Hold My Gaze

Watch Me

Chapter 3// Hold My Gaze 

His leg rubbed against the cool leather of the couch. The man was reclined in an armchair, casually holding a glass of clear liquid in his hand. 

The mysterious man got up, tracing his long thin fingers over Sungjong’s thighs as they shivered from the cold environment. “I shouldn’t be doing this tonight,” muttered the man before casually swallowing the rest of the liquid and throwing the glass behind his back. 

Sungjong hitched his breath; no matter how many days and months that he had done this he had never gotten used to the sensation of skin on skin. It always felt so.. .

Sunggyu always liked to say that Sungjong was too sensitive for his own good. One touch and the poor boy would start to breath deeper. Sungyeol was never lenient towards his sensitivity and with every chance that the tall man got, he would touch and tickle his younger friend.

The man only smirked and advanced towards Sungjong, throwing the boy onto the soft bed.

The night was a long one and the warm from the stranger never seemed to end as they continued until the sun warmed the room.

Sungjong groaned, it was unusual to wake up in a bed. He was usually discarded as soon as he was paid, leaving him in the streets to wander home by himself. The bed was soft, almost as that of a hotel. The pillows let his head sink in and the sheets molded around his body. 

The bed was still warm. The man must have left earlier.

Sungjong yawned, stretching his limbs. He would have to go back soon, but something about this room kept him from bolting out.

Sungjong slowly pulled up the stockings and dress that he had worn last night. Luckily, Sungjong had chosen a decent one that was not too obscene like those that Sungyeol had liked him to wear. 

Sungjong slowly creaked open the door, shoes in hand as he quietly walked out making sure not to step on the shards of glass.

He finally reached his destination, the grand door that he had entered in.

A hand stopped him from opening the door. 

“Where are you going?” asked the man, his voice low and steady. Sungjong slowly backed away from the door, “Out. I finished the job.” 

The man made no move to move his hand away from the handle, “I called your company. You’re staying with me until dinner.” 

The man slipped into his polished leather shoes, ready to head out, stopping once he reached the car. “By the way, call me Myungsoo.”

Sungjong blinked before hurrying after the taller; his shoes did not help.

Sungjong slowly crawled out of the car, shoes clacking against the smooth floor. The building that Myungsoo had taken him to was large, extremely big. It.. it was almost like the building that his family had owned. The glass walls shined and the dark furniture stood out from the white floor. It brought memories back.

“President!” yelled a man, his purple hair was flying as he sprinted towards Myungsoo and the documents held in his hand seemed as if they could fly out any second. There were a few buttons on his yellow suit that seemed to be missing. 

Myungsoo clasped Sungjong’s hand and turned to face the uncoordinated man. “Dongwoo,” he said nodding her head, not minding Dongwoo’s appearance. “You’re late for your meeting, president.” 

Myungsoo only nodded and walked in the opposite direction of his secretary. “Mr. President..” said Dongwoo very slowly, stretching out each syllable. “Is that your girlfriend? Who is she? When did you meet? Mr. President, I didn’t know you were dating someone!”

The questions were put to a stop as Myungsoo’s fierce gaze tore into Dongwoo’s eyes.

Sungjong was utterly confused, carefully poking Myungsoo’s shoulder. He ignored the tap.

“Dongwoo, I’ll be there soon. Try to postpone the meeting.”

Myungsoo quickly dragged Sungjong to a secluded area on the first floor, tall bonsai trees and tables hid themselves from the public eye. 

“Don’t say anything. I bought you for today.”

Sungjong frantically nodded, terrified at Myungsoo. 

“The reporters are getting suspicious over my uality, and I simply do not have time to date anyone.”

Sungjong cocked his head, “So.. where do I fit into this equation?”

Myungsoo patted the smaller boy’s shoulder. “You will act as my girlfriend. I have already negotiated this with your boss and he seems quite willing.”

Sungjong slowly processed Myungsoo’s words. The money would be good and the job wouldn’t be troublesome if he got to sleep on the soft bed and walk around the clean hallways.

Myungsoo clapped his heads elegantly. “You don’t have a choice.”

Sungjong tightened his lips, this man was being much too worrisome.

Myungsoo started walking leaving Sungjong scrambling after him. “I only need you for a week or so before you can go away. We’ll start this tomorrow, I’ll have Dongwoo prepare you clothes today.”

Sungjong stopped his painful steps as Myungsoo reclined back in his armchair. 

Myungsoo looked him up and down. “We can’t waste you just by showing you off. I don’t hazardously spend money.” whispered Myungsoo.

Sungjong hesitantly breathed out, not realizing that he had been holding the air in.

Myungsoo smiled at Sungjong. 

“I have a meeting to get to today, but you can go back.. to your home.”

Sungjong immediately left the room, slightly trembling in the stilettos.

Sungjong called a taxi to pick him up from Myungsoo’s business. It seemed to be a long way from home as the only building he recognized was a popular restaurant chain.

The metal door smoothly opened as Sungjong awkwardly stumbled in, kicking off the shoes and running to the room he shared with Sungyeol.

Sungyeol sat perched on top of the bed. 

“Sungyeol hyung, I thought you were ill.”


Authors Note// Very very sorry about the late update ><
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please tell me what you think about it~