time, it was the guy.

 

I was waiting on him to finish showering when I decided to look around his apartment. Starting with the fridge. There were numerous vitamin packets and water bottles inside. Health nut.

 

I then made my way inside his bedroom. I smiled when I noticed a photo of us on his bedstand. It was from the last time we went to Paris together. 

 

My finger tips lightly brushed the outlines of the picture until the sound of vibrations alerted me. 

 

From: Park Min Youngie

You coming tonight? I think I left my bracelet at your place. Can you bring it for me?

 

I felt my heart beating rapidly. 

 

Bracelet? 

 

An overwhelming amount of jealousy crept up from behind me. Why exactly didn't my boyfriend tell me about his ex-girlfriend being at his place?

 

"Are you ok?"

 

Alarmed, I dropped the phone. .

 

"Babe?" I heard him walking towards me. "Are you alright?"

 

"O-Oh." I replied. I felt lost for words. "I'm just going to wait outside" I stated as I picked his phone up and left.

 

"Are you sure you're okay?" Min Ho asked me as we stopped in front of the red carpet.

 

I was quiet the entire ride. My thoughts were filled of what could've been happening when Min Young was at his apartment. Why did she have to take off her bracelet? Why was she there in the first place?

 

"Babe? Its time." Min Ho stated once more as he held out his hand. 

 

And for the first time I was hesistant on holding it. Did I really want to reveal my relationship to the world like this? When I'm almost uncomfortable to even be with him at this moment?

 

I watched as the car door slid open and the hundreds of twinkling lights welcomed us. I felt Min Ho tug at me once more.

 

With uncertainty, I took his hand as he led me towards the carpet. 

 

"SUZY SUZY! Can you tell his about your relationship so far?"

 

"Have you guys discussed marriage yet?"

 

I saw the spark of cameras flashing in my eyes. How was our relationship really? Was Min Ho already thinking about marriage yet?

 

"Are you guys getting engage anytime soon?"

 

"Haha sorry everyone. But we have to go now."  I heard Min Ho as he held on to my waist tighter.

 

"Kim W------" I heard a journalist shout as we made our way inside the building. 

 

"Are you okay?" Min Ho asked me once we were in the elevator alone. The Gala was on the top floor of the Ritz-Carlton hotel. 

 

I nodded my head once more. "Deh. How about you? I asked as I tried changing the subject. "When did you want to leave?"

 

I was already ready to leave. After what had happened earlier, I felt no need to go to this pointless event.

 

I felt his hands on my waist as he turned me towards him. "Look babe. Whatever is bothering you, I'm sorry." He kissed my forehead. "Tell me about it later alright? I don't want to ruin our first New Years together." He placed the back of his hand on my cheek. "We already missed Christmas together." He chuckled. 

 

I gave a reluctant smile as he kissed my forehead again. The elevator then dinged as the elevator doors opened.

 

I felt his fingers entertwined with mines as we descended from the elevator. 

 

"Oh Min Ho hyung" We heard someone calling him. 

 

"Oh Bum-ah!" He let go of my hand as he greeted him. "How are you doing? When did you get here?" He asked. 

 

I was a bit distracted at how the entire place was so beautifully decorated. There was an open bar, a balcony and dance floor. Everything was adorned in either lace or white. Flower vases were on each table and there were even small trinkets spreaded everywhere. But the most important thing that I noticed was there were no journalists or flashing cameras. 

 

I then felt the emptiness once he was no longer by my side. I proceeded on feeling even more alone once I found myself standing behind Min Ho as he talked to other actors and actresses. 

 

I didn't even bother to notify him as I walked towards the bar by myself. 

 

"Two vodkas please."

 

I decided it was best to fill up on the bar while I could. Open bar why not. 

 

"Two more." I requested once I finished my second round. 

 

Lee Min Ho. Park Min Young. Yoona. Sung Joon. 

 

The bartender placed two cups in front of me as I stared longly at them. My thoughts were still on the text message Min Young had sent. Why didn't he tell me she was at his place?

 

I shook my head in frustration as I took one cup.

 

Once I had finished, I noticed my second glass was empty. 

 

"Are you cold?" 

 

Great. 

 

"Or did you not have enough the other night?" The soft-spoken voice asked me. 

 

"Bartender-nim Can I have another vodka please." I requested, ignoring the person next to me. 

 

"More?" He questioned me again. 

 

I rolled my eyes when the bartender placed another icy glass in front of me. "Look, Thank you for the other night Woo Bin-sshi but can't you just leave me alone?" I stated. I didn't need any memories or recollection of my mishaps the other night. It was already embarassing enough. I most importantly didn't need another thing to worry about. 

