Live Like Me

Watch Me

Chapter 4// Live Like Me

Sungyeol shook his head. “I’m well now.”

Sungjong sighed swinging his milky white legs across Sungyeol’s lap. He rubbed his eyes in frustration. “What have I gotten myself into now?”

Sungyeol cocked his head, his forehead wrinkles were starting to show once more.

Sungjong shook his head, turning it down, pursing his lips like a prune in anger. He got up and walked to his own bed. Even Sungyeol would ignite the fire in his heart that had been burning for quite a while. 

“Sungjong, don’t be like this.”

Sungjong turned his head to face Sungyeol. “You don’t know what you’re talking about. Go away and rest.” He barked, facing the wall after he was done snarling.

Sungjong fell onto his bed staring at the only painting he owned.

The pure pink cherry blossoms painted the tree in a multitude of ways, draping the tree with the beautiful flowers. He lifted his fingers to brush the painting, it was the last item he every owned from his parents. 

His parents originally wanted Sungjong to sit at the base of the tree for the painter to paint, but the younger version of him was much to shy to be painted by a stranger. He regret that so much.

He dreaded for tomorrow to come. He hated Myungsoo’s ways. He seemed like just because he was wealthy, he owned everyone that made a penny less. Sungjong slowly dozed off, his eyes never drifted away from the painting. 

The morning light never shined in. The room was dark and dim, a few cheap lamps made it light up, but they were certainly a hassle to turn on. 

Sungjong yawned, stretching his limbs. Last night was pretty easy, depending on what you were used to. As a matter of fact, Sungjong would have surely enjoyed himself for having such a ‘caring’ customer, if only he would never have to seen them again.

Sungjong groaned, remembering the things he would have to do for that god forsaken customer.

He brushed his hair and finished his quick personal hygiene routine, tiptoeing out of the room and into the living room to eat breakfast.

He saw Sunggyu there, eyes gleaming, a package in his hand and a wide smile to top it all off.

“Ah! Sungjong-ah! Come here!” said Sunggyu patting the seat on the sofa next to him. “Sit. Sit.”

“Hyung..” said Sungjong nervously picking at his black dress, nervously smoothing down the wrinkles. He had a habit of always using his finger for doing something. As a child he had always bitten his nails, but he soon grew out of that when Sunggyu painted his fingernails. The paint tasted awful, awfully toxic. 

“I have good news, darling,” said Sunggyu excitedly placing the box in Sungjong’s lap, gesturing to it in with his hands. “Open it.”

Sungjong nervously smiled at his hyung, quickly opening the box. 

The insides were lined with tissue paper, he pulled the pastel blue tissue to the side to stare at the floral printed dress and black wedges. Sungjong opened his mouth and looked at Sunggyu. “Hyung, you can’t be serious!” He lifted the dress out and dangled it in front of Sunggyu’s eyes, waving the fabric around. “This is a woman’s dress! If you don’t know this yet hyung, I am a man.”

Sunggyu scoffed. “You don’t complain when I make you wear those trashy outfits while you’re out during your hours.”

Sungjong fumed and threw the box along with the dress on the floor. “That’s because it’s my job, Sunggyu hyung.”

Sunggyu sighed and happily patted Sungjong’s fluffy head of hair. “It’s the same thing, Sungjong-ah. You’re doing this for a job as well. Same thing, you see?”

Sungjong frowned, “How in any way is a floral print dress for a job?”

“Remember the man you met yesterday? Don’t you remember what he told you?”

Sungjong widened his eyes, “You can’t be serious, hyung.” Sungjong shook his head, “You wouldn’t do that, wouldn’t it lose money?” He was desperate.

Sunggyu smiled. “I’ve already agreed to him. You know we can’t take promises back, don’t you, dear?”

Sungjong slowly nodded. “You raised me that way.”

Sunggyu proudly winked, “Now that’s a good boy, go put it on will you? I’ve got to tell Woohyun about the good news. I’ll make him cook you something good before Myungsoo picks you up. What would you like?”

Sungjong frowned and glared at the shoes and dress. “Anything is fine.” He no longer felt hungry after the news of what he was about to do. Sungjong scooped up the dress and the box, making his way to the nearest bathroom to change. He took off the black dress that he had worn last night, slipping the silky fabric of the floral printed dress on. He slipped the butterfly shaped earrings into his ear piercings, slipping on the velvet black choker and placing his feet on the very tall wedges.

He almost liked wearing platform shoes, minus the pain. He was never considered tall, or average even, so the shoes made him feel better about himself. It made him seem more normal to the world. 

Sungjong grabbed the pale peach purse and looked inside to find makeup and a wallet stuffed to the brim of the leather bag. He stared at his face and body through the full length mirror. It didn’t seem like he was even looking at the same person. Sungjong had never worn anything.. girly. It was mostly black and red at nights and sometimes hints of midnight blue. That was what the customer’s liked, so that was Sungjong’s wardrobe. 

He slowly dug his hand into the depths up the purse, pulling out a handful of makeup products. He didn’t want to anger the customer, Sunggyu said that he would get the worst punishment from angering them. 

After lightly putting on a bit of makeup Sungjong exited the bathroom, coming face to face with none other than Kim Myungsoo himself.

Authors Note: I haven’t updated this in oh so long! I hope you enjoyed. There wasn’t much going on in this chapter, but I hope you will be looking forward to the next.

Please comment about what you think :) Please support me. <3 

Subscribe, up-vote, and comment ( if you would like ^^) AHH Dongwoo's Birthday Nov.22, 1990 ;-)