Chapter 4

Believe me

Happy Together ended close to midnight. I was too caught up with Yoo Jae Suk Ahjussi and Park Myung Soo Ahjussi that I had forgotten about Min Ho and Yoona's kiss scene. I lost track of time and almost forgot about my plans to surprise Min Ho. 

 

There was another thing that I almost forgot. Wanted to forget. 

 

The image of Sung Joon's backside still twinged at my heart. The fact that he didn't say anything still bothered me. Not a single word or exchange was given. It wasn't like him to do that. 

 

I bet Min Ho wouldn't be so happy if I brought this matter up with him. 

 

No. He wouldn't. 

 

I was the last one out of the waiting room as I made my way towards the downstairs parking lot. 

 

Min and Fei left without me earlier because they wanted to check out the cafe across the street. Min had texted me she be right back. But that was nearly 30 minutes ago. And here I was, left standing in the quiet and cold parking lot. 

 

I felt my nose grow stuffy from the breezy air. 

 

"Did you get stranded?"

 

 I jumped a bit at the voice. 

 

But I knew who it was. I knew clearly well.  

 

"Ani. I'm waiting on my manager." I replied as I looked into the further distance. Not wanting to make eye contact. 

 

"Oh kure?" He replied again. "Okay then." 

 

I watched as he walked away from me. His tall body cladded in black with a black hat to match. 

 

Manager oppa should be here any minute I kept telling myself. Fei and Min probably ordered a lot I thought. I whipped out my phone to check any miss calls or messages. Nothing.

 

My nose was already getting droopy.

 

Maybe they even checked out the burger shop next door.

 

I began contemplating with myself whether or not I should just walk to them. It was freezing outside. But it was freezing in here as well.   

 

It was almost 11:30 PM. At this rate I wouldn't be able to catch Min Ho. I began dialing my manager when a black Audi entered the parking lot.   

 

Great. How cliche is that.  

 

The tinted windows rolled down and I met the eyes of the man who hasn't cease to enrage me the past few days.   

 

"Yah get on" 

 

Is this man crazy? A stalker maybe?

 

"No thank you." I scoffed. 

 

I decided it was best to ignore him. I also decided to embrace the freezing weather and make myself walk towards my bandmates. Hugging myself, I felt a gush of wind welcomed me as I began my walk. 

 

Did he really come back for me?

 

"Yah hurry and get on" He yelled once more. This time following me slowly. 

 

And once more I ignored him. Why did he come back? Why would he?

 

"Yah Bae Suzy don't be stubborn!" 

 

I stopped my tracks as I heard my full name come out of his mouth. I was heated. But not heated enough. 

 

"Why do I need to?" I questioned as I looked him dead in the eye. "Why do I need to go with you huh?" 

 

I watched as he rolled his eyes at me. Grabbing his phone he began scrolling through it. "See?" He showed me a text message. 

 

From: Soo Hyuk Hyung

Miss A and I are gonna get drinks.

Oppa, If you're still at the broadcast please take Suzy home. You guys are close aren't you? Thank you!! :D - Min and Fei

 

"I can just leave you here too" He stated again as he took back his phone.

 

Min and Fei were gonna get drinks with Lee Soo Hyuk? Was that the reason why they left me stranded?

 

They left me in the cold, waiting forever for them only to find out they were already going to get drinks?!

 

"So are you gonna get on?" Woo Bin asked me once more. 

 

My expression grew from annoyance to hesitation. Of all the people in the world does it have to be this man?

 

I gripped on to the door handle as embarassment was written all over me. 

 

"Can you get in any faster?"

 

I watched as he leaned over and opened the door from the inside. "Get in already." 

 

Closing my eyes, I opened the door widely and got in. The car was already warm.

 

"Seat belt"

 

And within seconds we were out of the parking lot and on to the main road.

 

The bright twinkling lights of Seoul illuminated to the inside of his Black Audi.

 

Silence welcomed us as he began driving.

 

"Where do you want to go?" He asked me.

 

"Hannam-Dong." I replied. "UN Village."

 

From my perceptical vision, I watched him nodding his head.

 

"You're going to Min Ho Hyung's house?"

 

"Yes."

 

And with that, silence welcomed us once more. 

 

My thoughts were on my plans to surprise Min Ho. Should I cook him something? Should I bring him soup for this weather? Maybe groceries? 

 

"So are you going to the New Years Eve gala?" Woo Bin asked me. His hands switching the dials of the car volume. 

 

I lost my train of thought. 

 

"Excuse me. I'm thankful for the ride and all but can't we just ride in silence?" I replied. I was in no mood to conversate. I just needed to get to my destination.

 

And that would be to my boyfriend. 

 

"Kure?" He turned up the volume.

 

"Were you this rude to Sung Joon too?" I heard him whisper. 

 

What would you know?

 

I didn't know the time when we arrived to Hannam-Dong but when we arrived I was welcomed to the sight of an orange street tent. Thats weird. Hannam-Dong doesn't have street stalls like this. 

 

"I'm hungry." Woo Bin stated. "Get off. Were only 15 minutes away. Ill take you to Min Ho Hyung when we finish eating." 

 

I was about to protest when I felt my stomach grumbling. 

 

"Come." Woo Bin stated again. He moved aside the plastic door and nudged me to enter. 

 

"Ahjumma! I'm back!" Woo Bin cried as he walked towards the elder lady of the tent. 

 

"Oh? Woo Bin-sshi, welcome! And you brought a friend?" The older lady looked from Woo Bin to Me. "Where's Min Ah-sshi?" She pondered as she looked over my shoulder. 

 

"Remember? She's filming with Ji Sub hyung" He replied. 

 

This must be a popular tent if this elder woman knew who Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub were. 

 

She nodded her head in understanding before clearing a table for us. 

 

"Ahjumma two soups and rice please" Woo Bin ordered. "And two sojus" 

 

I was appauled. "Yah. You're driving why are you drinking?" 

 

"To warm myself up. Its a cold night." He retorted. "Why? Aren't you cold?" 

 

I shook my head. I remembered the last time I drank and it wasn't a pretty picture. I felt my stomach tightening at the memory.

 

"Suit yourself then." He shrugged and poured himself a cup.

 

"Here you go" The older Ahjumma intervened. "Two rice and two soups enjoy!"

 

In a rush, I began scarfing down the rice and soup. The warm broth welcomed my insides but I still had a chilled feeling. Maybe Woo Bin was right. Alcohol does warm you up.

 

"Kkkkkk---" He screeched. 

 

"So warm" Woo Bin commented. His eyes reveling with happiness as he finished another cup.

 

"I'm telling you Suzy-ss----"

 

His words went silent when he watched me pour a cup for myself. I just needed to be warm. What was the harm in drinking just one or two cups anyways?"

 

 

 

 

To be continued...