 

I took hold of the vodka cup as I decided to walk away from the bar. Maybe the balcony bar. 

 

I felt my body losing balance once I got off the barstool. I must've dranken my rounds to fast as I started seeing two instead of one. 

 

"Whoa. Are you alright there drunkie?" I heard Woo Bin chuckle. I felt his hand grasping on to mines as he gave me support for my balance. 

 

And for the first time that night I felt less cold. Maybe it was the alcohol thoughts. 

 

Almost immediately I took hold of my hand again. I didn't need him to rescue me all the time. 

 

"Shouldn't you be with Min Ah-sshi right now?" I questioned as I looked up towards him. I was a bit speechless once I made eye contact into his deep dark orbs. He was a lot more handsome than I last remembered. Wait. Did I just say that? 

 

Maybe it was just the alcohol talking again.  

 

He chuckled as he placed his hands in his pockets. "She's coming later." He stated in a matter-of-fact tone. 

 

"Then why are you following me around? Don't you have other people to talk to?" I asked once more. Surely with his handsome looks he has a lot more friends in this place than I do. 

 

"And that is probably the only reason why I want to talk to you." He shrugged his shoulders as he looked around. "Theses people here only talk about themselves. It gets annoying." He then looked at me again. "Plus not to be cocky and all but I've probably dated every girl in this room." He smirked. 

 

And once more I had to roll my eyes at such perposterous notions. "Every girl here?" I asked in curiosity as I began to look around.  

 

"Every." He stated. 

 

I didn't believe it. "How about her? Kim Hyorin?" I pointed. 

 

He frowned. "She has a funny laugh."

 

"Hmm. What about Kim Taeyeon?" I pondered once more as I noticed she was getting punch with D.O. 

 

"Actually." He began. "She was my first blind date." Smirking as he took the vodka glass from my hand and sipped it. "To be honest I think she was still dating G-dragon hyung at that time." He looked down at me. "I think she still is." 

 

I was amazed at how much information he knew about the other idols. "Daebak. What a man you are." I stated again chuckling as I turned my attention towards the other celebrities in the room. My eyes roamed around until I spotted Min Ho. 

 

I dropped my clutch at the sight of him.

 

He was standing outside the balcony. And in front of him was Park Min Young. Just them. Alone. I felt my heart twinge at the sight of my boyfriend and his ex-girlfriend next to him. The scene from earlier made its way back to my thoughts. 

 

"Yah are you alright?" I heard Woo Bin as he broke me from my thoughts. He slipped my clutch back into my hands as he looked towards the direction I was looking at. "Oh? Min Young Noona's here." 

 

Annoyed, I walked away from him.

 

Great. Even he knew who she was.

 

"Why aren't you with Min Ho Hyung?" He asked me this time. 

 

"I, I dont know." I mumbled. 

 

I found myself heading towards elevator.

 

"Hey where are you going?" 

 

The only thing I wanted to do at the moment was leave. There was something about that scene that perplex me into a world wind of emotions.

 

Did he think I wouldn't find out? Or was I jumping to conclusions? 

 

"Suzy-ah!" I heard a voice following from behind me as I walked towards the front of the building. 

 

It was Woo Bin again. 

 

Hastily, I continued making my way towards the front. 

 

"YAH!"

 

I felt my tears threatening to fall down as I didn't want to stop. The flashing lights of the photographers and journalists were close. 

 

"YAH!" I felt my arm being pulled. It was then when I felt Woo Bin turn me around. The tears that had welled up were falling down effortlessly as I could only manage to stare at the ground. 

 

"Are you alright there?" He asked me. "You just left like that. Wouldn't Min Ho hyung be--" He stopped when he noticed a tear slipping from my face. "Hey, whats wrong?" He lifted my chin to face him. 

 

Everything. Thats whats wrong. 

 

"Nothing." I muttered. "I- I have to go." I said as I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. I made another attempt to release myself from his grasp. 

 

"Are you sure?" He questioned again. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

 

No. Not with you. 

 

He turned me towards him again, this time with a bit more strength. 

 

"Oh boy." I heard him sigh as he looked at me again. I didn't know what was happening but for the second time that night, he gave me a warm feeling. I had my eyes in the depths of the ground when I felt him embrace me. "Cry." I felt him patting my back. "Just. Just cry." 

 

Why was he doing this for me?

 

From: Min Ah <3

Woo Bin-ah. Mianhae but I don't think I can do this anymore.