My Rise

Watch Me

Chapter 2// My Rise

Just like how some fall below the depths of the ocean waters, there are those who will surge on and become heavens happiness, the ones who sky rocket into the skies with an undetermined power to do anything that they can. That was Myungsoo, the hero of his small town. The sole person who had lived there and to have decided to live out of the small area.

He was born into a poor family, one of seven children with two girls and five boys. His mother and father had no hope for any of the their children, that is except for Haneul, but Haneul had died long ago. His part of neighborhood was dangerous and there were many criminals that had opted to live there due to the cheap rent and affordable shops near the area.

Myungsoo had never had it ‘easy’ growing up, unlike of what many of the articles said. He worked at a burger shop at the age of thirteen, pretending to be seven years older than he actually was. He studied diligently and made an amazing discovery and got his current job as the president of his own researching companies and many other businesses he had invested in. Now, he was all glory with no downs except a busy schedule and no time for relief, but there was always a solution if you had money.

You see, money had made Myungsoo a monster. He was nasty in the business world and absolutely rude in any other area. His mother and father were killed long ago by gangs in the poor area, yet Myungsoo never had the heart to visit their funeral. Sure, he funded for it, and he knew his parent’s love for him was genuine but there was something that told him he should not waste his precious time to visit the insignificant family he had been born in.

He was always bullied as a kid for attending school with dirty hand me downs, the once white shirts had become a sort of dirty yellow blend and the black slacks turned gray, even the red tie was faded in color and washed too many times that it had shrunk almost a quarter of its original size. Myungsoo took pride in wearing that, but now that he looked back; he realized he was an innocent child, happy with even the simplest things such as a left over cake from his mother’s work or a new toothbrush that was on sale at half a dollar. He used to make the brightest out of anything.

“Hoya!” called Myungsoo rising up, slapping his old friend on the back. Hoya was the first person he had met that didn’t try to scheme him with the thoughts of losing his empire. Hoya never knew what it was like to be a part of a poor family, barely enough bread to feed nine mouths, but he did understand how cruel businessmen were to the underdogs of the new world.

“Myungsoo-ah, long time no see. How have you been?” Hoya asked, sitting across from Myungsoo’s hard mahogany desk. “Well, I have a new trip planned tonight. Do you want to come? Dongwoo took a new interest after his girlfriend broke up with him,” Hoya chuckled. “Dongwoo always gets his heart broken. I wonder how many tries it would take for it to be repaired.” Myungsoo laughed and propped his feet up.

“So, what do you thing?”

Hoya nodded, “Sounds great, my date left me for some old man anyways.”

Myungsoo rolled his deep brown eyes, “If I didn’t know better, I would think they had a little thing for them.” 

Hoya shifted in the chair, leaning to the right with his elbow propped up. “You barely date any girls, you’re as gay as that neighbor you always whine about.” Hoya narrowed his eyes, “Are you that neighbor?” Myungsoo laughed and clapped his hands together, “Right, old pal. I am that shirtless guy who pours beer over himself and his partner.” 

Hoya winked and swirled his tea, “It’s awfully stressful, why don’t we head to the beach next week? Hit the shops and grab a few tan line, you know?” Myungsoo sighed, “You know I don’t have time. I have little to no time left. Besides, I’m already taking us to that place.. it’s not the best but Dongwoo is a patron. I already booked a boy with the manager. We can have fun without getting that awful thing you call ‘tanning’.”

Hoya rolled his eyes, “Stick with the trends, old man. Everyone in the west is doing it.”

Myungsoo sighed, “Whatever, I have better dreams to get too. Go grab yourself another cup of tea or some books. We can leave when I finish, not everyone has a rich father like you.”

Hoya chuckled and shook his head, leaving the chair to snuggle up on the couch.

Authors Note:// I hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry about it being very short! Could you spot where the two story lines connect?