Chapter 2

Believe me

"Come on baby. Hurry up!" 

 

"Yah. Lets just get theses ingredients and leave." I stated as I trudge towards the market place.

 

It was nearly three in the afternoon by the time we both woke up. The sun was slowly fading away as we made our way inside.  

 

In efforts to make it up to me and my hangover, Min Ho decided to cook me hangover soup. The only thing was I didn't have the ingredients needed for his legendary soup. 

 

And thus here we were. 

 

We both had our sunglasses and thick scarves on as we made our way into the market. I swear if we weren't celebrities, this would've been a breeze. 

 

I was holding on to his hand out of nervousness and excitment. We never really did this type of couple thing. No. Each time we saw each other it was in a hotel or someones house. Never in public.  

 

"Yah" He stated. "Loosen up a bit ok?" 

 

I looked at him from the side of my sunglasses. "You don't take me out as much. Let me do this." I tightened my grip on him. 

 

As we began pushing the cart, I could tell there were some people who recognized us. We were probably very obvious with our disguises. 

 

"Min Ho-sshi?" We heard a voice coming from behind us. "Min Ho-sshi?"

 

Oh no. A fan has recognized us. 

 

I saw a tap coming from behind his back. 

 

"Plea---" 

 

We both began to turned around until

 

"--Min Ah-sshi?" I heard him mumble in confusion.  His eyebrows wiggling behind the sunglasses. 

 

The woman who had tapped him was dress like us. She had a heavy pair of burberry sunglasses on and a thick scarf wrapped around her head and neck. 

 

"Min Ah-sshi!" Min Ho amused, pulling his glasses down a bit to see the person. "What are you doing here?" He pondered looking around her.  

 

How did he know this was Shin Min Ah? Even I couldn't tell who this was. 

 

It was as if I was invisible to him. Because at the sight of another person, he immediately let go of my hand. And immediately I felt like how I felt like last night again. I felt rejected. Like when he left me.  The warming grasp of his hand exonerating from mines.  

 

"I'm getting groceries for dinner tonight" She answered. "And you guys?" She asked, while looking at our shopping cart. "Did you guys have fun last night?"

 

"You two left so early."

 

"I had a headache." I responded monotonously. 

 

"Oh I see." She said nodding her head. Her judgemental eyes were scanning our cart. 

 

What. Its not like she hasn't seen soju and ice cream before. 

 

"Is this all you guys are eating?"

 

"De---" I was about to respond. 

 

"--Anni." I looked to my right at the man that had interrupted me. He was smiling, teeth wide open like a dog. "I was gonna cook my famous hangover soup tonight." He said.

 

And again with the nodding. "I see." She replied. Her eyes flowed from our cart to her basket. "Do you two want to have dinner with me tonight instead?" She asked. "Woo Bin won't be home tonight. He has a photoshoot until midnight."

 

Nope. No thank you.

 

Woo Bin wasn't home and so she wanted to invite us? Or did she just want to invite Min Ho?

 

I was about to respond until I was cut off once again. "--Ok! Call" I heard Min Ho again.

 

Gritting my teeth, I looked at him from the side of my glasses. The tint of the glasses must've covered my annoyance because he looked at me and grinned. "Right Suzy-ah?"  

 

"Wonderful." Min Ah replied. Smiling with amusement she looked at me. "See you in a bit? Min Ho-sshi you remember my house right?" She asked as she turned towards him.

 

"Of course."

 

---

 

I didn't know if it was me or the fact that Min Ho knew where she lived bothered me. But I spent the entire car ride in silence. My thoughts running in circles as the whole market scene replayed in my head. Exactly why did we have to go again?

 

Just how exactly did Min Ho remember where she lived? He usually depends on the GPS for every destination we go to. 

 

We arrived shortly after in a gated neighborhood near Seongbuk-dong. I had heard many celebrities lived in this neighborhood. It was pretty rich with models and chaebols. Each house looked like a dream. Effortlessly modern and high end. Something I can't afford for years.  

 

Our car ride was silent. From when we went to the wine shop to the butcher shop. Min Ho had a smiling grin as he kept driving.

 

Why was he so happy? 

 

"Suzy-ah." He broke the silence. "I've been wanting to introduce you to Min Ah-sshi for the longest time."  

 

Longest time huh. Why didn't he do so earlier? 

 

We were both standing outside Min Ah-sshi's house in a matter of minutes. My eyes were enlarged as I stared at the house. This place was huge. It was bigger than Min Ho's house. Possibly Bigger than my parents house. No doubt it was probably double the size of my apartment. And in that moment I felt small. Her house made me feel small. Maybe it was because her house and neighborhood was so rich I felt intimidated. 

 

 

"Min Ah-sshi" Min Ho knocked on her door. Min Ho was holding the wine bottle and grocery bag, while I was holding the fruits that he insistently wanted to get. 

 

We waited a couple minutes before the door opened.

 

Min ho and I had our backsides facing the door as we were still admiring Min Ah's front porch. 

 

"Annyeong" 

 

We heard a deep voice. 

 

Thats strange. Min Ah-sshi didn't have a deep voice. No. This was not Min Ah's voice at all. It was the voice of someone familiar. It was The voice of someone who saved me the other night. 

 

We both turned around and greeted the person. 

 

"Annyeong Min Ho hyung." 

 

The greeter greeted us. He was leaning underneath the threshold of the door. Grinning. "Why do you look so shock?" He asked. "Did you not expect to see me?" 

 

I could sense disappointment coming from Min Ho. His eyes were filled with shock and dismay. "Anni." He cleared his throat. "Im always happy to see my hoobae." He stated hesistantly. I could see he was forcing on a smile.  

 

Just what exactly was my boyfriend's thinking?

 

"Let me help you with that" Woo Bin stated as he took the fruit box away from me. "Come in. Min Ah is waiting on you guys." 

 

After clearing his throat, Min Ho walked in. I followed suit as Woo Bin winked at me. 

 

"oh you guys made it!" Min Ah welcomed us. Her beauty and enthusiasm radiated throughout the room. It was like we were in a drama as the bright light illuminated her. It wasn't even bright outside. She was standing behind the kitchen with a towel over her shoulder and a spoon in her hand.  

 

"And you guys brought wine!" She exclaimed as Min Ho passed the bottle on to her. "Thank you."

 

"Great. All I need to do is set the table. Dinner should be served shortly" She said as she made her way around the kitchen again. 

 

So Woo Bin-sshi really picked the motherly type. 

 

Min Ho and I stood there helplessly as we watched Woo Bin and her cook.

 

It was rather annoying to watch. 

 

And so through good manner and regret, I made my way towards her and volunteered my assistance. Min ho had already made himself at home. Not even bothering to help with anything. 

 

Here I was trying to be a good guest for his friends. Let say that again. For his friends. Not mines. I barely knew them. 

 

And I was outside setting up the table for them. 

 

"Do you need help with that?" Woo Bin asked me a couple moments later.  

 

I was too busy setting up the table that I had notice someone was behind me. I then saw another pair of hands helping me set the table. 

 

"How are you feeling from last night?" He asked me again. "Hungover still?" 

 

Why was he talking to me? 

 

"I'm fine. Thank you for asking." I replied. "Thank you again" I stated as I remembered his help. 

 

I wanted to cut this conversation short. I mean what was there to talk about with this man?

 

Gladly enough, there was a silence that welcomed us after my response. Woo Bin was placing napkins on the table when he spoke again. "You know Suzy-sshi." He began. "I don't like you."

 

"Don't get me wrong." He waved his hand in front of me. "I know you don't like me either." He responded bluntly. 

 

"I just don't see what my friend saw in you. Neither Do I understand what Min Ho sees in you either." He confessed.

 

I was mortified at his words They had left me still in my actions.

 

Just exactly why was he telling me this? What friend was he talking about? 

 

"Friend?" I asked as I continued placing the forks. My attention was in full alert now. 

 

"Bang Sung Joon." He said as he stood straight. "Sung Joon is my Hoobae and modeling friend." 

 

He crossed his arms and looked me up and down. "To be honest you're not that good looking either." He said bluntly.

 

I scoffed.

 

"Neither are you." I retorted. "I don't see what Min Ah-sshi sees in you either."

 

I felt so offended and heated at the moment. Sung Joon? Was he really going to bring Sung Joon into this conversation?

 

I mean I loved Sung Joon. We dated for 3 months and those were the best moments of my life. I loved that man very much. After Gu Family Book we dated. We went on vacations, we went to Japan together. Bali, Busan, etc. We practically spent every day together. But it wasn't me who had rejected him. It wasn't me who dumped him. No. It was Sung Joon who dumped me. It was he who made the ultimate decision to dump me.

 

The reason why? I dont know myself personally. 

 

"Me neither." Woo Bin answered again. "But at least Im still with her."  

 

"Sung--" I was about to explain myself but again I was interrupted. 

 

"You know." He began again. "You left my friend very heartbroken after you left." 

 

I left him heart broken? Me? Really? I had no reason to explain myself to him.

 

It was wonders why he was such a jerk to me.

 

"Are you guys done?" We heard Min Ah calling out.

 

Our attention turned towards the door. Min Ho and Min Ah were walking out together.

 

"Yeah baby." Woo Bin replied as he walked towards Min Ah. "Do you need help with that?" 

 

I looked at Min Ho who was holding a steaming pot. 

 

My mind was still concentrating on Sung Joon. Did Min Ho hear about it by any chance? If they hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even noticed them. 

 

"Are you guys getting along well?" Min Ho asked me as we sat on the table together.

 

I nodded my head as I took a sip of the soup. Yeah. Totally well. 

 

"So Min Ho-sshi did you read the script yet?" This time Min Ah intervened. "I hear Director Park is waiting to hear from you." 

 

Script? He never told me he wanted to make another drama. 

 

"Script?" Woo Bin questioned. "What script hyung?"

 

I watched as Min Ho grew nervous.

 

"Yah thats none of your business." He responded as he gulped his water. 

 

"Hyung Why do you always get the best roles!" Woo Bin retorted once more. "Why don't you give me one of your script offers deh?" 

 

I thought we had already agreed to no more jobs? Was I missing something? Min Ho had promised me, after Heirs he was finished. Finished until he had to join the military. 

 

I watched as Min Ho began pondering.

 

"Araseo. For you I'll give you the ones I don't like." 

 

 

 

 

Part two will be updated! Stay tuned for more Woo Bin and Suzy moments!